Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bristol Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 39307 times)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 20:06:24 »

Kovar

Odimayo
Baudry
Broadbent
Hunt

Caddis
Grant
Smith
Haines
Smith

Hope.

Probably 451, 10 men behind the ball stuff

I like this team

ust be the oldest
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 20:21:16 »

Let's fast forward to Jan 1st can we get Twine in our team🤔

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 20:32:08 »

I doubt that he will be particularly pleased about having to leave  a relatively successful League two squad for a (currently) struggling STFC

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, November 19, 2020, 01:06:14 »

As above, he'd likely want to stay at Old Quay City for the season. Would like to see him back here to give him a run out for Town (let's face it, we can recall for the month and then send him back if not ready (a la Yates Rotherham return) for us yet) during January.

As for v The Gas...

BTTS should be a given.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, November 20, 2020, 07:51:31 »

As for v The Gas...

BTTS should be a given.
Both teams to miss would be a better bet !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, November 20, 2020, 09:01:27 »

Hasn't Tisdale just been given the Rovers gig? New manager syndrome always works against us very seldom for us. Can't see past either a Rovers win or at best a struggling draw.
Really hope to be proved wrong because this is a serious slide.
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, November 20, 2020, 09:08:35 »

Going to be tough against Tisdale.

Have to bring back Kovar in goal - Fryer clearly not ready. Bring in Broadbent and Baudry to start - I assume Donohue is injured - go with Haines as extra midfielder and push M Smith further forward

Kovar
Caddis Broadbent Baudry Hunt
Haines A Grant
M Smith
J Grant Pitman J Smith

I used to be Fatbury
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, November 20, 2020, 09:21:43 »

I doubt that he will be particularly pleased about having to leave  a relatively successful League two squad for a (currently) struggling STFC

Its completely irrelevant, he's an employee of STFC and surely he would be up for the challenge of testing himself at League 1 level having started the season in L2 very well?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, November 20, 2020, 09:29:27 »

The posts on these threads are all over the place right now (not just you Pooky). Despite multiple errors leading to goals in a number of games, Kovar and Baudry have been rehabilitated, while after one serious error and one defeat in three games Fryer is out. (Though I suppose Sheridan might change keepers as he doesn't have the previous with Kovar that we do.) Meanwhile, on the basis of a single solid but relatively uninspired game against L2 oppo, Haines is supposed to become the lynchpin in our midfield. It's all a bit over the top isn't it?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, November 20, 2020, 09:35:49 »

The posts on these threads are all over the place right now (not just you Pooky). Despite multiple errors leading to goals in a number of games, Kovar and Baudry have been rehabilitated, while after one serious error and one defeat in three games Fryer is out. (Though I suppose Sheridan might change keepers as he doesn't have the previous with Kovar that we do.) Meanwhile, on the basis of a single solid but relatively uninspired game against L2 oppo, Haines is supposed to become the lynchpin in our midfield. It's all a bit over the top isn't it?

I know isn’t a reply to me but I posted a 451 earlier in the thread with Haines included.

My reasoning is simple. I wanted 3 CMs in the 5 man midfield. With by default is Grant, Smith (M) and Haines based on nothing more than availability.

Same with Baudry at CB. I wanted Odimayo at RB and Caddis in front.

I can’t even remember which keeper I picked, horses for courses on that front.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, November 20, 2020, 09:49:53 »

I know isn’t a reply to me but I posted a 451 earlier in the thread with Haines included.

My reasoning is simple. I wanted 3 CMs in the 5 man midfield. With by default is Grant, Smith (M) and Haines based on nothing more than availability.

Same with Baudry at CB. I wanted Odimayo at RB and Caddis in front.

I can’t even remember which keeper I picked, horses for courses on that front.

I also thought about beefing up centre-mid, but wouldn't want to blood a youngster into the current team for a derby game. I'd be concerned about the creativity in your centre three - that's why I suggested Odimayo had the ball-playing skill to move forward and also provides better cover for 2 CBs than Grant, who's not really doing a job either way right now.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 20, 2020, 09:54:09 »

Going to be tough against Tisdale.

Yep, his wearing of a natty cravat, or silk scarf, will mean they'll be 1-0 up even before the game starts. Be warned.  Hmmm

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/exeter-manager-explains-how-hes-feeling-the-bs-in-his-unique-touchline-attire-58362
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 20, 2020, 09:58:27 »

It is obvious that Grant and Matt Smith cannot work as a 2 in midfield, Smith for all his great running and passing leaves Grant exposed, he can afford to do that if there is another central midfielder alongside Grant, which could be why it worked with Haines alongside him at FGR.

Odimayo could be a good shout and keep Baudry and Grounds together despite both their individual limitations, that way you can play Caddis and Hunt/Donohue too. Much as I would like Broadbent to play against his former club there must be doubts about his fitness stopping him starting.

Payne is very creative but if he is not given the ball then he can't create anything, I would play him wide left with Jonny Smith wide right and probably Hope up front.

I have a feeling that Kovar will play as Shez hasn't seen him perform "in the flesh" yet since becoming manager.

I would like to see this line up tomorrow

Kovar
Caddis  Baudry  Grounds  Hunt(Donohue if fit)
        Grant       Odimayo
J Smith      M Smith       Payne
               Hope

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 20, 2020, 10:03:35 »

Why would a young CB be a better option than a young CM (Haines) in CM? Not sure I get that.

I'm desperate for us to go to either 343 or a more solid 433 with two holders. Either should give us more solidity. I'd be fine with Haines alongside Grant and Matt Smith ahead of them. Give it a go and then it's a straight swap when Lyden is fit.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 20, 2020, 10:06:30 »

I also thought about beefing up centre-mid, but wouldn't want to blood a youngster into the current team for a derby game. I'd be concerned about the creativity in your centre three - that's why I suggested Odimayo had the ball-playing skill to move forward and also provides better cover for 2 CBs than Grant, who's not really doing a job either way right now.

I’d have no issue blooding a youngster in a derby game. If anything his sheer enthusiasm to impress would get him through. He’s in a middle three so could play a simple, basic game and let’s be honest - he can’t do any worse.

I put Odimayo at RB to have Caddis at RW. Just adds an extra layer defensively. Now a days wide players are usually used to being part of a front three and think their tracking back and defensive contributions are seriously lacking.

Also means we could / can go to back 5 if we are seriously under pressure.

I’d have probably dropped Grant if we had anyone else.
I’ll happily sacrifice creativity for solidness. Then if it’s 0-0 with 20 to go, think about changing it up.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 20, 2020, 10:08:33 by DV Canio » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: