J Smith - 2 (5.1%)
Pitman - 1 (2.6%)
Hope - 1 (2.6%)
Baudry - 1 (2.6%)
Stevens - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Accrington S MoM  (Read 4736 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 10:58:19 »

If you could put Kovar's feet onto Fryer's legs I think we'd have a keeper.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 11:03:29 »

Genuine question, is Archie Matthews any good?

Is it too soon to blood him in a game? with that defence in front of him it may not be a great time to but if hes good enough.

Accrington had a 19 year old in goal (the same age as Matthews) and although he punched a few he looked pretty solid and kept out the more experienced Baxter.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 11:14:33 »

Is it too soon to blood him in a game? with that defence in front of him it may not be a great time to but if hes good enough.

Accrington had a 19 year old in goal (the same age as Matthews) and although he punched a few he looked pretty solid and kept out the more experienced Baxter.
Accrington have a solid defence though.... I don't think Matthews is anywhere near ready and with the current defensive issues we'd probably destroy him.

I don't see how we can play Fryer again, our players won't want to pass the ball back to him which will cause indecision and even more defensive mistakes, the opposition will be all over him. So we are stuck with Kovar or a free agent until January IMO.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 11:33:12 »

Perhaps he should shout fore whenever he goes to kick.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:03:32 »

Fryer has shown more quality in three games than Kovar has in ten. He's made some great stops, including the one-on-one last night, where Kovar usually looks frail in coming for balls and under challenges. He made a mistake last night which shook the whole team, but last week everyone was calling for his inclusion after his FGR performance. Now people are calling for Matthews - you can't run a team like that.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:06:43 »

Fryer has shown more quality in three games than Kovar has in ten. He's made some great stops, including the one-on-one last night, where Kovar usually looks frail in coming for balls and under challenges. He made a mistake last night which shook the whole team, but last week everyone was calling for his inclusion after his FGR performance. Now people are calling for Matthews - you can't run a team like that.
He can't kick, it's an absolute fundamental skill he can't execute and isn't going to suddenly improve. Defenders were putting balls out for corners last night as they didn't want the ball going to Fryer anywhere near the goal, a couple of them even started having ago at him. You can't play a keeper that you can't play pass backs to as its a key method for a team to clear its lines!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:12:13 »

He can't kick, it's an absolute fundamental skill he can't execute and isn't going to suddenly improve. Defenders were putting balls out for corners last night as they didn't want the ball going to Fryer anywhere near the goal, a couple of them even started having ago at him. You can't play a keeper that you can't play pass backs to as its a key method for a team to clear its lines!

You're making a career judgment based on one game when the team lost their confidence almost as badly as the fans - no-one mentioned his kicking in the FGR game.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:15:54 »

You're making a career judgment based on one game when the team lost their confidence almost as badly as the fans - no-one mentioned his kicking in the FGR game.
I mentioned it multiples time on Saturday as well, a game in which he was also poor. Both our keepers are beyond poor but being unable to cleanly kick a moving ball is unacceptable at any level for a professional footballer.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:16:27 »

But their keeper made exactly the same mistake as Fryer did for their second - Pitman got his head to the ball where their keeper should have cleaned up. Difference being they scored and Pitman’s was cleared off the line - albeit being given offside.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:18:21 »

If you are third choice to Kovar and Fryer then you are probably not a league one standard goalkeeper. Hellenic division one maybe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 19:47:27 »

Accrington have a solid defence though.... I don't think Matthews is anywhere near ready and with the current defensive issues we'd probably destroy him.

I don't see how we can play Fryer again, our players won't want to pass the ball back to him which will cause indecision and even more defensive mistakes, the opposition will be all over him. So we are stuck with Kovar or a free agent until January IMO.
Do we not have training sessions? Can we not put him in a ploughed field then keep kicking the ball to him so he learns to watch, trap and kick perhaps?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 20:23:16 »

I thought Nicky Hammond was poor but would probably be better than we currently have😁

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 20:24:09 »

I seem to recall that Nicky Hammond couldn't kick either

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 20:25:00 »

He was poor at kicking and also seemed a little short

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 20:43:03 »

nor could Fraser Fraser Digby to be honest.

But he kind of made up for it(!), plus the backpass rule wasn't a thing early doors
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: