Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Accrington  (Read 22415 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 10:48:55 »

Accy seem to be a very well set up club with a decent manager punching quite a bit above their weight, good luck to them.
They also have used the loan system far better than we have this season with 5 of their 6 loanees playing in every match pretty much. For me only Jonny Smith and Matt Smith have shown to be good enough to play every game from our 5 loanees.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 10:58:57 »

They also have used the loan system far better than we have this season with 5 of their 6 loanees playing in every match pretty much. For me only Jonny Smith and Matt Smith have shown to be good enough to play every game from our 5 loanees.

Stevens started really well but appears to have turned absolutely shite. I agree with you PV, J.Smith and M Smith are head and shoulders above the rest based on what we have seen so far.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 10:59:54 »

This.

There has been almost without exception (FGR away the only 1 that wasn't) at least 1 to 3 individual mistakes per match in the league.

Every defender and goalkeeper we have played have made absolute howlers, Grounds, Baudry, Kovar, Fryer, Caddis, Odimayo, Donohue and Hunt. In L2 those errors were still happening to the defenders but were rarely punished. In L1 almost every howler is being punished and a goal resulting from them.

I haven't looked back at stats but I would say that both Kovar and Fryer single handedly have cost us the most goals/points.

If you don't have a solid keeper you don't have a solid defence, and yes visa versa but if your keepers consistantly make mistakes then no defence in the world can stop that.

Goalkeeper is the one position on the pitch that almost entirely every error is punished with a goal, defenders can get saved by their other defenders and keeper if they fuck up.

I was discussing this on Whatsapp with the lads...its pretty well every game we are handing teams at a goal...howlers like last night or basics like the goal we gave Sunderland.

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 11:11:00 »

Stevens started really well but appears to have turned absolutely shite. I agree with you PV, J.Smith and M Smith are head and shoulders above the rest based on what we have seen so far.
Stevens has pace and can dribble but his final ball is woeful, he came on in the middle last night to start with and it was very evident he is no central midfielder either.

Great athlete poor footballer.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 11:14:36 »

Stevens has pace and can dribble but his final ball is woeful, he came on in the middle last night to start with and it was very evident he is no central midfielder either.

Great athlete poor footballer.

I did wonder why he was playing central midfield! One of his first efforts was to try one of those pirouette moves which didn't come off and started an Accy counter attack.

Its still early in Sheridan's reign so it will be interesting to see what he plans to do to make us harder to beat. A few 0-0s and scrappy 1-0 wins would be ideal to break this malaise.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
REDBUCK

« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 11:30:35 »

I'm pretty sure Stevens or Leeds don't see him as a CM either bit harsh on a young loanee when asked to play out of position.

Poor footballer is a very harsh comment, he's obviously got lots to learn at pro level.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 11:48:35 »

I'm pretty sure Stevens or Leeds don't see him as a CM either bit harsh on a young loanee when asked to play out of position.

Poor footballer is a very harsh comment, he's obviously got lots to learn at pro level.
He came to us with Leeds saying he can play centre midfield or right wing, he played centre midfield for FGR.

And from what I have seen he can't pass, cross or shoot but he can dribble and run.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:19:29 »

Accy seem to be a very well set up club with a decent manager punching quite a bit above their weight, good luck to them.

Lovely club and have met the owner and met one of their Directors on holiday.
Had a few beers with them both when they were crowned champions.
That season they won it with an annual budget of £950k per annum, incredible but they also confirmed that they were extremely lucky on the injury front.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:23:01 »

Definitely this. Still think the Stevens loan was a waste and should have just stuck with Jonny Smith.
Matt Smith the best and to think Wellens nearly turned that one down.
Kovar a disappointment, Tyler Smith not seen as much as we would have liked.
Grounds and Fryers have been cheap disappointments.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:24:29 »

I was discussing this on Whatsapp with the lads...its pretty well every game we are handing teams at a goal...howlers like last night or basics like the goal we gave Sunderland.

Every game Mate, early on as well and not learning from it makes us all think they are simply not good enough.
REDBUCK

« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:28:23 »

He came to us with Leeds saying he can play centre midfield or right wing, he played centre midfield for FGR.

And from what I have seen he can't pass, cross or shoot but he can dribble and run.

Well if that's the case, Leeds must be pulling a fast one better get on to Shez to send him back.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 12:58:14 »

And from what I have seen he can't pass, cross or shoot.

He'll go a long way

Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 13:22:01 »

I’d go 352 with

Kovar
Baudry Broadbent Grant A
J Smith Payne M Smith Odimayo Caddis
Hope Grant J

Thats not a bad shout to be fair, and the only issue I see is pace on the left which could be open to the counter, and I would still worry for pace in the flat 3, if Caddis and Smith swap that could work with Payne backing up Caddis. Tyler would be a more mobile fit when he returns up top but 352 is not a formation I particulary like to be honest as it relies on really fit wing backs shuttling all game.

From a personal view I would go with a 4321 as I think it would suit this team and structure

Kovar
Caddis  Odimayo Broadbent Hunt
J Smith  M Smith Hope
Payne J Grant
Tyler or Pitman

A thought anyway.....

I did not think the formation yesterday worked at all as Payne was missed with the 5 overrunning midfield by Accy and then a formation change which moved Jonny from right wing were he did at least create some of the chances with runs, to left back and nulified, as he did not want to expose back 3 to their pace. Look, he is not having any luck in front of goal at all at the moment and his confidence is a bit torn to shreds but he will come good like a lot of the team will. I think at Oldham last year 6 of the shots that flew over the bar in the last 2-3 matches then 5 of them flew in last year as what you see on You Tube.

The match on Saturday is not only really important for Swindon but its against the gas, so i am hoping he plays in that one as its going to turn shortly for him and the team, so hoping its Saturday otherwise it will be a bench seat and hoping Sheridan does not go for a 352.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 13:24:35 »

Thats not a bad shout to be fair, and the only issue I see is pace on the left which could be open to the counter, and I would still worry for pace in the flat 3, if Caddis and Smith swap that could work with Payne backing up Caddis. Tyler would be a more mobile fit when he returns up top but 352 is not a formation I particulary like to be honest as it relies on really fit wing backs shuttling all game.

From a personal view I would go with a 4321 as I think it would suit this team and structure

Kovar
Caddis  Odimayo Broadbent Hunt
J Smith  M Smith Hope
Payne J Grant
Tyler or Pitman

That team contains one central midfielder, would be beyond suicidal..........
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 13:27:11 »

Kovar

Odimayo
Baudry
Broadbent
Hunt

Caddis
Grant
Smith
Haines
Smith

Hope

Go 4-5-1 and go back to basics. Try and be solid and kick it the fuck away as far and as quickly as possible.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: