Payne - 0 (0%)
J Grant - 19 (29.7%)
J Smith - 5 (7.8%)
Hope - 22 (34.4%)
Pitman - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury T vs STFC MoM  (Read 4358 times)
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 19:09:35 »

Has to be Hope for me.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 21:54:24 »

Good to see Hope get some credit after it was thought that he should be jettisoned earlier this season

I would say, after his then manager signing him, for whatever reason the NC didn't seem to have any faith in hope. Not even appearing to give any charity towards the player via a chance of starting. There's always been an element of love held in reserve here for Hallam.

Good squad player, deserves to be utilised.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 23:49:21 »

Surprised there are so many votes for Hope. Thought he tried hard, but was pretty ineffective up top on his own. He tried hard, but was better out wide.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 08:42:49 »

The first past the post voting system makes this a tricky one.

Joel Grant for me. Possibly his best game for us so far.
One poor pass that caused problems but took his goal well and in the main looked sharp and tried to be positive when in possession.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 09:24:20 »

Surprised there are so many votes for Hope. Thought he tried hard, but was pretty ineffective up top on his own. He tried hard, but was better out wide.

Not sure quite how you can say he was ‘ineffective’! He scored a great goal and also provided the assist and therefore had a huge hand in getting us a point.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 14:47:59 »

Not sure quite how you can say he was ‘ineffective’! He scored a great goal and also provided the assist and therefore had a huge hand in getting us a point.
He did both of those things when he was moved out onto the left. To me he always looks better when he is out left rather than when he plays in the middle. He tried hard when he was centre forward, but played better (and had success) when he was wide left.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 16, 2020, 10:10:20 »

Hope, Joel G and Matt S the only possible MOMs.  Saw signs of Anthony Grant becoming more influential (as a pairing with Matt S) whilst Caddis' constant grafting also made a contribution beyond his 2 assists (which, tbf, left Joel G and Hope with it all to do).  Even Hunt, whom I'd written off as ineffectual at half time, put in a great 2nd half shift.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 16, 2020, 10:19:10 »

Hope, Joel G and Matt S the only possible MOMs.  Saw signs of Anthony Grant becoming more influential (as a pairing with Matt S) whilst Caddis' constant grafting also made a contribution beyond his 2 assists (which, tbf, left Joel G and Hope with it all to do).  Even Hunt, whom I'd written off as ineffectual at half time, put in a great 2nd half shift.
Spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 16, 2020, 10:34:36 »

Closest race yet for the coveted TEF MoM title, and the second-highest number of voters after the Hull game, curiously. The Sheridan bounce?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 16, 2020, 10:45:40 »

Closest race yet for the coveted TEF MoM title, and the second-highest number of voters after the Hull game, curiously. The Sheridan bounce?
I don't know if its that or the absolute relief of such a late goal its like shaking a bottle of champagne and letting the cork out.

Getting something from a match we were 2-0 down and 3-1 down has a real positive effect on fans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 16, 2020, 10:49:37 »

He did both of those things when he was moved out onto the left. To me he always looks better when he is out left rather than when he plays in the middle. He tried hard when he was centre forward, but played better (and had success) when he was wide left.

A fair enough statement. But I guess his MOM votes are for his performance over the whole game including switching wide left when he came more into the game and had vital input on our comeback.

The thing you get with Hope over Pitman is non-stop work rate and his performances on the left of a 3 are encouraging.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 16, 2020, 14:25:14 »

Closest race yet for the coveted TEF MoM title, and the second-highest number of voters after the Hull game, curiously. The Sheridan temporary Noel Hunt bounce?

Fixed. Going by Sheridan's post-match presser. We can attribute that match to Hunt.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 16, 2020, 15:25:49 »

Could someone put the link to BBC Wilts TofTT please. For some reason, I can't get into it here in Bath.  Cheers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 16, 2020, 15:44:19 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08yhhvr
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, November 16, 2020, 19:09:04 »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: