Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 21567 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #420 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 13:30:51 »

Not if your Kovar it appears from the views laterly expressed on here.

Fryer getting more leeway for similar errors even though he has more of a senior career.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 13:51:39 »

Disappointing hearing that Baxter was MotM yesterday for Accrington and has kept 3 clean sheets from his first 8 games for Accrington.

Such a shame we didn't do everything we could to sign him on loan, I can't truly imagine Accrington will be contributing more to his Chelsea wages than we were offering.

And we get to see him in the flesh on Tuesday. It will be interesting to see what kind of keeper he is.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 14:00:17 »

Accrington either win or lose so expect goals in the game so one of the two goalies may end up with a bad back😁

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 14:25:39 »

Not if your Kovar it appears from the views laterly expressed on here.

Fryer getting more leeway for similar errors even though he has more of a senior career.

Getting really bored with this. I feel as if several of you are just picking holes in what I and others are saying and insinuating that we are picking on certain players (whether they have done anything wrong or not). Try offering a counter argument rather than snide comments.

Fryer's performance yesterday was very different in the first and second halves. I think he was affected by the wind a little, which made him less decisive with coming out for the ball in the first half. In the second he looked a lot more confident and came off his line a couple of times to snuff out trouble. He kept everything else simple. Also, the defence didn't put him under pressure to play as a sweeper in the second half.

As has been said, he had little chance with the 3 goals. I would suggest that Grant not winning balls in the area and not tracking back might be more at fault.

Fryer is no where near as good as Kovar with the ball at his feet. But his positioning and decision making appear to be better. I think he made more saves against FGR than I've seen Kovar make all season.

Bottom line is that Kovar is not ready for L1 yet. I don't think that Fryer is either, but he's a little ahead of Kovar. Archie Matthews is behind both of them. McCormick was head and shoulders above all 3 and Benda was better than McCormick.

I don't know why McCormick left, maybe it was money or maybe he had a falling out. Maybe Plymouth offered him something more than us.

Baxter, in pre-season, looked near to Benda and McCormick's level. He was good with his feet, his positioning looked good and he made the odd save. He looked solid. But, we didn't get to see too much of him, so difficult to tell.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #424 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 14:30:29 »

Getting really bored with this. I feel as if several of you are just picking holes in what I and others are saying and insinuating that we are picking on certain players (whether they have done anything wrong or not). Try offering a counter argument rather than snide comments.

Fryer's performance yesterday was very different in the first and second halves. I think he was affected by the wind a little, which made him less decisive with coming out for the ball in the first half. In the second he looked a lot more confident and came off his line a couple of times to snuff out trouble. He kept everything else simple. Also, the defence didn't put him under pressure to play as a sweeper in the second half.

As has been said, he had little chance with the 3 goals. I would suggest that Grant not winning balls in the area and not tracking back might be more at fault.

Fryer is no where near as good as Kovar with the ball at his feet. But his positioning and decision making appear to be better. I think he made more saves against FGR than I've seen Kovar make all season.

Bottom line is that Kovar is not ready for L1 yet. I don't think that Fryer is either, but he's a little ahead of Kovar. Archie Matthews is behind both of them. McCormick was head and shoulders above all 3 and Benda was better than McCormick.

I don't know why McCormick left, maybe it was money or maybe he had a falling out. Maybe Plymouth offered him something more than us.

Baxter, in pre-season, looked near to Benda and McCormick's level. He was good with his feet, his positioning looked good and he made the odd save. He looked solid. But, we didn't get to see too much of him, so difficult to tell.
I agree.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 14:30:55 »

Maybe fryers is only a league 2 player as at 24 he's only really played for Stevenage and a few games for Hartlepool and never had clubs queuing up for him

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #426 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 14:51:39 »

Maybe fryers is only a league 2 player as at 24 he's only really played for Stevenage and a few games for Hartlepool and never had clubs queuing up for him
Fryer probably is a league 2 keeper, its just that currently I feel he is the better of 2 very average options.

I am pretty sure there weren't a raft of clubs after Kovar either, most would have scouted him fully before signing him on loan rather than signing him just because he played for Man Utd, same applied to Tyler Reid.

As NMH says..

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 14:55:41 »

Fryer probably is a league 2 keeper, its just that currently I feel he is the better of 2 very average options.

I am pretty sure there weren't a raft of clubs after Kovar either, most would have scouted him fully before signing him on loan rather than signing him just because he played for Man Utd, same applied to Tyler Reid.

As NMH says..

Where would you have placed will Henry against those two

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 15:17:32 »

Sorry but that first goal Fryer was at fault, not coming for a ball that is about 2 yards away from the goal when their player heads it is poor keeping. For the second he didn’t even try coming for the original corner which again was in the 6 yard box, we managed to half clear it that time time and they scored from the next phase. The guy is 6ft’4, he should be making his presence known from every cross, even if he doesn’t always claim he would at least disrupt the attackers.
I don’t remember seeing him before his leg break so don’t know how mobile he was before but he certainly doesn’t move freely and looks slow and cumbersome, and his kicking is a big issue as he doesn’t seem comfortable even with simple pass backs.
From evidence on show we are going to be chopping and changing keepers all season unless we get someone in in January as neither look remotely competent at this level. That said Fryer’s contract expires in Jan so not even a certainty we’ll extend it...

As for McCormick he’s pretty much retired now, his shoulder is permanently fucked so he wouldn’t have been able to play if he was here.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #429 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 16:16:54 »

It seems to me that the people who have been desperately keen to defend Kovar (not a bad thing) seem less keen to give Fryers a chance.

1st goal was an obstruction yesterday but he should of been stronger but in no way was it Kovar levels of mistakes. I am at a loss to see how the 2nd is anyway his fault at all

It seems we have people desperate to slate either one. There were plenty of players much more responsible yesterday than the keeper
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 16:19:43 »

It seems to me that the people who have been desperately keen to defend Kovar (not a bad thing) seem less keen to give Fryers a chance.

1st goal was an obstruction yesterday but he should of been stronger but in no way was it Kovar levels of mistakes. I am at a loss to see how the 2nd is anyway his fault at all

It seems we have people desperate to slate either one. There were plenty of players much more responsible yesterday than the keeper

And the third was nothing he could do about

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 16:26:28 »

Works both ways, as others have said if Kovar had dealt with crosses and kicking was as bad as Fryer’s yesterday then he’d be getting pelted right now. The obstruction argument is a cop out, he’s pretty much the biggest player on the pitch yet didn’t come for a single cross in the first half. Both keepers clearly have significant deficiencies and don’t seem up to it on evidence shown to date.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 16:27:19 »

Works both ways, as others have said if Kovar had dealt with crosses and kicking was as bad as Fryer’s yesterday then he’d be getting pelted right now. The obstruction argument is a cop out, he’s pretty much the biggest player on the pitch yet didn’t come for a single cross in the first half. Both keepers clearly have significant deficiencies!

Can't disagree with any of that

So, give no fucks
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 17:05:29 »

Ahh, I’m not sure. He couldn’t do anything about the second or third, but he was stuck to his line for corners throughout - this resulted in the first goal of course, but the same happened throughout the game. His distribution was very poor also

It’s only one game, so not writing him off - but I think it is true to say that he performed little better than kovar yesterday

Things get better but they never get good
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 17:09:35 »

For all the talk about goalkeepers, it's the blokes in front of him that concern me more.

Baudry at fault for 3-4 goals in as many games
Grounds at fault for 3 goals across Pymouth and Darlo
Odibayo at fault for at least 2, if not all 3 goals yesterday, plus the disallowed goal that probably should have stood

You could Gordon Banks in goal and be struggling when such basic individual errors from centre halves serve up chances on a plate
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: