Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Infusing Gin/Vodka  (Read 864 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 13:37:24 »

Seeing as retail shops are likely to be closed here to the 21st, I’ve decided to hand out booze as Xmas pressies.

Has anyone ever tried infusing either gin or vodka? I’ve just bought a bottle of Lidl’s finest gin and some pears and fancy giving it a go.
Panda Paws

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 13:51:52 »

My father law does loads of this. Got a spiced bramble one on the go at the moment and he made a great strawberry one in the summer. Perfect in a martini.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 14:11:39 »

My missus does loads of different gins, we have Sloe, Quince on the go at the moment and she is plotting Bramble and Blackberry. We've got loads knocking about from last year so she has bought some small bottles from Amazon (I think) so that's being distributed amongst neighbours for Christmas, especially as they tend to own the trees from which the fruit is gathered.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 14:15:07 »

Is it a pound of sugar, a pound of fruit and a litre of spirits?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 14:20:12 »

I've done infused gin, it's incredibly easy. Strong (spices, tea) flavours can be imparted with fairly short infusion times - I did a camomile one which was just one strainer of tea leaves for half an hour and coloured it pretty strongly. I didn't add sugar or anything like that as the tonic would tend to do it.

Fruity ones I think people tend to just leave in the bottle, should taste fairly strongly after a few days I'd have thought but not done those myself.

I don't actually drink the stuff so it may have been awful, but it all went.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 15:11:54 »

Going to have a go at spiced Cider with my home brew.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: