Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Haines  (Read 2211 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 18:38:49 »

I meant to comment on his performance on Tuesday against FGR. I thought he played pretty well in the middle of the park. It was only towards the end, where fitness played a part, that we started to get overrun in midfield.

It would be good if we could get ourselves into positions in games where he could be gradually introduced as replacement for Grant or Smith. Because, at the end of the day, Smith is going to return to Arsenal and Grant is coming towards the end of his career.

Haines is not as good as either, but could become a dependable deputy to Grant.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 20:37:38 »

That's a good shout NMH. Will only improve him and increase his value to us as a player
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 21:13:22 »

I meant to comment on his performance on Tuesday against FGR. I thought he played pretty well in the middle of the park. It was only towards the end, where fitness played a part, that we started to get overrun in midfield.

It would be good if we could get ourselves into positions in games where he could be gradually introduced as replacement for Grant or Smith. Because, at the end of the day, Smith is going to return to Arsenal and Grant is coming towards the end of his career.

Haines is not as good as either, but could become a dependable deputy to Grant.
Realistically though he won’t be near the squad when Lyden is fit though as Lyden will be the spare CM.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 22:03:27 »

Would like to see him play with Lyden when fit, or even smith now to be honest as he can’t offer or do any worse than what Grant has done this season. Grant has been absolutely dreadful this season. No presence, not winning 50/50s, looks like this level is a step far in my opinion.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 22:20:24 »

Would like to see him play with Lyden when fit, or even smith now to be honest as he can’t offer or do any worse than what Grant has done this season. Grant has been absolutely dreadful this season. No presence, not winning 50/50s, looks like this level is a step far in my opinion.

Age has probably caught up with him thats why he is struggling this season

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 14:31:16 »

We’re in a relegation scrap, dropping an experienced centre mid to play a young kid whose never played above National league south level would be suicide. Grant isn’t as good as last season no but his experience is invaluable especially playing alongside Smith.
One game in a half arsed cup competition against an under strength mid-table league 2 team isn’t enough to show he’s anywhere near ready yet and we can’t afford to take a punt at the minute with such a precarious league position.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 14:35:41 »

We’re in a relegation scrap, dropping an experienced centre mid to play a young kid whose never played above National league south level would be suicide. Grant isn’t as good as last season no but his experience is invaluable especially playing alongside Smith.
One game in a half arsed cup competition against an under strength mid-table league 2 team isn’t enough to show he’s anywhere near ready yet and we can’t afford to take a punt at the minute with such a precarious league position.
The point I made was that it would be good if we could get into positions in games that we could bring him on as sub to blood him. Say for example if we were leading 3-0 with 15-20 mins to go. Little risk in giving him a cameo to build his confidence.

I don't think an untried kid is a saviour and should start instead of any of our midfield - But, if you read back, you'll see I never said that!

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 14:42:35 »

The point I made was that it would be good if we could get into positions in games that we could bring him on as sub to blood him. Say for example if we were leading 3-0 with 15-20 mins to go. Little risk in giving him a cameo to build his confidence.

I don't think an untried kid is a saviour and should start instead of any of our midfield - But, if you read back, you'll see I never said that!

On the face of it, that's not a particularly outlandish suggestion.  Why not give others a run out if you can?

That said, I am not sure whether there will be many instances where STFC are holding a comfortable lead in the latter stages of a match.

Nothing to see here
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 14:44:49 »

No but the guy I was replying to was saying he should be starting ahead of both Grand and M Smith which is beyond nuts. Yes it would be good to give him game time but our position doesn’t allow that currently and like I say when Lyden is fit Haines won’t be in the squad. He needs to wait until we are either short due to injuries or if we have a couple of dead rubbers at the end of the season.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 14:50:47 »

No but the guy I was replying to was saying he should be starting ahead of both Grand and M Smith which is beyond nuts. Yes it would be good to give him game time but our position doesn’t allow that currently and like I say when Lyden is fit Haines won’t be in the squad. He needs to wait until we are either short due to injuries or if we have a couple of dead rubbers at the end of the season.
Fair enough. I suspect that injuries will mean he's there or there abouts for a while. Hopefully, we can develop him so we have another option idc.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 14:56:30 »

Fair enough. I suspect that injuries will mean he's there or there abouts for a while. Hopefully, we can develop him so we have another option idc.
Maybe but if we get Lyden, DJ, Fryers, Iandolo, Donohue, T Smith and even Conroy back suddenly there’s no room on the bench. We only need the injury situation to improve slightly for the rest of the season and suddenly we’ll be leaving first team players out of the squad yet alone young pro’s.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: