Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FGR v Swindon matchday thread  (Read 13632 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 10:03:55 »

Odimayo is a big unit with a fair amount of pace, hes not great in the air but reads the game well, his passing is 75% excellent but he often makes silly passes that put players in trouble, that will come with age and experience, I feel he has the potential to play anywhere accross the back and middle of the park and could well be utilised in other positions.

On the ball he reminds me of Conroy, utility defender who can play central defensive midfield too.

He is improving with every game sometimes though he still needs to play the simple pass rather than launching a 40 yard upfield pass, play the ball to Matt Smith and let him do that job.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 11:50:55 »

https://twitter.com/AcademySTFC/status/1326491127629934592?s=20
Peter Venkman

« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 11:52:00 »

I thought he did himself proud, he did everything that was needed and didn't look out of place among far more experienced players.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 11:58:16 »

I thought he did himself proud, he did everything that was needed and didn't look out of place among far more experienced players.

Isn't it great to see players that we develop playing in the first team. I have generally had high hopes of Scott Twine, and its great to see him shining in Lg2 at Newport.

Unfortunately our very best academy players generally get picked off by Premier league sides very early and we never get to see them blossom at STFC - thinking Bogle (aware Derby are not a prem side) and Ifil recently

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 11:59:41 »

Isn't it great to see players that we develop playing in the first team. I have generally had high hopes of Scott Twine, and its great to see him shining in Lg2 at Newport.

Unfortunately our very best academy players generally get picked off by Premier league sides very early and we never get to see them blossom at STFC - thinking Bogle (aware Derby are not a prem side) and Ifil recently

Let's hope Twine scores the goal which knocks out Salford in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #275 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 12:05:32 »

Yeah its so rare that in my time as a Town fan that any player has come through from the youth team and made a genuine impact on the first team.

We have lost as you state the likes of Walcott, Ifil and Bogle to teams further up the ladder but the last truly good youngster that came through the ranks was IMO Paul Rideout in 1982.

Yes we have had a few half decent ones but in the main they just make 50 to 100 appearances and disappear, before Rideout there was Stroud, Trollope, Moss etc but since the 80s they have been few and far between to say the least.

I have hopes for Twine still but he needs to find his best position as we have played him wide left, attacking midfield, striker, number 10 and he has never really fitted in. At Newport he is playing a free role behind the striker, an attacking midfielder style, similar to how Payne plays for us.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 12:43:31 »

Let's hope Twine scores the goal which knocks out Salford in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

And then stands there face to face squaring up with Wellens shushing him with his middle finger
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 13:20:23 »

And then stands there face to face squaring up with Wellens shushing him with his middle finger

Whilst Broadbent jumps out of the stands and kicks Wellens in the knackers!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 18:26:07 »

Yeah its so rare that in my time as a Town fan that any player has come through from the youth team and made a genuine impact on the first team.

We have lost as you state the likes of Walcott, Ifil and Bogle to teams further up the ladder but the last truly good youngster that came through the ranks was IMO Paul Rideout in 1982.

Yes we have had a few half decent ones but in the main they just make 50 to 100 appearances and disappear, before Rideout there was Stroud, Trollope, Moss etc but since the 80s they have been few and far between to say the least.

Fitzroy Simpson and Nicky Summerbee in the 90s both ended up moving to Man City in the PL and had good careers.

Most do seem to end up at Chippenham or Supermarine though.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #279 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 18:31:50 »

Fitzroy Simpson and Nicky Summerbee in the 90s both ended up moving to Man City in the PL and had good careers.

Most do seem to end up at Chippenham or Supermarine though.
Yeah true, we don't have a great track record as has been stated many time son here.

Haines looked to have a strong build and played the easy pass all game which TBH is all that is needed for a defensive midfielder, something Grant does so well, nothing too spectacular just tackle and complete passes to a teammate.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 06:39:56 »

See Jonny Smith picked up an injury Tuesday - groin.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:02:27 »

Sad

Just saw that. And one assumes Iandolo is out for a while too.
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 14:15:36 »

Where did it say that ?? He is fine ?? ... He did have tight thigh muscles but that was due to the amount of running he did in the match up and down the wing  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Full 90 mins at full pace, I think he got to 86 mins before he ran out of steam....  Eek
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 14:18:48 by Rapidflyer » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 14:18:14 »

From Hunt

‘The only downer for us is that Jonny Smith felt his groin go a little near the end, and Ellis hurt his knee early on.”
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 14:19:38 »

Cheesy, must be a Wellens carry over Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: