Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Injuries  (Read 13704 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:15:01 »

This says to me that his mind is not in the right place, not harping back to the other rumours about him but if hes not 100% in the right place mentally then he feels he can't give his all.

In the right frame of mind he should really be pushing for a starting place if only 75% fit and begging to play in games.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:17:42 »

This says to me that his mind is not in the right place, not harping back to the other rumours about him but if hes not 100% in the right place mentally then he feels he can't give his all.

Don't think there were rumours (I may have missed something), he was very open about the issues (and the fact that Wellens had been a bit of a wanker) on the podcast interview wasn't he?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:19:29 »

Don't think there were rumours (I may have missed something), he was very open about the issues (and the fact that Wellens had been a bit of a wanker) on the podcast interview wasn't he?
Rumours were rife that he was suffering with mental health issues
Panda Paws

« Reply #63 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:44:18 »

Rumours were rife that he was suffering with mental health issues

Not sure that's based on much. What is for sure is that his family has been through a tough time, with his missus being seriously unwell, so perhaps understandable if he's been struggling with focus, but again, all guesswork.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 11:50:37 »

Not sure that's based on much. What is for sure is that his family has been through a tough time, with his missus being seriously unwell, so perhaps understandable if he's been struggling with focus, but again, all guesswork.
Not confirming them buddy just replying to Horlock saying there weren't any
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 12:17:52 »

Not confirming them buddy just replying to Horlock saying there weren't any

The point I was making (poorly like normal I suspect) was that they weren't rumours, Broadbent came out and openly discussed what had happened.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #66 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 12:22:13 »

The point I was making (poorly like normal I suspect) was that they weren't rumours, Broadbent came out and openly discussed what had happened.
The rumours posted on here went to another level, talk of severe depression and PTSD mentioned, no idea who spread them and I also have zero idea if there is even a small element of the truth, I was just stating that rumours of a different type were rife, different ones to what he mentioned in the interview.

I did not start or spread the rumours just stating that they were there and still are on here I am sure.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 12:33:30 »

The rumours posted on here went to another level, talk of severe depression and PTSD mentioned, no idea who spread them and I also have zero idea if there is even a small element of the truth, I was just stating that rumours of a different type were rife, different ones to what he mentioned in the interview.

I did not start or spread the rumours just stating that they were there and still are on here I am sure.

Got ya!
REDBUCK

« Reply #68 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 12:38:52 »

What was that about harping back to previous rumours....

We've been round and round this rumour mill before. It goes nowhere and doesn't help anyone especially Broadbent.

He's not playing, injured or not, nobody is saying why for probably good reasons. He's not first choice so why the interest, i dont really get it.

All this from a one line coment in a press release.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 16:14:47 »

Would seem especially odd when you consider his background.

That's what makes me wonder if it's emotional stuff going on in his private life rather than the physical side

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 18:51:27 »

I first mentioned that it appeared he was/still is suffering with his mental health but I never defined PTSD (which then now seems to get attributed to myself as doing so on here via some kind of Mandela effect), just that I believed it was his mental health being impacted along any part of that spectrum.

For ref here's the Broadbent thread http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=57895.0

I wish him well whether that is at another club, here or away from elite sports altogether. He'll go down in Town folklore for "that" goal versus "them". Regardless of his decision; if indeed there is one to be made.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 21:05:07 »

What was that about harping back to previous rumours....

We've been round and round this rumour mill before. It goes nowhere and doesn't help anyone especially Broadbent.

He's not playing, injured or not, nobody is saying why for probably good reasons. He's not first choice so why the interest, i dont really get it.

All this from a one line coment in a press release.
The interest = Because I am a fan of Swindon Town
Why this player = Because there was an article in the newspaper

Is that allowed?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #72 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 21:50:38 »

I first mentioned that it appeared he was/still is suffering with his mental health but I never defined PTSD (which then now seems to get attributed to myself as doing so on here via some kind of Mandela effect), just that I believed it was his mental health being impacted along any part of that spectrum.

For ref here's the Broadbent thread http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=57895.0

I wish him well whether that is at another club, here or away from elite sports altogether. He'll go down in Town folklore for "that" goal versus "them". Regardless of his decision; if indeed there is one to be made.
Have i missed who attributed that to you?
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 22:05:45 »

I wouldn't read any more into it than an injury set back. He was injured pre-season, comes back with an EFL trophy game, cameo against Oxford then we chucked him up front for nearly the full 90 against Crewe.

A player is going to be vulnerable to a secondary injury or relapse after a long period out. Plenty of our players have done that this season so seems unfair to view Broadbent any different.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 22:36:20 »

Have i missed who attributed that to you?

It's quite possible you have. This account mentioned me as claiming it;

We’ve been here before, he previously diagnosed Tom Broadbent with PTSD simply because he had a few army tours under his belt

Like I say, a bit of Mandela effect going on. Of course this will be backed up with "I was being tongue in cheek" or similar.

Anyhow, the Broadbent thread is in the Lounge, where it should be (in terms of privacy). I'd rather not bring more attention to the player unless discussing it in the Lounge. Hope you understand. I just wanted to clarify before anyone jumped in and said "Bamboo said it..."

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: