Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Darlington matchday thread  (Read 23345 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 11:18:45 »

Quote from: DV Canio

Couldn’t we just invent an injury or something? Claim he had COVID? Or that he has to self isolate?

have you ever watched Escape To Victory?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 11:26:06 »

How long till Conroy is back?

Up and running now.
December could be a likely return and can’t come soon enough.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 11:26:49 »

have you ever watched Escape To Victory?

Are you suggesting we get in touch with Stallone?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 13:44:14 »

More effective than Pitman.
Bring him home.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #424 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 13:54:32 »

Better in goal than Kovar too.....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 16:36:02 »

Better in goal than Kovar too.....

Certainly moved his hands quicker in Rocky.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 17:00:24 »

What miffed me most of all about yesterday was the total predictability before the match and utter inevitability during it.

I know we weren’t the only failures but the regularity of our cup crapness makes you wonder if anyone ever learns from the fuck-ups of previous seasons.

Yesterday was the first and probably only time a defeat will get to me during this vomit stain of a season. It’s all about survival now.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, November 8, 2020, 17:06:22 »

What miffed me most of all about yesterday was the total predictability before the match and utter inevitability during it.

I know we weren’t the only failures but the regularity of our cup crapness makes you wonder if anyone ever learns from the fuck-ups of previous seasons.

Yesterday was the first and probably only time a defeat will get to me during this vomit stain of a season. It’s all about survival now.

No organisation, no desire, no confidence & no idea and in need of a strong manager tomget a grip

So, give no fucks
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 11:33:29 »

I couldnt bring myself to go on here over the weekend....despite the fact that a number of piss take posts would of cheered me up!

It seemed to be expected....watched the highlights last night and it made it worse...

Ive suddenly started to fall out of love with the game. I do hope that buzz comes back.

I know theres more going on and people alot worse off but not being able to go is hurting me at the moment.
Im missing the pub, the lads and the day out.....even if we are shit, you feel better having a rant in the boozer after....Saturday i just turned off the radio at the second goal...i knew we were done for..

Staying up and staying Solvent...thats my huge ask this year.....and getting back in TE.

This is shit...

Clems Army!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:40:29 »

I couldnt bring myself to go on here over the weekend....despite the fact that a number of piss take posts would of cheered me up!

It seemed to be expected....watched the highlights last night and it made it worse...

Ive suddenly started to fall out of love with the game. I do hope that buzz comes back.

I know theres more going on and people alot worse off but not being able to go is hurting me at the moment.
Im missing the pub, the lads and the day out.....even if we are shit, you feel better having a rant in the boozer after....Saturday i just turned off the radio at the second goal...i knew we were done for..

Staying up and staying Solvent...thats my huge ask this year.....and getting back in TE.

This is shit...

100% Mate with you all the way.
Been wounded all weekend.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:48:20 »

The Loathed Strangers review on the game was very good, I thought, both in terms of tactical analysis around the Payne substitution and generally on what happens next and the young lads being let down by the veteran players around them.

Not a fun listen obviously but think they did a good job of pulling out the themes.
Panda Paws

« Reply #431 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 12:50:56 »

The Loathed Strangers review on the game was very good, I thought, both in terms of tactical analysis around the Payne substitution and generally on what happens next and the young lads being let down by the veteran players around them.

Not a fun listen obviously but think they did a good job of pulling out the themes.

Thanks. It actually felt like more of a rant than anything else so I'm glad there was some actual content in there beyond that.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 13:00:47 »

.......I've suddenly started to fall out of love with the game. I do hope that buzz comes back.

I know there's more going on and people a lot worse off but not being able to go is hurting me at the moment.
I'm missing the pub, the lads and the day out.....even if we are shit, you feel better having a rant in the boozer after....Saturday i just turned off the radio at the second goal...i knew we were done for..

Staying up and staying Solvent...that's my huge ask this year.....and getting back in TE.

This is shit...

With you all the way. I bought the game and had a rant at the T.V. at times about our inabilities but also found myself being
disinterested quite often. This is also very true of the Premiership/European/International games that I can watch where I can take or leave, and in the main leave a majority of the time. This is possibly all down to the situation we are all in where the "new normal" is not normal at all and things are dire in so many areas that football really is of little consequence in the great scheme of things. Roll on a vaccine that works.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 13:34:13 »

Yep, I’d echo this - a really good listen.

I don’t think the chaps will be forming a Brett Pitman fan club any time soon  Wink
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Monday, November 9, 2020, 13:51:22 »

I hope he doesn't listen. He'd be a good guest...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: