Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Darlington matchday thread  (Read 23543 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 19:53:50 »

I am usually quite sanguine about these things but I am feeling a bit pissed off about where STFC are (and are heading) at the moment.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 19:56:07 »

I am usually quite sanguine about these things but I am feeling a bit pissed off about where STFC are (and are heading) at the moment.

same here that's why Power needs to do something positive quickly before the rut sets in

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 20:23:58 »

This is Swindon Town.
We have just been beaten yet again in the FA Cup by a Butcher, a Baker and a Candlestick maker.
You would have struggled to note who was the Professional team during that second half.
I am so pissed off it’s a shambles for so many reasons.
This club will kill me in the end.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 20:28:26 »

This is Swindon Town.
We have just been beaten yet again in the FA Cup by a Butcher, a Baker and a Candlestick maker.
You would have struggled to note who was the Professional team during that second half.
I am so pissed off it’s a shambles for so many reasons.
This club will kill me in the end.

Maybe that's the answer employ ballet dancers & gardeners on a part time basis as they couldn't do any worse

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 20:36:35 »

not when you are cost cutting

This is true, however, you pay peanuts, you get primates. As the saying goes.

I have said before, as have others, LP is not here for altruistic reasons. Try £$€ or another denomination of currency.

To see a return he needs £’s fucking barra loads for the training ground and to rescue anything from SN1. And mega £’s to develop SN1 with or without the trust. As it stands and again as others have suggested in the past LP in footballing terms does not have a pot to piss in. At one time he may have had a broken tea cup but not now. Just at a time when our club is in the ascendancy with potentially a highly thought of manager, along comes Covid and to push on to maximise the momentum he needs, ta da £’s.

Smoke and mirrors, a bit of cockney swagger and bants with anyone who cares to listen (media) are all well and good for publicity and getting people on your side but the constant mantra of balancing the books (which is understandable) and current ownership squabbles pretty much laid bare that the tea cup had a massive hole in it. Sadly for LP he is likely as not facing a perfect storm.

Where he goes from here only he knows, the walls seemingly are closing in from a number of directions and he will need to pull off a stunt that Harry Houdini would have been proud of. In that case I fucking pray that it does not relegate our club to the level of looking up to Supermarine as a Derby fixture.

Apologies for the amendments, every time I read it I spot an error.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 21:09:48 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 20:38:23 »

Let's all raise a glass to Colchester and Marine for at least preventing us from headlining the highlights show this evening
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 20:43:49 »

Let's all raise a glass to Colchester and Marine for at least preventing us from headlining the highlights show this evening
They had a Butcher a Baker a Candlestick maker and a plumber.
Fucking marvellous we are second from bottom on the shit list mate Smiley
We have to laugh, there is no other way out of this.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 20:56:19 by TheDukeOfBanbury » Logged
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 20:54:45 »

This is true, however, you pay peanuts, you get primates. As the saying goes.

I have said before, as have others, LP is not here for altruistic reasons. Try £$€ or another denomination of currency.

To see a return he needs £’s fucking barra loads for the training ground and to rescue anything from SN1. And mega £’s to develop SN1 with or without the trust. As it stands and again as others have suggested in the past LP in footballing terms does not have a pot to piss in. At one time he may have had a broken tea cup but not now. Just at a time when our club is in the ascendancy with potentially a highly thought of manager, along comes Covid and to push on to maximise the momentum he needs, ta da £’s.

Smoke and mirrors, a bit of cockney swagger and bants with anyone who cares to listen (media) are all well and good for publicity and getting people on your side but the constant mantra of balancing the books (which is understandable) and current ownership squabbles pretty much laid bare that the tea cup had a massive hole in it. Sadly for LP he is likely as not facing a perfect storm.

Where he goes from here only he knows, the walls seemingly are closing in from a number of directions and see I fly he will need to pull off a stunt that Harry Houdini would have been proud of. In that case I fucking pray that it does not relegate our club to the level of looking up to Supermarine as a Derby fixture.

Will keep saying it. Until we have new direction with club ownership nothing will change.
Year on year drastic rebuilds are high risk and without doubt this season we have got it wrong.
Matt and Jonny Smith look decent. We have made some poor signings.
How many injuries can a small squad endure.
The Court case could go a number of ways including a potential new owner that may have more funds than Power. Right now I would take a twist and gamble to see another change.
With Covid and what we are seeing right now it’s hitting me hard. Can only imagine what it would be like actually being at the games and  would still be going to every home and away game as I always do.
Small crumb of comfort I guess travelling 6 feet to turn off the TV instead of racking up thousands of miles every season.
Keep the Faith (sigh)
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 21:04:51 »

Technically, I understand that there is more than one claim but they may have been consolidated.  If the trial goes ahead this month, the parties may not get judgment for some time.

Nothing to see here
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 21:08:45 »

I drag my kids along to a number of home and away games per season but I fear that, as we are out of the habit of going to games, they will have lost interest in watching live football. Doesn't bode well for the future of lower league football.

Nothing to see here
come on you redssss

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 21:27:55 »

Looking on Twitter, it seems like something was said about Darlington pre-match about them not being the “toughest team” to beat. Hope it wasn’t from one of our players, otherwise it’s no wonder we’ve lost...
https://twitter.com/holnessomar/status/1325175073842475009?s=21
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 21:46:14 »

Fuck this wank season.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 21:55:15 »

Quote from: JBZ
I drag my kids along to a number of home and away games per season but I fear that, as we are out of the habit of going to games, they will have lost interest in watching live football. Doesn't bode well for the future of lower league football.

I think you raise a good point.

our little group all have kids now. none of them are interested in ifollow..

There is a chance they won't get back into it.

however I'm hoping the novelty of bring able to do it again will draw them back in.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 21:58:27 »

I think you raise a good point.

our little group all have kids now. none of them are interested in ifollow..

There is a chance they won't get back into it.

however I'm hoping the novelty of bring able to do it again will draw them back in.

I hope you are right.

Nothing to see here
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 22:02:40 »

In terms of the football and the basis that Swindon actually survive all this... I think what division we're in for the 2021-22 season will dictate how severe a year without football will hit attendances.

It's bad enough that we were denied L2 title celebrations but the notion of being back in that division by the time we can return to the CG en masse? Ugh and Sigh.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: