Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Darlington matchday thread  (Read 23545 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 18:32:52 »

Pitman reminds me of Tony Thorpe. Fucking useless.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 18:33:10 »

Absolutely, I wanted Hunt to be inspired today and stake a claim for the job, that didn't happen and taking off Payne was a huge mistake.

We need new ideas at the top ASAP, funds permitting.

There are no funds though are there.

Where are Lyden and Fryers, their injuries were only supposed to be a couple of weeks. Should we be concerned about people not appearing because of appearance fees etc, or should i not even suggest such a thing?

We have signed a few duds for sure, but that always happens. GK situation is a concern. Fryer out of contract Jan, hopefully we can get a better player in, though cost of not playing Kovar will still exist.

If we can get Caddis/Hunt, Conroy, Fryers, Donohue on the pitch then the defence is okay. Its a big if though.

Midfield has always been my concern, no idea why Palmer was allowed out, assume it was cost cutting, though that contradicts Powers account of Wellens turning down a forward on the last day. Get Lyden back and have the option of three in there and that's fine. Though there is no back up.

Struggling up top. Pitman has shown nothing. T Smith looks decent but we have to play a certain way. Need a hold up man desperately. T Smith supported by J Smith and DJ with the 3 man midfield and i think we are okay.

Payne is decent, but today his first touch was poor, and we cant play a 10 with out a better forward to hold up the ball. J Grant is okay as back up, average at best. I don't think J Stevens has got anything unfortunately, pace that he doesn't seem to know how to use.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 18:36:36 »

Hardly a Jamie Cureton 😁

So, give no fucks
tans

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 18:37:07 »

At least Cureton ran about and scored occasionally!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 18:38:24 »

At least Cureton ran about and scored occasionally!

Exactly

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #350 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 18:39:42 »

Pitman has already doubled Thorpes goals for town in the same number of games Wink

It took Cureton 14 games to register his first goal for Town!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 18:40:48 »

Pitman has already doubled Thorpes goals for town in the same number of games Wink

... and his weight
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 18:52:51 by Kinky Tom » Logged
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 18:52:13 »

Cheesy
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 18:56:14 »

There are no funds though are there.

Where are Lyden and Fryers, their injuries were only supposed to be a couple of weeks. Should we be concerned about people not appearing because of appearance fees etc, or should i not even suggest such a thing?

We have signed a few duds for sure, but that always happens. GK situation is a concern. Fryer out of contract Jan, hopefully we can get a better player in, though cost of not playing Kovar will still exist.

If we can get Caddis/Hunt, Conroy, Fryers, Donohue on the pitch then the defence is okay. Its a big if though.

Midfield has always been my concern, no idea why Palmer was allowed out, assume it was cost cutting, though that contradicts Powers account of Wellens turning down a forward on the last day. Get Lyden back and have the option of three in there and that's fine. Though there is no back up.

Struggling up top. Pitman has shown nothing. T Smith looks decent but we have to play a certain way. Need a hold up man desperately. T Smith supported by J Smith and DJ with the 3 man midfield and i think we are okay.

Payne is decent, but today his first touch was poor, and we cant play a 10 with out a better forward to hold up the ball. J Grant is okay as back up, average at best. I don't think J Stevens has got anything unfortunately, pace that he doesn't seem to know how to use.

Lyden appearances for us - 25
Fryers appearances for us - 30

Seems possible those numbers could form part of a contractual obligation to pay more seeing as both of them joined us with a dubious injury record.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 18:57:55 »

On an unrelated note those are the two players I’d most expect to be lured to Salford....
tans

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 18:59:41 »

Yes i could see Fryers going there, he only signed an extension due to Wellens didnt he?
Plus he lives up there i think
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #356 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 19:02:36 »

Yes i could see Fryers going there, he only signed an extension due to Wellens didnt he?
Plus he lives up there i think
Yes he does, and he is definately one player we will lose to Salford and probably Rob Hunt too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 19:02:49 »

Lyden appearances for us - 25
Fryers appearances for us - 30

Seems possible those numbers could form part of a contractual obligation to pay more seeing as both of them joined us with a dubious injury record.

Lyden hasnt even played a game since he signed his new contract so i cant see it to be honest
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 19:07:06 »

Presumably, the result today will impact on Hunt's tenure ?

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 19:14:45 »

Won't do much for his chances. His post match interview was lacklustre.

Did I imagine it, or did BBC wilts play a pre match interview in which it sounded like he wasn't rolling out a move to Salford

It sounded like him. missed the start
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: