Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Darlington matchday thread  (Read 23533 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:51:16 »

I take that back.

Some of then ARE playing well. We need a manager getting them playting as a team, and to cut out the mistakes

My worry about Hunt is he's a nice guy like Matty Taylor was but he wouldn't be strong enough and able to motivate the players when the going gets tough

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:51:41 »

We must be the worst team in FA Cup history. Seriously

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:51:48 »

Even Wellens said he hoped he hadn’t made a mistake signing him.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:52:31 »

But you can’t coach mistakes out of players. It’s every single game, different players, same result. Nobody is doing it on purpose - they’re, generally, not fit for purpose.

No you can't but good players don't keep making mistakes

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #304 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:53:05 »

But you can’t coach mistakes out of players.

Of course you can.

Grounds is experienced at a higher level. He didn't get to play so many games in the championship making mistakes week in week out. Something else is wrong. Psycology/training - I don't know, but a decent manager will.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:53:14 »

7 times in 13 years we have lost to non-league sides. Unforgivable

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:53:33 »

I guess I'll get an opportunity to see some of it on the box - Given non-league Darlington have delivered an upset away from home.

Sorry Noel, losing at home to non-league opposition is NOT acceptable. And from what I could hear, we were devoid of ideas. Commentators seemed to suggest that we desperately missed Jonny Smith. Bit worrying if a L1 side has only one player in the squad that could possibly cause a non-league side problems.

Two more mistakes from Grounds - Hmmmm. Looking forward to seeing what caused the mistakes.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:54:32 »

We must be the worst team in FA Cup history. Seriously
Confirmef on commentary. 6 exits by non league clubs since 2000. Worse than anyone else.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:55:15 »

Confirmef on commentary. 6 exits by non league clubs since 2000. Worse than anyone else.

Think it’s 7 now.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:57:01 »

Of course you can.

Grounds is experienced at a higher level. He didn't get to play so many games in the championship making mistakes week in week out. Something else is wrong. Psycology/training - I don't know, but a decent manager will.

Maybe young players but not in their 30's

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:57:28 »

And that's just the years we've *drawn* non-league teams - how many non-league teams have we actually drawn and then beaten in that time? I have a vague memory of maybe one?

(I'm looking it up on the usual places)

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:57:37 »

Think it’s 7 now.
Yay!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:57:41 »

That's just not true. They\re obviously not playing well, but we have signed some very decent players.
But are they are do they just stand out as being better than the plodders around them? J Smith aside others seem to flatter to deceive, M Smith will be a good player but he doesn’t seem have any discipline to his play and Grant is really struggling doing the leg work alongside him. Payne is consistently inconsistent, the recruitment seems to have been scattergun at best.
Kovar, Grounds, Pitman, Stevens etc just aren’t up to it and don’t even seem to match our style of play. Grounds clearly isn’t a ball playing centre back as is clear from the goals he’s cost us trying to do exactly that. I like Odimayo as raw with potential but even he shouldn’t be 1st choice at a league 1 club yet.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:58:16 »

What a pile of shit, any team could rock up, not even name a single forward in their 11 and be guaranteed to score a couple against us.

First time I've actually been angry this season, I've tried to not get too affected by it so far but after that I can't ignore it, to have made the mistakes is forgivable in some way but the manner of the defeat in general is not, shambolic.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 17:01:55 by Kinky Tom » Logged
normy

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 16:58:35 »

We have relied on fast skilful passing forwards up to now to get good results, but there's a crisis because T Smith, DJ, and J Smith were all out today, made worse when Payne our only other clever forward was hooked.  I was not surprised how badly we played, with a suspect defence as well.

ust be the oldest
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: