Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager Thread  (Read 226999 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:26:28 »

His month to month contract expires tomorrow
So technically we are not actually taking someone else's manager, as he will be unemployed. This changes everything.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:30:56 »

Does anyone know what shape he favours?

what as in is he a tits or arse man, no idea.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:34:03 »

Hexagons
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #873 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:38:31 »

If he's going 442, Hope and Pitman and a recall for Scott Twine as backup could be incoming
How long is Tyler Smith out? He would be great in a front 2
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #874 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:45:19 »

Yeah forgot about him
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:52:18 »

Did one over us in the JPT Final, which appeared to be the only time that squad was overconfident and decided not to turn up (New Wembley and Town team in not turning up shocker)
Hmmm.....that one and the 2 other most important games of that season.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:58:15 »

Shall we at least give the guy ten games and then produce a probationary report?
He's already been judged and written off as a shit, cheap option, by our Twitter Twats.

Why, oh, why doesn't the Club listen to them....? Roll Eyes
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 11:06:13 »

Plymouth friend just warned me to look out for hoofball. Would be a shame if we took a step back in that respect, but certainly this year our defenders need to get a bit smarter about fannying around on the edge of the area.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 11:08:11 »

Plymouth friend just warned me to look out for hoofball. Would be a shame if we took a step back in that respect, but certainly this year our defenders need to get a bit smarter about fannying around on the edge of the area.

I also understand that they could be direct at times.  I have a feeling that direct football and 'shithousery' will be necessary at some point during the season.

Nothing to see here
Panda Paws

« Reply #879 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 11:23:07 »

Back 3. Defend first. Get players back fit. Stay in existence. Stay in the League. Upgrade the manager in the summer when we have a budget again.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 11:33:10 »

Back 3. Defend first. Get players back fit. Stay in existence. Stay in the League. Upgrade the manager in the summer when we have a budget again.

Agreed. Fed up with seeing us concede shit goals. Has marks of a Luke Williams team in that we score some excellent goals, but concede awful goals. Tighten up the defence, pick up points and then make our way up the league.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 11:33:49 »

Could see us giving Noel Hunt some more hands-on experience as the season goes on, allowing Sheridan to see us through to the summer and then Hunt to take the gig (if he wants it)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 12:18:35 »

I honestly don't see how that can even be an option with the players we have. From what I've seen, Pitman is the only player who you could see being able to hold up the ball. Our strength going forward is all the ball playing midfielders we have. Lumping the ball over their heads would make no sense at all.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 12:21:48 »

This. Although not bothered whether he does it with back 3, 4 or whatever combination. No-one's there to watch it, watching on iFollow is shit anyway, the season's a write-off from a football point of view, all about protecting the business.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 12:29:59 »

I honestly don't see how that can even be an option with the players we have. From what I've seen, Pitman is the only player who you could see being able to hold up the ball. Our strength going forward is all the ball playing midfielders we have. Lumping the ball over their heads would make no sense at all.

Well not really. If you have a striker who can hold the ball up and has decent control you can in theory lump it up to him, for him to trap with his back to goal to play it back into the midfield.

There is (to me anyway) a difference between hoofball (aimless punts forward) and being direct.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: