Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Hull City matchday thread  (Read 20821 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 09:44:13 »

I can't see past a waterlogged pitch and flying debris at the moment Head Hurts

So, give no fucks
normy

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 09:48:39 »

One thing about expecting to lose, the disappointment on losing is less when it happens.

ust be the oldest
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #47 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 09:53:50 »

I can't see past a waterlogged pitch and flying debris at the moment Head Hurts
Same here in South Somerset, heavy flooding on many roads and awful wind blowing around anything thats not tied down, could be touch and go if its like this up in Swindon.

One thing about expecting to lose, the disappointment on losing is less when it happens.
I think thats my thinking too, preparing for the worst but hoping it doesn't end in that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 10:04:48 »

The weather is shite here in Swindon.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 10:09:06 »

It's supposed to get better by early afternoon

So, give no fucks
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 10:11:32 »

Looks quite settled from 2 onwards according to the beeb.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 10:12:47 »

No lassitude with supporting the team here.
If we can’t be sat cheek by jowl in the CG coughing and farting away to hearts content, then next best thing would be limited numbers in a 'secure' environment.
That’s not happening at the moment either so next best thing is watching online.
It’s better than nothing.

Low expectations for today, just be competitive and give them a good game.
Too early to predict a season of struggle just yet.

A good overall record against them over the years but different directions for both clubs since the last league meeting 15 years ago.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 10:14:37 »

If we can’t be sat cheek by jowl in the CG coughing and farting away to hearts content, then next best thing would be limited numbers in a 'secure' environment.
That’s not happening at the moment either so next best thing is watching online.
It’s better than nothing.

Low expectations for today, just be competitive and give them a good game.
Too early to predict a season of struggle just yet.

A good overall record against them over the years but different directions for both clubs since the last league meeting 15 years ago.

"If" we go into lockdown next week as predicted it seems pointless carrying on anyway

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 10:17:06 »

Time was when you coughed to cover up a fart. Now you fart to cover up a cough.

Anyway, no reason we can’t win this IF we stop the defensive howlers. No reason to think we actually will, so a defeat for me.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 10:50:11 »

Need to hold out until halftime and go in at 0-0.
Then turn on the wind tunnel which could hopefully unsettle the Tigers.

Lucky to fill the bench today.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #55 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 10:54:01 »

In 40 games vs 'Ull over the years the Town have won 17, drawing 15 and losing 7, scoring 49 and conceding 32.

In 20 games at the CG Town have won 12 games drawing 6 and losing just twice, scoring 33 and conceding 15. Town have won the last 3 on the trot scoring 10 goals and conceding 3, our last game against them back in 2004.

I remember a few of the games well, the 96 championship winning season under Muckmahom when they looked absolutely awful in a relegation season and we had probably 75% possession, we kept the ball for over 3 minutes at one point in the game while the crowd were gleefully shouting Olé with every touch. On loan Everton midfielder Tony Grant scored a fantastic 30 yard chip (5 mins into the video).

Hull currently sit in 2nd place winning 7 of their 9 league games scoring 15 and conceding 7 and losing just twice, one was a 4-1 thrashing at Fleetood and a 2-1 reverse home to Posh, a game apparently they should have easily won.

Despite their decent start their fans are less than enamoured with their manager Grant McCann, with many of their fans calling him very wittily(!) Grant McCant.

They have no players or staff with a Swindon connection and we have no players with a Hull connection.

A few comments from Hull fans on their forum.

At home to Swindon?
We'll ****ing muller them by a veritable hat full.
Nine nowt.
If we'd been away it'd be a different story mind.
The mullering would be on the other foot.
Nowt nine.

4-0 City

5-1 City

City 3 nowt

We'll smash the ****ers, but 'some' still won't be satisfied.

I must be 'some' then, cos I'll only be satisfied when we are back where we were before McCann took over

We should get the win here, their team is suffering absentees due to Corona Virus, so likely not to be fielding their best side. Having said that, if City going into the game thinking that, it could come back and bite you on the bum.

And the usual Swindon knocking, which is so ironic from "Hull" of all places! a city regularly voted the worst city in the UK to live in.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/hull-worst-place-to-live-2302333

Under normal circumstances I would have gone to this one but thanks to covid I can't, which is good because it's a bit of a dump.

It’s a ****ing **** hole of a redundant town, like a posh Grimsby.

Swindon “a place that destroys all hopes and dreams”
If you don’t believe me ask their very own Patty ...
https://swindonisshit-blog.tumblr.com/

Residents of Hull have similar opinions of their city. Though the Swindon one appears to have a better grasp of English.
https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/hull-officially-rubbish.html
I will be happy with a draw today under poor conditions and many injuries and Covid related absentees, I expect several of the youths will be called up to fill the bench today.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 10:56:37 »

I've been to Hull, I can confirm it's a dump.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 11:02:55 »

I've been to Hull, I can confirm it's a dump.

It’s a shit hole in the league of Luton shit holes.
The locals are gormless and struggle to string a sentence together and if you like really rough Women I would strongly recommend it.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 11:07:31 »

I always wonder what bearing the perceived merits/demerits of a town/city have on anything.

Nothing to see here
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 11:11:17 »

It’s a shit hole in the league of Luton shit holes.
The locals are gormless and struggle to string a sentence together and if you like really rough Women I would strongly recommend it.

In its defence it is better than Gillingham.

All most footy fans see of Swindon is the walk from the station to ground which is grim.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: