Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup  (Read 13257 times)
Darlo

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 16:33:14 »

The biggest danger for Swindon tomorrow will be if some of your players expect an easy time of it given the 66 places between the two sides. At Walsall we completely outplayed them for the first 20 minutes and their manager immediately hooked two of their players.

On paper, full-time, home advantage and the gulf between the sides should tell but you just never know. One thing's for sure, our lads will be fired up for it and we're at our best going forward.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 16:47:08 »

I think the suggested travelling numbers (had we been allowed to) are based on last year's first round FA Cup tie at Walsall when we took 1,229 fans to watch the 2-2 draw. And as we all know Swindon is a much bigger club in much more glamorous surroundings which would have drawn in an even bigger drunken travelling army Cheesy.

On the field what you won't get from us is a dirty, kick-everything-that-moves, route-one, lump-it-in-the-air kind of non-league approach. Darlo's game is based around pace and a pass-and-move style of football. It doesn't always work but we have a better squad than last year, have a fair bit of skill in the side and won't just sit back and defend for our lives. May the best collection of plumbers, joiners, teachers and football coaches win Cheesy

Soft spot for Darlo having travelled up to Feethams a few times on the train and in the process usually getting beat. No bother standing under the tin roof with the home fans.
However it’s a rough old Town, particularly when Hartlepool come to play.
Was not the same the last time at the new “Reynolds” dome and unfortunately some of the faithful knew the fate of a wonderful club with tradition.
I guess more of a Ho’way than a Ha’way being more black and white.
Flashheart

« Reply #62 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 16:51:56 »

I suspect we'll play a strong team. We need a win to lift the mood. Although there will also likely be a few others played to get minutes into their legs as well.

Broadbent seems to be a happy chappy.
Darlo

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 16:55:05 »

Soft spot for Darlo having travelled up to Feethams a few times on the train and in the process usually getting beat. No bother standing under the tin roof with the home fans.
However it’s a rough old Town, particularly when Hartlepool come to play.
Was not the same the last time at the new “Reynolds” dome and unfortunately some of the faithful knew the fate of a wonderful club with tradition.
I guess more of a Ho’way than a Ha’way being more black and white.

That Tin Shed roof was saved before the housing developers moved in and lives on at our new home.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 17:47:50 »

with our recent cup record I doubt we'll take it anything other than seriously.

not taking it as a given by any means
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 17:54:30 »

One thing's for sure, our lads will be fired up for it and we're at our best going forward.

You should be alright then, our defence is shit
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #66 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 18:07:03 »

with our recent cup record I doubt we'll take it anything other than seriously.

not taking it as a given by any means
This, I doubt you will find more than a small handful of our fans that think we will easily win tomorrow, quite the opposite with our FA cup record.

PS I have never forgiven Darlington for essentially finishing Dave Bennetts league career after the horror tackle by Gary Gill in 1990.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Darlo

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 18:11:11 »

You should be alright then, our defence is shit

We've scored 11 in our last 3 games but I'm sure the Red Wall will be a different kettle of fish to the likes of Tadcaster Albion!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 18:15:42 »

Does there have to be a result tomorrow or are there replays

So, give no fucks
tans

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 18:18:39 »

Does there have to be a result tomorrow or are there replays

Staright to penalties
tans

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 18:18:58 »

We've scored 11 in our last 3 games but I'm sure the Red Wall will be a different kettle of fish to the likes of Tadcaster Albion!

Wouldnt be so sure
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 18:19:11 »

Staright to penalties

Cheers tans

So, give no fucks
Darlo

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 18:19:24 »

PS I have never forgiven Darlington for essentially finishing Dave Bennetts league career after the horror tackle by Gary Gill in 1990.

Well your 30-year hex on the club certainly seemed to have an effect... in spades over the years!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #73 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 18:42:09 »

Well your 30-year hex on the club certainly seemed to have an effect... in spades over the years!
Good luck for tomorrow no matter what, you are playing us at the right time now and certainly could pull off a "shock" win, if our players heads aren't in the right place with the Wellens departure then there is a high possibility of an upset. A few weeks ago then it could well have been a different matter.

No offence at all but I do hope we grab a hatfull against you, we badly need it right now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 19:01:44 »

That Tin Shed roof was saved before the housing developers moved in and lives on at our new home.

Now that is great news mate:)
I always remember leaving really early and my first real trip “up North” as a young kid it felt the other side of the World, weather wise it was Smiley
Second half I remember a wonderful sunset as you scored a late winner 1-0 loss I recall and again if memory serves me right the same score the next time.
Love the NE and spent many single lad weekends in Newcastle (what a party City) absolutely love it and the people.
Real pity no fans as would be great to play you again.
Feethams class. Get back to where you belong Darlo and credit for calling your team Darlo and not Darlington. Everyone in the football World know black n white Darlo, bigger heart tan the Mag Skunks.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 6, 2020, 19:05:30 by TheDukeOfBanbury » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: