Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup  (Read 13256 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 13:36:22 »

Other clubs that pulled out of the Cup due to Covid has to forfeit the tie. Notts County in the last round.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 14:15:34 »

Yes mate

You sure, only showing audio on mine?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 14:20:15 »

You sure, only showing audio on mine?

Is it a 'UK only' rights issue?

Mine is showing £10, match pass.

Try a VPN?
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 14:56:41 »

I am seeing Video pass available, no VPN

No one kills a thread like me....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:02:09 »

I am seeing Video pass available, no VPN

Where are you based?
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:56:58 »

Swindon

Darlo

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 15:59:35 »

Oh there is often a "feel good factor" around phoenix clubs, I do remember several games against them in the old Div 4 in the 80s when they never had much more than 1,500 at any game vs Town at home and one crowd barely broke 1,000 home fans.

I think the suggested travelling numbers (had we been allowed to) are based on last year's first round FA Cup tie at Walsall when we took 1,229 fans to watch the 2-2 draw. And as we all know Swindon is a much bigger club in much more glamorous surroundings which would have drawn in an even bigger drunken travelling army Cheesy.

On the field what you won't get from us is a dirty, kick-everything-that-moves, route-one, lump-it-in-the-air kind of non-league approach. Darlo's game is based around pace and a pass-and-move style of football. It doesn't always work but we have a better squad than last year, have a fair bit of skill in the side and won't just sit back and defend for our lives. May the best collection of plumbers, joiners, teachers and football coaches win Cheesy
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 16:02:49 »

From Town home page I clicked I-Follow - See Packages - Check Availabilty - Click on "Subscribe now" and hey presto option to buy video pass for the game came up, no issues.  Haven't tried to buy it (not decided yet) but it took me to the payment page as normal for non-ST games

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 16:06:10 »

I think the suggested travelling numbers (had we been allowed to) are based on last year's first round FA Cup tie at Walsall when we took 1,229 fans to watch the 2-2 draw. And as we all know Swindon is a much bigger club in much more glamorous surroundings which would have drawn in an even bigger drunken travelling army Cheesy.

On the field what you won't get from us is a dirty, kick-everything-that-moves, route-one, lump-it-in-the-air kind of non-league approach. Darlo's game is based around pace and a pass-and-move style of football. It doesn't always work but we have a better squad than last year, have a fair bit of skill in the side and won't just sit back and defend for our lives. May the best collection of plumbers, joiners, teachers and football coaches win Cheesy

Good post and may tge best team win and hope you haven't caught us at the wrong time after the weeks events. I can remember watching you guys play down here in the mid 80's when Macari was manger and if memory serves me right Swindon won 1-0.
We moan down here how the club has been treated over recent years but you've had it much worse and literally had a superb stadium taken away from you

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 16:07:28 »

We’ll have a chance now our serial cup losing shyster has legged it to Salford. Losing a replay at home to Eastleigh has still left scars.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 16:09:27 »

We’ll have a chance now our serial cup losing shyster has legged it to Salford. Losing a replay at home to Eastleigh has still left scars.

We were a great cup team in the late 70's and been relatively shite ever since

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 16:16:46 »

Swindon

Mex is in Spain, hence may need VPN set to UK
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 16:18:40 »

Ahhhhhh

Darlo

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 16:20:38 »

The main obstacle to progress since we were chucked into the Northern League was not having a ground of our own (we should never have left Feethams) and having to finance major ground improvements while trying to maintain a competitive side at our Blackwell Meadows base, even though all we have is an agreement to play there.

But it's been a blast rising up through the non-league ranks even though it's sometimes been tough against some of the bankrollers like Salford and Fylde who dwarfed our budget. At least our destiny is in the hands of the fans now and we don't wake up one morning to find the latest dodgy owner has bunged us into admin. And we've turned into quite a fundraising machine that normally hits our infrastructure and playing budget targets within no time at all.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 16:22:56 »

The main obstacle to progress since we were chucked into the Northern League was not having a ground of our own (we should never have left Feethams) and having to finance major ground improvements while trying to maintain a competitive side at our Blackwell Meadows base, even though all we have is an agreement to play there.

But it's been a blast rising up through the non-league ranks even though it's sometimes been tough against some of the bankrollers like Salford and Fylde who dwarfed our budget. At least our destiny is in the hands of the fans now and we don't wake up one morning to find the latest dodgy owner has bunged us into admin. And we've turned into quite a fundraising machine that normally hits our infrastructure and playing budget targets within no time at all.

Hats off for rising again as there are many teams that don't come back from the depths of the lower league with Hereford being a good example

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: