Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford v Swindon pre match  (Read 37572 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 19:34:48 »

2-0 down at Charlton at half time.

Taxi for Robinson!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 19:37:51 »

More likely to be the kit man or physio than Jewell surely?

Can't imagine the Kit Man having it is good news.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 21:08:33 »

Taxi for Robinson!
Maybe we should have sent a team of fans there for the game. They look in bad shape this season.

Saturday will be very tough against Hull. Hopefully some tired legs in their squad.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 22:23:15 »

He'll be looking for free three points.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 09:08:24 »

Taxi for Robinson!

Did you see the freekick, keeper had a mare there
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 09:08:51 »

Saturday will be very tough against Hull. Hopefully some tired legs in their squad.

Is the game definitely on?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 09:31:08 »

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere either on or off
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 09:59:09 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 09:34:59 »

The club are preparing for the game to be on at the moment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 11:28:59 »

I think we do and TBF I don't think I was very clear, my apologies There's two objectives - short-term to protect the most vulnerable (e.g. the elderly) and at risk (key workers, esp in the health and care sectors), which doesn't require the majority to be vaccinated and is likely to be all we can do with the first lot of vaccines that are available (which I think was what Tails was talking about); and medium-long term suppressing the virus which is likely to require mass vaccination.

The plan is to vax everyone over 18, albeit this will be phased with health workers and those deemed at risk first obviously.
Valid Pint

« Reply #369 on: Thursday, October 29, 2020, 14:59:55 »

Is the vaccination vegan-friendly
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 07:55:38 »

Is the vaccination vegan-friendly

This going to be a contentious comment, however, this maybe one of those times where the greater good comes before personal liberty/entitlement. When the vax is ready and that is likely to be sooner rather than later I’d not be adverse to legislation saying no vax, no NHS treatment’. Though that of course opens up a can of worms but desperate times sometimes mean desperate measures.

I do realise this is the wrong thread as such but I was just talking the comment onto VP. I’ll not add anything further.
Flashheart

« Reply #371 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 08:29:13 »

When the vax is ready and that is likely to be sooner rather than later I’d not be adverse to legislation saying no vax, no NHS treatment’.

Believe it or not, I'm not far behind you.

I don't think it's right we don't treat them, but I do think those so irresponsible to not get a vaccine should not be allowed to put further strain on the NHS. Especially at the cost of other people who have been responsible. I don't know what the answer is, mind.

For some reason, something similar popped into my head recently about health insurance and anti-vaxxers. I can see health insurance companies saying 'nope' if somebody refused to get a vaccine and the caught the vid. They'll take any opportunity they can to not pay out - rightly or wrongly.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #372 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 10:05:54 »

Totally against the principles of the NHS. EVERYONE is entitled to treatment - even morons.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 10:08:15 »

Believe it or not, I'm not far behind you.

I don't think it's right we don't treat them, but I do think those so irresponsible to not get a vaccine should not be allowed to put further strain on the NHS. Especially at the cost of other people who have been responsible. I don't know what the answer is, mind.

For some reason, something similar popped into my head recently about health insurance and anti-vaxxers. I can see health insurance companies saying 'nope' if somebody refused to get a vaccine and the caught the vid. They'll take any opportunity they can to not pay out - rightly or wrongly.

It also leads to a bit of a slippery slope then doesn't it? If the NHS is not to treat people that don't choose to get vaccinated then why should they treat people that get sick due to addiction to drugs, cigarettes and alchohol for example?

In reality they have to treat everyone equally and fairly whatever the lifestyle. That said I remember when I had snapped my achilles playing football and I was sat in A&E for 5 hours or so waiting while all the local druggies seemed to be able to waltz in and get seen straight away (presumably to avoid disturbance etc) which was a little bit irritating.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 10:11:08 »

Quote from: jayohaitchenn
Totally against the principles of the NHS. EVERYONE is entitled to treatment - even morons.

yup, at least for now anyway.

that said, I think the MMR autism anti vaxers parents should be done for child neglect if their child ends up in hospital with one of the diseases...

though compulsory vaccinations again is contentious.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: