Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford v Swindon pre match  (Read 37750 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 10:02:10 »

The aim isn't to vaccinate everyone. You don't need to for it to be effective and for us to get back to normal.

Agreed as long as the vaccine works on the ones who have it. I guess the main concern is how it has been tested and what any side effects are

So, give no fucks
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 11:09:39 »

Just bending over for his fans who will no doubt be queuing up to roger him after this sort of comment.
Flashheart

« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 11:15:39 »

Remember when he was once moaning about us not playing our strongest team in a game, despite him having previously done the same thing?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 11:17:04 »

So who is responsible for calling a game off? The club. The EFL. PHE?
Flashheart

« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 11:19:18 »

So who is responsible for calling a game off? The club. The EFL. PHE?

Can't be us, Shirley? We can't call a game off ourselves no matter how much we might want to.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 11:20:09 »

From the talk of the town podcast, I understood it to be like;

- we had positive tests and asked the EFL if we could call off the fixture due to them without incurring a points deduction
- the EFL said no and the game had to go ahead as planned
- PHE stepped in and forced the EFL to call the game off
- EFL called the game off without the threat of us facing a automatic points deduction

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 11:23:42 »

From the talk of the town podcast, I understood it to be like;

- we had positive tests and asked the EFL if we could call off the fixture due to them without incurring a points deduction
- the EFL said no and the game had to go ahead as planned
- PHE stepped in and forced the EFL to call the game off
- EFL called the game off without the threat of us facing a automatic points deduction

Think that's reflected in the Adver piece as well.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 11:50:30 »

Agreed as long as the vaccine works on the ones who have it. I guess the main concern is how it has been tested and what any side effects are

Vaccine will be to prevent rather than cure. Only a small % of the population would need one.

As for Robinson, he's purely doing it to appease the fans. See his comments after the Crewe game was called off, it's completely contradictory. Fans are always gonna run with whatever narrative they want and the "running scared" thing works for Pox fans so let them have it. I'm sure, if we do win (or draw) the rearranged match it won't 'count' towards the run of victories because of the circumstances.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 11:56:05 »

Vaccine will be to prevent rather than cure. Only a small % of the population would need one.

As for Robinson, he's purely doing it to appease the fans. See his comments after the Crewe game was called off, it's completely contradictory. Fans are always gonna run with whatever narrative they want and the "running scared" thing works for Pox fans so let them have it. I'm sure, if we do win (or draw) the rearranged match it won't 'count' towards the run of victories because of the circumstances.

Good post

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 11:59:25 »

I don't think that's true is it? Pretty sure to reach the fabled "herd immunity" that prevents the virus from having sufficient hosts to spread, it needs most people to have had the vaccine. There doesn't seem to be an exact "tipping point" figure (presumably because this is a new virus so we don't yet know how it behaves long term, how effective a vaccine is, how often people need booster jabs etc) but the stuff I've read seems to be consistently between 60-80% of the population would need to be vaccinated. For some diseases it's higher, over 90%

https://theconversation.com/what-is-herd-immunity-and-how-many-people-need-to-be-vaccinated-to-protect-a-community-116355
Flashheart

« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 11:59:48 »

I know it won't happen, but...

The bellend says he won't accept a re-arranged date. Would it not be beautiful if he did refuse and we were given the points!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 12:01:09 »

I know it won't happen, but...

The bellend says he won't accept a re-arranged date. Would it not be beautiful if he did refuse and we were given the points!

That would be the dogs bo*locks if that happened!

So, give no fucks
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 12:02:19 »

I always thought the point of any vaccine was to make sure you don't get it, rather than to treat it? I'm far from a medical expert so could be wrong!
Flashheart

« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 12:07:33 »

I always thought the point of any vaccine was to make sure you don't get it, rather than to treat it? I'm far from a medical expert so could be wrong!

You're not wrong.

Although vaccines can be used as a treatment in some cases, such as with rabies, but that's beside the point.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 12:22:25 »

Yes it is. That's precisely why everyone (or nearly everyone) needs to have it to properly control the virus and allow us to get back to some kind of normal. If only a small %age of the population is vaccinated, then everyone else has to carry on with the measures we have now
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: