Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford v Swindon pre match  (Read 37590 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 07:08:56 »

What a cock.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 07:22:00 »

what a cunt
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 07:24:03 »

If someone made a film about him, James Cordon would play him.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 07:24:04 »

Robinson knows what he's doing. It's easy fuel to keep fans onside.

In some ways this is a to push the EFL to enforce rules that'll stop what happened last week.

If Oxford suffer a spate of positive cases then he's essentially forcing them down the road of having to play. I'm not sure that trying to force game to go ahead OR insist on a walk-over for a third division football match (which can be rearranged) during a global pandemic is a hill I'd be willing to die on but I'm not surprised Karl is one to embrace that challenge.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 07:30:22 »

He is not in full possession of the facts, but has his rant printed in the local press.  Classy.

But the worst bit is he's plain wrong.  If members of your bubble or whatever it's called test positive, you self-isolate.  End of story.  That's not EFL guidance, it's from the government/NHS.  If I was him, I'd be asking the Oxford Mail to take the story back down.  I'm almost embarrassed for him.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 07:30:49 »

Scared.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 07:44:01 »

Scared.

We always live in hope but, if we're all honest, Saturday was probably one of the safest bets for an Oxford win throughout our poor run against them.

Robinson will drive that narrative. As will the club and their local paper. They will ignore the points made by Ardiles in favour of what they think is the moral high ground. A budget Tranmere Rovers.

It's like politics. Wellens came out and gave a clear breakdown of what happened and Robinson is ignoring every single bit of it with the Barrow example being a case in point - Town had no coaches available.

Do you *really* want to claim a victory over an opposition playing with a handicap of no coaching staff? I wouldnt.

Either way, the stuff Town in the rearranged and its justice for Town being scummy COVID cop outs or they lose and Swindon are cowards for 'running away scared'.

What a bunch of nonsense caused by the EFL's inability to be definitive in their rulings.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 08:41:25 by Costanza » Logged
Valid Pint

« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 08:05:52 »

Thanks for free, motivational team-talk for when the game is played.

Motivational for STFC that is.

Bring on three points & roundabouts.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 08:40:17 »

Thing is, you have got cuntface moaning the game was off.

You've got sloth moaning that the game was on without proper testing https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18822024.steve-evans-fumes-lack-covid-tests---league-one-round-up/

The EFL need to get a grip on this. I'm not subscribing to the season being cancelled, but the shambolic organisation and lack of clear protocol could contribute to it.

Problem is, getting a grip costs somebody money (e.g. testing)...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 09:06:50 »

Pharmacist friend noted on Sunday night (during our virtual night in the pub) that he expects two different vaccines to have been released in the UK by Christmas/New year, one being the Oxford one I don't recall the other as alcohol had been taken!
Flashheart

« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 09:11:22 »

Pharmacist friend noted on Sunday night (during our virtual night in the pub) that he expects two different vaccines to have been released in the UK by Christmas/New year, one being the Oxford one I don't recall the other as alcohol had been taken!

That would still likely make next to no difference to football. though. It'd still be months before we could return to any kind of normality.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 09:17:20 »

That would still likely make next to no difference to football. though. It'd still be months before we could return to any kind of normality.

Indeed, albeit at least if the players and immediate staff were vaxxed it would hopefully prevent the present sort of shitty shambles.

From what he was saying the big concern is that its going to take a long time to vax 65m people and its making sure that those who are vaxxed don't immediately go back to normal and start infecting those who aren't, just because you can't get ill with it doesn't mean you won't be spreading it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 09:19:40 »

They're also saying that the vaccine will be two part with a month between doses and will be for NHS staff/key workers and the vulnerable etc so it could take until the spring or summer until it's available for all.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 09:21:50 »

Robinson is just trying to keep the Pox fans on his side, not for 1 minute does he genuinely think that should or even could happen.

Its the rallying call of General Custer before the inevitable defeat at the hands of your fiercest opponents.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 09:35:46 »

They're also saying that the vaccine will be two part with a month between doses and will be for NHS staff/key workers and the vulnerable etc so it could take until the spring or summer until it's available for all.

The aim isn't to vaccinate everyone. You don't need to for it to be effective and for us to get back to normal.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: