Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford v Swindon pre match  (Read 38277 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 16:12:37 »

I’m getting to the point where this season is just pointless and largely irrelevant.  I’ve just had a long argument on Twitter with someone who thinks all pro footballers are paid enough that they should lock themselves away until spring so that games aren’t put at risk. If we are really asking players to put their lives on hold more than the rest of us what is the point in continuing with the season...

I couldn't agree more and never wanted the season to start without crowds or if it was unsafe.

So, give no fucks
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 16:43:04 »

I’m getting to the point where this season is just pointless and largely irrelevant...........

Quite. I have both Sky Sports and BT Sport so can watch all the "Top Class" games but not really that interested in who does what in the Premiership/Championship and even having access to iFollow for the Towns games lacks the real involvement of being at the game.

As the rules regarding this pandemic and what people can and cannot do appear to be made up on the cuff dependant upon where you are in the U.K. it looks less and less likely that we shall be allowed into the CG until well into 2021 if at all, not a good thought.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 16:45:09 »

it's still relevant, just not that enjoyable for me
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 16:52:15 »

It's definitely not enjoyable and although relevant it doesn't seem right that Liverpool is in lockdown yet football carries on at Anfield & Goodison

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 16:54:27 »

I’m just getting fed up of the dehumanising of players, it’s mind boggling that some people expect players to lock themselves away for 6 or 7 months like football is more important than anything else. There still seems to be a lot of people that think lower league players are paid a lot more than they really are and thus should be a picture of responsibility. Asking players not to go and eat at restaurant, or sit in a coffee shop is completely unreasonable in my opinion and if that is what people genuinely believe then what’s the point...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Sunday, October 25, 2020, 16:59:17 »

^^^^ yeah, I just roll my eyes at that stupidity.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 11:51:52 »

Born and grew up in Wiltshire so I can attest I detest the filthy yellow cunts with a passion.
Born in Surrey, grew up in the Newbury (area), I have always been east of Swindon.

I also hate the Pisstains with a passion (on matchdays or anywhere in the vicinity of the Kebabstad)

Reading, or "the Biscuitmen", notwithstanding some testy afternoons at Elm Park and the Madstad, has always been a friendly derby at its most intense and more recently a tad inconsequential due to the lack of passion of its fans and its tidy but soulless stadium.  Franchise without the treachery.

Though not on a level with Oxford, I do buy into the enmity with City and can understand its pre-eminence west of Swindon.

But there is only one lower league rivalry ever equated with Rangers v Celtic and it ain't City, let alone Rovers.  'Tis true though that, in the red corner, that comparison is probably starting to become historical.  As a number of posts on here seem to indicate.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 26, 2020, 11:56:28 by RedRag » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 11:55:30 »

Born in Surrey, grew up in the Newbury (area), I have always been east of Swindon.

I also hate the Pisstains with a passion (on matchdays or anywhere in the vicinity of the Kebabstad)

Reading, or "the Biscuitmen", notwithstanding some testy afternoons at Elm Park and the Madstad, has always been a friendly derby at its most intense and more recently a tad inconsequential due to the lack of passion of its fans and its tidy but soulless stadium.  Franchise without the treachery.

Though not on a level with Oxford, I do buy into the enmity with City and can understand its pre-eminence west of Swindon.

But there is only one lower league rivalry ever equated with Rangers v Celtic and it ain't City, let alone Rovers.  'Tis true though that, in the red corner, it is probably starting to become historical.  As a number of posts on here seem to indicate.

Good read 😁

So, give no fucks
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 12:03:32 »

If you weren't around in the late 70's & 80's you will never know
Good answer too.

I'm "irritated" by our results v the latter pair and have been known to reach "annoyed" on a few occasions.  Absolute trivia on the Rivalry Richter Scale.  John McGinlay on his own would get my juices going more than that pair.   Wink
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 12:04:21 »

But there is only one lower league rivalry ever equated with Rangers v Celtic and it ain't City, let alone Rovers.  'Tis true though that, in the red corner, that comparison is probably starting to become historical.  As a number of posts on here seem to indicate.

Having lived in the Yellow Territory all my life there is and will only be one game that is a little more important than all of the others.
Decent post that.
Reading was always a day out but never with the passion and intensity that came from a Red and Yellow Derby. I have many derby stories, some good, some funny and some not so good as well as confession that I know a fair few Piss Stains.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 12:08:42 »

Good answer too.

I'm "irritated" by our results v the latter pair and have been known to reach "annoyed" on a few occasions.  Absolute trivia on the Rivalry Richter Scale.  John McGinlay on his own would get my juices going more than that pair.   Wink

I Remember those games against Bolton 😁

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 12:15:43 »

EFL confirm tomorrows game is off
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 12:17:07 »

EFL confirm tomorrows game is off

I wonder if the Hull game will be off🤔

So, give no fucks
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 12:30:50 »

Having lived in the Yellow Territory all my life there is and will only be one game that is a little more important than all of the others.
Decent post that.
Reading was always a day out but never with the passion and intensity that came from a Red and Yellow Derby. I have many derby stories, some good, some funny and some not so good as well as confession that I know a fair few Piss Stains.
I now live in a small Surrey village and my neighbour turned out to be a Pox fan.  I was furious that this never came up on the Local Search carried out.  He's bigger than me and into karate, so we get on fairly well   Wink
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 07:04:10 »

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18823731.derby-not-rearranged-says-oxford-united-boss/
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: