Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton v Swindon - Pre Match Chat & Match Day Thread  (Read 16229 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 08:21:46 »

Baudry wont get dropped. It wasnt long ago RW was saying he was one of the best defenders in league one
Panda Paws

« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 08:23:22 »

I still think we'll be fine when we get players back and settled. Will see where we are after 10 before starting to panic. Missing our first choice back 4 plus Lyden ahead of them is really hurting us right now. A solid defensive performance and we win that last night.
Flashheart

« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 08:28:10 »

Baudry wont get dropped.

I wouldn't be so sure. He named his 1st choice back four last night - Baudry wasn't one of them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 08:44:16 »

I've had chocolates like that.
Thanks for that, Forrest Gump Smiley

I still think we'll be fine when we get players back and settled. Will see where we are after 10 before starting to panic. Missing our first choice back 4 plus Lyden ahead of them is really hurting us right now. A solid defensive performance and we win that last night.
Keep having to remind myself of this, how many we are missing, but we do need to see some kind of turn round soon. That and that actually just staying in business still has to be the main objective this season.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 09:25:55 »

Kovar still worries me. Seems he was signed for his ball control rather than his goalkeeping expertise. Over half the team last night are playing their first few games in competitive football.

I can well believe the budget is less than last season’s - at least, what’s actually been spent anyway.

S. Ireland would be a welcome addition
Flashheart

« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 09:33:21 »

I'm not worried - I'm annoyed.

We showed in the second half that the atrocities in the first half were avoidable. So just don't fucking do it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 09:38:22 »

I'm not worried - I'm annoyed.

We showed in the second half that the atrocities in the first half were avoidable. So just don't fucking do it.
Absolutely this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 09:41:27 »

What was highlighted last night was that DJ and Smith T. are must starters. Only one out of Smith J. and Stevens can play - I’d go for Smith.

How about Odimayo in CM? Caddis must be number one RB. How long for Lyden?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 09:46:34 »

What was highlighted last night was that DJ and Smith T. are must starters. Only one out of Smith J. and Stevens can play - I’d go for Smith.

How about Odimayo in CM? Caddis must be number one RB. How long for Lyden?

Agree with one of Stevens and Smith, it just isn’t working playing them together.
Wouldn’t want Odimayo in CM, he seems to be our only half decent defender right now. I’d also drop Caddis if both Hunt and Donohue are fit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 09:53:30 »

the thing is. when Stevens and Smith came on v Sunderland we looked better for it.

Can understand why we did it. it just didn't work
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 09:54:48 »

I would definitely play Caddis if fit. He is technically class and offers a lot getting forward. He’s also a great organiser and experienced body. I think he understands the Oxford rivalry too so would be really up for it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 09:56:13 »

Absolutely this.
#

Double this.

Schoolboy stuff again undone us and then when we had a go in the second half we couldnt get the thing over the line.

I thought Caddis was our best player last night...obviously im in a minority.  Surging forward and some great passes...pace will always be an issue.

last night will stick in the memory of an opportunity lost.

That one on one with the keeper?!...arrrggggh!

Clems Army!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 10:23:49 »

Caddis over Hunt for me as well.

The goal threat was there but the execution wasn't.

Liked the simplified version of DJ when he came on.

Maybe worth starting on Saturday with the team that finished last night?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 10:27:16 »

Caddis started wobbly on the left, but grew into it on the right. He takes up since good positions and can pick a pass.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 10:31:52 »

I agree, 1st half early doors he was left back and looked way out of position all the time, he then swapped to his natural right back and played really well for the rest of the game, made some good runs and passes. Hes definately our best RB.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: