Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton v Swindon - Pre Match Chat & Match Day Thread  (Read 16224 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 19, 2020, 15:08:08 »

I will have a go this week!!
We could really do with a win to get a bit of positivity back before the big one Saturday!

Wellens press conference quotes:-

Wellens on R Hunt 🗣: "He won't be fit and he has had an epidural today." #stfc #efl

Wellens on recruitment 🗣: "When you go up a league you need to get your recruitment right. We are probably two or three short at the minute and the squad is a bit threadbare." #stfc #efl

Wellens on free agents 🗣: "Supporters have to understand that there are no supporters coming in and we don't have someone able to pour millions into the club. The chairman is doing his upmost best and these signings are out of the money in his own pocket." #stfc #efl

Wellens on Odimayo 🗣: "We brought him in for next to nothing and he's done really well. He is very coachable and we will probably give him a new contract that reflect his performances."

Wellens on form 🗣: "Little mistakes are costing us a little bit. We stay upbeat and know we will come good again. The experienced players need to step up a little bit more." #stfc #efl

Wellens on referees 🗣: "I'm losing the will to live in terms of referees. I watched the next day when Pickford brought down Van Dijk and they still didn't give a penalty despite VAR. These people are inept. You won't hear me talk about referees for the foreseeable future" #STFC

Wellens on Sunderland result 🗣: "I thought other than the way they managed the game we looked comfortable in the game and I was happy for 60 mins. We defended well and made a mistake." #stfc #efl

Wellens on Salford rumours 🗣: "I've been offered four jobs since I've been at this club and it's wrong of me to take my attention away from Swindon. The most important thing for me is Swindon Town football club." #stfc #efl
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 19, 2020, 15:12:58 »

Should be one we are winning - but confidence of players and fans have taken a knock. 5 losses in a row would be hard to take.

Got to junk the first half formation for good - it’ll do a job for 44 mins and the inevitable cock up will ruin it all.

Might as well go for it from the off.
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 19, 2020, 15:21:27 »

I think other than maybe against Wimbledon, it's difficult to say we've played badly. Asides from shoddy defending but we looked a lot more solid against Sunderland - only to be let down by a cock-up.

We've obviously not played well enough in some, but still not 'badly'. Cut out the silly mistakes and we'll be looking toward the top half of the table again.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 19, 2020, 15:31:29 »

We look more dangerous with our wingers, and Baudry and DJ haven't earned the right to starting places. Short of options up front - maybe start with Tyler's industry and be prepared to throw Hope on with him if we're chasing the game.

Kovar
Caddis       Odimayo       Grounds    Donohue
                           A Grant
   Stevens      M Smith      Payne      J Smith
                          T Smith

Subs: Fryer, Curran, Baudry, DJ, J Grant, Hope +1

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 19, 2020, 15:33:22 »

Come on then ITKers.

Which jobs has he been offered?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 19, 2020, 15:38:10 »

Come on then ITKers.

Which jobs has he been offered?

Blackpool, Bolton, Doncaster & Salford!!!!

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 19, 2020, 16:15:27 »

Crikey, is Hunt pregnant?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 19, 2020, 16:33:46 »

Crikey, is Hunt pregnant?

After seeing Hoddle on TV yesterday I reckon he is Crying

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 19, 2020, 18:13:20 »

No time like the present for a minimum 4 point haul from the next couple of games.

A visit to the scene of our last away win back in February.
Some great memories from last season, including from behind the goal that night as Jordan Lyden’s header seemingly made its way in slow motion towards the back of the net
The pandemonium that followed is what makes (or made) it all worthwhile.
Don’t miss the long walk to the ground from the town centre.
Will miss the all-dayer beforehand.

I doubt that this will replace The Fields are Green in the pre match music selection, but it should.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 19, 2020, 18:18:31 »

A point would be great

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 19, 2020, 18:21:16 »

We can't afford two defeats this week but I would take a defeat tomorrow if we won on Saturday rather than the other way around. I guess two draws would be acceptable as it would be progress on the road

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 19, 2020, 18:41:21 »

Kovar
Caddis       Odimayo       Grounds    Donohue
                   A Grant    M Smith
J Smith          Payne                     Stevens
                          T Smith

Subs: Fryer, Curran, Baudry, DJ, J Grant, Hope

I think we will go with this, have DJ on the bench and bring him on 2nd half and if fit I think Hunt will still get the nod over Caddis.

We look far better as an attacking unit when playing Stevens and J Smith as out and out wingers, although I still prefer them playing inverted and cutting inside.

Swindon should have enough to beat this lot. Even though on their forum they seem to think we should be a walkover.

The last time we lost 4 league games in a row was January 2016 being beat by Peterborough, Rovers, Pox and Bury in L1 under Williams in the relegation season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 19, 2020, 18:43:18 »

Hunts not playing. Had an epidural today
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 19, 2020, 19:16:57 »

Hunts not playing. Had an epidural today
puuuuush

what's the issue?