Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Sunderland Matchday Thread  (Read 20906 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 17:01:14 »

At this point it looks like a long hard season.

Black cats played well enough without creating many clear cut chances.. We have to stop giving gifts ...simple as that.

WTF was that first goal all about? Pen like taking sweets off a baby!

Played on the break but nothing happened for us, poor ambitious passes or marshalling  long punts out for throw one...nothing stuck.

I thought Pen as the defender raised his foot and Hope really should of scored...but apart from those glimmers, no complaints with that defeat.

Clems Army!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 17:04:26 »

I suspect the phrase „where has the £ gone“ is being typed furiously by a number of our more ‚special fans‘ on social media
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 17:06:52 by Matchworn Shirts » Logged

I come from a land down-under
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 17:04:45 »

If he went to Salford it might take two seasons to get promoted to be in the same position he is in now managing in League One.

If it goes wrong there then Wellens career goes backwards. It depends how ambitious the owners at Salford are? League One or Championship. Are they prepared to write a cheque for £6M each year like Dale Vince at FGR given the similar gates.

I could see Wellens moving on by next Season but stay here and he might get a Championship job or one of the big northern clubs falling into League One.

I get the impression Power has pulled up the financial drawbridge either due to Covid-19 and waiting for the EFL money deal or the ownership case. Wellens is pissed off about but Power should know from 16/17 that you cut the budget in this League and you end up back in League Two.

I think if he did go it would be because of Power not matching his ambition in the transfer market as you could argue if we went down that dosen't look good on his CV

So, give no fucks
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 17:07:56 »

I suspect the phrase „where has the £ gone“ is being typed furiously by a number of our more ‚special fans‘ on social media

I'm sure...I'm off all that white.

Clems Army!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 17:52:19 »

Did Baudry slip for the first goal as mentioned in commentary or did he just ball watch?  There was real danger for the second but diving in rather than putting off was very naive.  The first goal negated the more cautious approach, which though dull, had quite fairly become a priority given the goals against tally and squad limitations.  Second half however was far more fluid and I felt we were possibly unlucky with the interception being called back by the ref, never mind the pen he turned down.

Sunderland worthy winners however and you'd expect them to finish top 7.  Still no goals conceded since first Lg game.
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 18:27:33 »

Apart from integrity it's hard to see how Wellens head wouldn't be turned as it's down the road from his home and he would be backed beyond belief to get them promoted. Also it makes you wonder if he's fallen out with Power over lack of transfers etc
But if they didn't go up he might get the sack, given the way they've treated other managers
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 18:31:45 »

But if they didn't go up he might get the sack, given the way they've treated other managers

It's all if's & buts but if family are involved in any decision he may or may not make who could blame him for choosing to go back home.

So, give no fucks
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 18:34:26 »

There are shades of Mark Cooper about Wellens at times. Toys out of the pram when things aren’t going well.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 18:36:12 »

There are shades of Mark Cooper about Wellens at times. Toys out of the pram when things aren’t going well.

Yes definitely agree with you and was trying to remember if he was ever red carded whist Swindon manager

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 18:41:22 »

I get the impression Power has pulled up the financial drawbridge either due to Covid-19 and waiting for the EFL money deal or the ownership case. Wellens is pissed off about but Power should know from 16/17 that you cut the budget in this League and you end up back in League Two.

Budget!  We are existing on fumes right now, next to zero income.  The squad is ample to stay up and get to mid table, the real job this season is to still be in business for the next one.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 18:48:00 »

Budget!  We are existing on fumes right now, next to zero income.  The squad is ample to stay up and get to mid table, the real job this season is to still be in business for the next one.

The problem could be we are not good enough to stay up if players keep getting injured and who's to say Power will spend in January
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 18:53:50 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 18:48:58 »

I do think there must be clubs in our league hoping for a quick funding deal with the Premier League if they are still getting players in this week.

Could be interesting come the next transfer deadline with clubs trying to offload players if the funding is not sorted.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 20:20:59 »

Budget!  We are existing on fumes right now, next to zero income.  The squad is ample to stay up and get to mid table, the real job this season is to still be in business for the next one.

Completely agree. Stay in the league. I'm sure there are a lot worse players and coaching staff at other clubs. We should be fine to stay up, as long as everyone keeps their cool.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 20:38:27 »

Like it or not, that hobby club probably has better prospects of climbing further up the pyramid.

I once heard someone say something similar about Rushden & Diamonds.  Salford average 3,000 at home, and that's with all the publicity they get from Keane & Scholes being involved.  They've peaked already.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 21:17:44 »

I once heard someone say something similar about Rushden & Diamonds.  Salford average 3,000 at home, and that's with all the publicity they get from Keane & Scholes being involved.  They've peaked already.

Time will tell

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: