Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Sunderland Matchday Thread  (Read 20636 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 16:22:13 »

I wonder if Salford have made an approach, hes keen and has been told no.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 16:23:24 »

Salford lost today so imagine they will be desperate to make a quick appointment so this week will probably reveal all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 16:27:00 »

on the performance, last few games I think we look a bit disjointed in passing. Things get misplaced a bit too often or otherwise broken up. Which puts us under pressure
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 16:28:50 »

I wonder if Salford have made an approach, hes keen and has been told no.

Apart from integrity it's hard to see how Wellens head wouldn't be turned as it's down the road from his home and he would be backed beyond belief to get them promoted. Also it makes you wonder if he's fallen out with Power over lack of transfers etc

So, give no fucks
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 16:30:55 »

Wellens is a Manchester United fan as well so I can see him being very interested given who's involved with Salford.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 16:31:00 »

You could see Salford job might be tempting on a personal level being close to home and working for his Man U mates.

Wellens did make a big point last season that it's tough managing in League Two in terms of trying to play a passing game and getting clubs to loan players.

Hopefully that's enough to keep him here and he has a better chance of building his reputation in this league than dropping to League Two. Think there is a 'Power Play' going on here and creating a bit of chatter.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 16:32:35 »

Wellens is a Manchester United fan as well so I can see him being very interested given who's involved with Salford.

That's true plus his son is with them and it must be really hard living down here away from his family

So, give no fucks
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 16:36:47 »

Sorry.  But if the scale of his footballing ambition is to take the helm at the pseudo-club hobby of a few ex-Man Utd pros who have promised to buy him a promotion, then he'll not be the Manager that I thought he was.

All speculation, of course.  And probably nothing in at all.  One thing I've realised recently is that pretty much everyone has stuff going on in their lives that most others don't know about...so a few skipped interviews could mean anything.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 16:40:29 »

Sorry.  But if the scale of his footballing ambition is to take the helm at the pseudo-club hobby of a few ex-Man Utd pros who have promised to buy him a promotion, then he'll not be the Manager that I thought he was.

All speculation, of course.  And probably nothing in at all.  One thing I've realised recently is that pretty much everyone has stuff going on in their lives that most others don't know about...so a few skipped interviews could mean anything.

Football is very fickle and we don't know what Wellens relationship is like with Power over recent days

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 16:40:51 »

I guess he’s in a position where he can’t currently go in the same house as his family so that must have changed his priorities a little.
To be honest though, if we got enough compensation to cover us for the next day 6 months I don’t think I’d be too fussed. This season is all about avoiding financial oblivion.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 16:42:46 »

Like it or not, that hobby club probably has better prospects of climbing further up the pyramid.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 16:49:00 »

I guess he’s in a position where he can’t currently go in the same house as his family so that must have changed his priorities a little.
To be honest though, if we got enough compensation to cover us for the next day 6 months I don’t think I’d be too fussed. This season is all about avoiding financial oblivion.

Good point as I had overlooked the Covud situation and being 160 miles away from home each week must put a lot of stress on family life

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 16:58:06 »

Tough again today.
Feeling flat and second best all over the park.
Could see we were trying to keep it tight for the first half, however that marking was Sunday League Standard. Penalty could have been avoided.
Now the big game next Saturday and can I survive the nerves.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 17:00:27 »

Tough again today.
Feeling flat and second best all over the park.
Could see we were trying to keep it tight for the first half, however that marking was Sunday League Standard. Penalty could have been avoided.
Now the big game next Saturday and can I survive the nerves.

All we have to do is make sure they are still bottom of the league this time next week!

So, give no fucks
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 17:00:45 »

If he went to Salford it might take two seasons to get promoted to be in the same position he is in now managing in League One.

If it goes wrong there then Wellens career goes backwards. It depends how ambitious the owners at Salford are? League One or Championship. Are they prepared to write a cheque for £6M each year like Dale Vince at FGR given the similar gates.

I could see Wellens moving on by next Season but stay here and he might get a Championship job or one of the big northern clubs falling into League One.

I get the impression Power has pulled up the financial drawbridge either due to Covid-19 and waiting for the EFL money deal or the ownership case. Wellens is pissed off about but Power should know from 16/17 that you cut the budget in this League and you end up back in League Two.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: