Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Sunderland Matchday Thread  (Read 20617 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:44:57 »

Wonder how many trainers Doughty has sold?

It has to say something when Donohue, Grounds and Odimayo have played well enough only to be undone by Baudry. Grant struggling to impose himself in L1. Matt Smith playing well too. Feel sorry for Tyler Smith with zero service.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:45:14 »

We did try and retain LMac, and then we did try and get an experienced keeper in, but neither came off. Best laid plans and all that.

McCormick is injured and practically retired so fat lot of use he would have been, his shoulder has been fucked for years.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:45:36 »

Donegal isn't it?

Well the one I’ve done is in County Mayo. We’re in Achill Island, stunning part of the world!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:45:58 »

This isn't a dig at Kovar but this is a really tough defence for him to develop in. He's not ready as a number one with such a shaky defence. I would happily have him as a number two and gradually bring him in. Town should have retained or tried to retain LMc, his experience would help right now (or similar). People can harp on about Town's style needing a ball playing keeper but surely all that becomes fairly useless if you aren't getting the freedom to play the passing game as a keeper too often?!

He's now getting pressured continually as in a somewhat weak defence. Signing two young keepers was always seemingly bizarre but for sure, Kovar had recommendations. It now seems that these recommendations have been slightly over exasperated. Having two young keepers is suicide and RW has got to own up to getting this wrong.

It actually isn't fair on the lad Kovar because he clearly isn't ready to step up just yet. I want him to; I want him prove all the bashers wrong because there probably is a bloody decent keeper in there but Town are ruining him.

At the minute, the only way Town can generally win matches is by outscoring the opposition. Pretty much going to concede every game.

On a slightly positive note, if you fancy Town to turn it around...they are 20/1
That's the point I've tried to make. With this defence you need someone who is going to pull of a worldy or two and Marshall them. Kovar isn't ready to do that....yet (perhaps).

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:47:41 »

With Kovar, I don't think he'll have been exposed to so much aerial stuff coming into the box in the youth set-up at Man Utd.  He looks a bit bemused as to how to handle it right now.  He'll learn, the problem is that having a wobbly defence in front of him just exposes the frailties.

While we generally contained them, it still befuddles me how our full backs allow players to wander around them - with a back five you can spread quite wide and use the touchline.  It's all down to being switched on, and we certainly seem to have come back from the long break with a blinking concentration switch.  On and Off all the time.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:48:05 »

Think I might be in inclined to stay with the same 11 for the first 15 mins then look to bring Stevens and Smith on for the last 30 mins.

Agree with this. I'd keep it tight until the hour and hope that we can make some chances. We're doing ok on the right with Payne and Hunt, but DJ needs to get much more in the game to drive us forward on the left. If we're not getting any more joy, hook DJ and Payne or Grant, introduce the pace of Jonny and Stevens down the sides, and add Hope to go two in the middle.

Edit: so I'm wrong - he's going for it straight away. This will be interesting. Could be carnage!  Head Hurts
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:49:53 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #201 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:49:15 »

Agree with this. I'd keep it tight until the hour and hope that we can make some chances. We're doing ok on the right with Payne and Hunt, but DJ needs to get much more in the game to drive us forward on the left. If we're not getting any more joy, hook DJ and Payne or Grant, introduce the pace of Jonny and Stevens down the sides, and add Hope to go two in the middle.
Wellens disagrees with you and agrees with me! Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:50:25 »

Stevens and J Smith on for Hunt and DJ.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:52:06 »

Stevens and J Smith on for Hunt and DJ.

DJ has gone off the boil recently hope there's nothing gone on behind the scenes

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:52:40 »

DJ has gone off the boil recently hope there's nothing gone on behind the scenes

There is, we sponsored him.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:53:24 »

There is, we sponsored him.

Jinxed then  No

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #206 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:53:24 »

Baudry gives away a corner.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #207 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:54:09 »

Free header at the far but he pushed Odimayo.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:54:38 »

He’s playing at League 1 level for the first time in his career and is adapting to the step up in a mis-firing team.

I don’t know why the go to view is an off the field issue....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #209 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:54:46 »

Payne dives in the box, close to a pen but not quite.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: