Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Sunderland Matchday Thread  (Read 20633 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #180 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:33:51 »

Nothing wrong with the performance if we were intending to contain and try to knick it on the break, but that doesn't work when your captain and CB is a walking disaster.

Get him off. Get Stevens or Smith in and go back to 4231. No point trying to hang on to a 0-1.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:34:42 »

Frustrating half because, other than one moment, that went exactly to a fairly clear plan. Unfortunately that moment means we need to change the plan entirely for the second half. Over to Wellens.

For me, Baudry off, Odimayo CB, Hunt RB, Stevens/Johnny to the wing. Need to play differently now.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:34:55 »

No, he's trying to be a clever fucker by being sarcastic. He's trying to say that I always criticise Kovar, no matter what.

Ahh i see, you never can tell with him, he’s a bit of a dense fella
Flashheart

« Reply #183 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:36:27 »

Almost every negative in the last 2 games has come from Baudry

Some half time ska:
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:37:12 »

well that was shit.

melodramatic, but we will do well to maintain our l1 place based on the last few outings. we do have players to come back I suppose
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:37:22 »

I'd also hook Baudry.  He has been a liability in every game so far, not sure why because it all seems to be concentration as opposed to ability and he's old enough to sort that out.  No idea if the Covid situation has messed a few players up though.  Several mistakes by him already, and a very costly one.

The formation has surrendered the control of the game, but if you can't legislate for mistakes you may as well abandon that idea and try and at least cause them some problems in the second half.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:38:42 »

This isn't a dig at Kovar but this is a really tough defence for him to develop in. He's not ready as a number one with such a shaky defence. I would happily have him as a number two and gradually bring him in. Town should have retained or tried to retain LMc, his experience would help right now (or similar). People can harp on about Town's style needing a ball playing keeper but surely all that becomes fairly useless if you aren't getting the freedom to play the passing game as a keeper too often?!

He's now getting pressured continually as in a somewhat weak defence. Signing two young keepers was always seemingly bizarre but for sure, Kovar had recommendations. It now seems that these recommendations have been slightly over exasperated. Having two young keepers is suicide and RW has got to own up to getting this wrong.

It actually isn't fair on the lad Kovar because he clearly isn't ready to step up just yet. I want him to; I want him prove all the bashers wrong because there probably is a bloody decent keeper in there but Town are ruining him.

At the minute, the only way Town can generally win matches is by outscoring the opposition. Pretty much going to concede every game.

On a slightly positive note, if you fancy Town to turn it around...they are 20/1

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:38:53 »

I'd also hook Baudry.  He has been a liability in every game so far, not sure why because it all seems to be concentration as opposed to ability and he's old enough to sort that out.  No idea if the Covid situation has messed a few players up though.  Several mistakes by him already, and a very costly one.

The formation has surrendered the control of the game, but if you can't legislate for mistakes you may as well abandon that idea and try and at least cause them some problems in the second half.

I think his legs have gone and he's trying to be clever to give himself an extra yard all the time and it's constantly back firing.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:39:48 »

Awful and unnecessary goal to concede. Might as well roll the dice now, we could play all day and not score in the current set up.

Tyler Smith needs some support further up the pitch, we need to press higher and try and put them on the back foot.
REDBUCK

« Reply #189 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:40:04 »

No surprises, Sunderland better side the more powerful better at keeping and working the ball, better off the ball running.

One bad mistake ruins a good plan to make us more secure. Unfortunately formation gives Sunderland a lot of the ball

Promoted div 2 team against solid league one team with championship experienced players.

Change the formation or hope for a lucky break. Big choice for Ritchie.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:40:08 »

There were some bright points. I thought Donahue looked as if he is getting back up to speed. Grounds looks solid. Odimayo playing well.

Shame we have to set up like that at home. But seeing how big and strong Sunderland are, it could have been embarrassing if we'd played like the last couple of weeks.

Before conceding, I was wondering if we would stick with the same formation for the 90 mins in the hope of a 0-0 or whether the plan was to keep it 0-0 at half time then go for it later on.

Think I might be in inclined to stay with the same 11 for the first 15 mins then look to bring Stevens and Smith on for the last 30 mins.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:40:38 »

Baudry had just as many mistakes in him last season but they are just being punished more this season given the step up. Early days but he doesn’t look like a League 1 defender.

We’ve paid Sunderland a lot of respect so far and are devoid of any creativity as a result. I agree with the calls to introduce Stevens and Smith to have a right go at this.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:41:06 »

Take off Bad-ry, bring the wingers on and try to outscore them. We don't have a defence capable of keeping a clean sheet at the moment.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:42:32 »

This isn't a dig at Kovar but this is a really tough defence for him to develop in. He's not ready as a number one with such a shaky defence. I would happily have him as a number two and gradually bring him in. Town should have retained or tried to retain LMc, his experience would help right now (or similar). People can harp on about Town's style needing a ball playing keeper but surely all that becomes fairly useless if you aren't getting the freedom to play the passing game as a keeper too often?!

He's now getting pressured continually as in a somewhat weak defence. Signing two young keepers was always seemingly bizarre but for sure, Kovar had recommendations. It now seems that these recommendations have been slightly over exasperated. Having two young keepers is suicide and RW has got to own up to getting this wrong.

It actually isn't fair on the lad Kovar because he clearly isn't ready to step up just yet. I want him to; I want him prove all the bashers wrong because there probably is a bloody decent keeper in there but Town are ruining him.

At the minute, the only way Town can generally win matches is by outscoring the opposition. Pretty much going to concede every game.

On a slightly positive note, if you fancy Town to turn it around...they are 20/1
The perfect storm Bamboo....an rookie ‘keeper and bumbling backline.

I expect finances dictated that recruitment didn’t see an experienced GK signed.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 14:42:45 »

This isn't a dig at Kovar but this is a really tough defence for him to develop in. He's not ready as a number one with such a shaky defence. I would happily have him as a number two and gradually bring him in. Town should have retained or tried to retain LMc, his experience would help right now (or similar).

We did try and retain LMac, and then we did try and get an experienced keeper in, but neither came off. Best laid plans and all that.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: