Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Sunderland Matchday Thread  (Read 20892 times)
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 09:08:10 »

It's games like this where home advantage would usually be a factor. They'd bring a decent number down, we'd sell more than usual and the players would be well up for it.

I think the lack of fans in grounds is really starting to impact on players in general, there's no one to pick them up or to castigate them and everything looks and feels a bit like a training match that doesn't really matter. I reckon this is part of what is winding Wellens up, it's just not really football is it.

Looking at their squad and given our defensive issues I'd expect us to get rolled over today. I'd be very happy with a point but I'm optimistically going for a 0-2 defeat. That will teach me for finding "Sunderland till I die" so funny.
Panda Paws

« Reply #46 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 09:09:27 »

You're right. They're all just barely glorified pre season games at this point and interest is defo starting to be lost.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 09:19:22 »

Loss 0-3

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 09:20:47 »

Can’t see past a loss here really...still going to watch it with a hint of optimism though..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 09:21:40 »

Loss 0-3
Yep, I cant see past a defeat with no new signings on deadline day and so many injuries. its not being defeatest its being a realist.

Can’t see past a loss here really...still going to watch it with a hint of optimism though..
I always watch with an element of optimism. Who knows they could have a massive off day and we just click and thrash them.......maybe....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 09:23:43 »

Negative Nancies.

3-0 win.

FUCK YEAH!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 09:30:55 »

Negative Nancies.

3-0 win.

FUCK YEAH!
I truly think even if we had signed just 1 new player on deadline day that I would have had some more optimism. I just think we are struggling fitness wise not neccesarily quality wise, and our defence scare me, its the Kevin Keegan school of football.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 09:46:34 »

Change of formation I hear......
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 09:50:16 »

Change of formation I hear......

Is Johnny match fit now

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 09:56:26 »

At the risk of upsetting the neighbours, I miss being able to celebrate a goal properly.

We have quality going forward.
Just need to take the chances when they come and defend properly.
Phil Parkinson has won 5 of 19 league games when managing against us so I'm sure that he'll be shitting himself on the quiet.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 09:56:42 »

We're gonna get pumped.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 10:00:27 »

At the risk of upsetting the neighbours, I miss being able to celebrate a goal properly.

Every goal, any moment where I shout about the ref, my other half moans at me and tells me to calm down. She now disappears off upstairs when it's on. Kids don't want to sit and watch the games either.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 10:05:54 »

I think we will go with

Kovar
Caddis   Odimayo   Grounds    Donohue
         Grant        M Smith
Stevens          Payne          J Smith
              Smith

I have a feeling DJ will miss out on a starting slot.

Swindon 1-2 Sunderland
I think that is exactly what we will go with. But I think that Sunderland are probably better at the back than what we have seen thus far. I think it may well be 0-2.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 10:22:09 »

Is Johnny match fit now

He is getting there, probably about 80%, bear in mind he was in L2 and they never played for 4 months, so match fitness was the issue as he generally is a fitness freak anyway and eats the right food and doesnt really drink.  Too Cool Cheesy Cheesy
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, October 17, 2020, 10:39:15 »

He is getting there, probably about 80%, bear in mind he was in L2 and they never played for 4 months, so match fitness was the issue as he generally is a fitness freak anyway and eats the right food and doesnt really drink.  Too Cool Cheesy Cheesy

Cheers for the update

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: