Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Sunderland Matchday Thread  (Read 20905 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 08:21:56 »

Any news on Palmer and why does everything go to the last few hours of deadline day when they've had weeks to do business🤔

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 08:30:00 »

Always bitter at being in Newcastle's shadow. Horrible club.

That said we'll do well to get anything from the game.

And Middlesbrough's to be fair.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 08:36:02 »

2-1 win, Caddis & J.Smith

I come from a land down-under
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 08:49:37 »

Again, I am sad to say that this has away win written all over it.

Sad all over?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 08:51:03 »

Sad all over?

Haway the lads

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 09:09:39 »

Wannabe Geordies.
We’ll beat them.

Just to pick up on that Mackems are far from wannabe Geordies, they hate Geordies as much as Newcastle natives hate them. Its the hinterland area that tends to try to be Geordies when they aren't, got a mate from Washington who claims to be a Geordie, hates it when I confirm he is a Mackem, he's a good lad though!

We are gonna ship at least 3 so unless we discover how to hit a cows arse with a banjo we are fucked, followed by a Wellens interview moaning about lack of bodies and the injury prone players he signed mysteriously being injured! 
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 09:13:30 »

Just to pick up on that Mackems are far from wannabe Geordies, they hate Geordies as much as Newcastle natives hate them. Its the hinterland area that tends to try to be Geordies when they aren't, got a mate from Washington who claims to be a Geordie, hates it when I confirm he is a Mackem, he's a good lad though!

We are gonna ship at least 3 so unless we discover how to hit a cows arse with a banjo we are fucked, followed by a Wellens interview moaning about lack of bodies and the injury prone players he signed mysteriously being injured! 

Knew some Mackems at university and can confirm that they have little regard for 'geordie twats'.

Nothing to see here
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 09:53:01 »

I’m well aware, which is why I said it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #23 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 09:57:52 »

Caddis training this morning.

I think we'll have a good response to last week and be bouyed by some late signings. I also think having Tyler up top will give us much more energy in the press, as well some genuine movement. Will be a seriously tough game, but think a score draw.

If we have a fit RB, it's a big call to pick three from four behind the striker. Time for a big performance from J Smith I think - flattered to deceive in the league, and could miss out to Stevens tomorrow.

I'd also love to see Grounds and Akin, not Baudry, but won't happen.

Kovar
Caddis AO Grounds Donohue
         Grant Smith
Stevens   Payne      DJ
              Smith

1-1
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 10:16:29 »

Sunderland are aguably the biggest team in L1 this season (and last season) the best ground, the highest average support(30,000), the most FA cup wins (2x) and league title wins (6x) the club do have a massive history and are hugely underachieving.

Between the teams in recent years (since 1989) we have had 3 defeats in the last 12 game between the sides with us winning 5 and 4 ending as draws.

Overall We have beaten Sunderland 9 times, 6 have been draws and 13 defeats with us scoring 34 times and them 49.

But in home games vs the Mackems we have the upper hand with 7 wins, 3 draws and 3 defeats in the 13 competitive games between the teams, us scoring 21 times and conceding 14. The last meeting at the CG being a 1-1 draw in 1998 with Onoura scoring for the Town.

Sunderland have started the season fairly strongly with 2 wins and 2 draws in the first 4 league games, draws vs Bristol Rovers and Charlton and wins vs Peterborough and the Pox, scoring 4 goals and conceding just 1 in the process.

There are no players with a Swindon connection in the Sunderland side and no Swindon players with a Sunderland connection either. The only connectiong being our beloved owner LP played 3 games on loan for Sunderland back in 1993.

Phil Parkinson prefers to play a direct long ball game as opposed to Swindons passing style, getting the ball forwards quickly and relying on a very strong packed defence normally with 5 accross the back, something many Sunderland fans don't seem too keen on reading their forum. Normally a 532 or 541 but with wingbacks.

Some of the memorable games vs Sunderland over the years.

Swindon 4-1 Sunderland in 89.

Swindon 5-3 Sunderland in 91.

THE Wembley final Swindon 1-0 Sunderland when we mullered them.

Plus our only win up in the North courtesy of Zippys winning goal.

I think we will go with

Kovar
Caddis   Odimayo   Grounds    Donohue
         Grant        M Smith
Stevens          Payne          J Smith
              Smith

I have a feeling DJ will miss out on a starting slot.

Swindon 1-2 Sunderland

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 10:42:25 »

I have a feeling DJ will miss out on a starting slot.

Annie Martin doesn't seem to be a regular starter for the women's team either, the curse of TEF sponsorship strikes again!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 11:09:08 »

Caddis training this morning.

I think we'll have a good response to last week and be bouyed by some late signings. I also think having Tyler up top will give us much more energy in the press, as well some genuine movement. Will be a seriously tough game, but think a score draw.

If we have a fit RB, it's a big call to pick three from four behind the striker. Time for a big performance from J Smith I think - flattered to deceive in the league, and could miss out to Stevens tomorrow.

I'd also love to see Grounds and Akin, not Baudry, but won't happen.

Kovar
Caddis AO Grounds Donohue
         Grant Smith
Stevens   Payne      DJ
              Smith

1-1

We signing Grant Smith PP? Wink

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 11:26:29 »

Some of the memorable games vs Sunderland over the years.

Swindon 4-1 Sunderland in 89.

Swindon 5-3 Sunderland in 91.

THE Wembley final Swindon 1-0 Sunderland when we mullered them.

Plus our only win up in the North courtesy of Zippys winning goal.

Went to all of those JJ, some of my all time favourite games there. All classics for different reasons...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #28 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 11:28:13 »

Went to all of those JJ, some of my all time favourite games there. All classics for different reasons...
Absolutely mate, I was at all of them too, a real high point in supporting the Town, at heights we may never achieve again, but we all hope.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, October 16, 2020, 11:49:33 »

Always bitter at being in Newcastle's shadow. Horrible club.

That said we'll do well to get anything from the game.

Couldn’t be more wrong.
Superb loyal fans, detest the Black and Whites like our hatred of the Pox.
After that 1990 game their Supporters were absolutely magnificent. Love the NE like, real people and real passion regarding their football clubs.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: