Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Property/Moving thread  (Read 35396 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 13:19:39 »

I'm doing some odd repairs where needed here and there and will give a quick vacuum once the house is empty but that will be it. Buyer will probably change everything when they move in anyway so bit of a false economy.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 13:59:36 »

Many of the properties I have purchased over the years have been left in a shocking state.  As a matter of personal pride, I like to  hand over a property in a clean and tidy state of repair.  Not everyone seems to take that view.

Its a matter of morals IMO. I will clean as much as i can, as best i can.

Moving from a 4 bed detached with garage to a two bed mid terrace (shes going to a 3 bed with Garage)...This means i am being ruthless with all the 'crap' thats been accumulated, i have to be!

All stuff 'going through' NHBC certificates and all that bollocks. I am hoping for end of Feb.

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 14:01:06 »

Many of the properties I have purchased over the years have been left in a shocking state.  As a matter of personal pride, I like to  hand over a property in a clean and tidy state of repair.  Not everyone seems to take that view.

Yeah I agree. We are probably going overboard by getting a deep clean but for piece of mind I'm happy enough.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 14:52:41 »

To be honest I'm now not totally sure about the using the phone as a Hotspot. For some reason I thought it was outlawed but now I am wondering if that's all in my tiny little mind.

The 3/4G signal in our flat is absolutely bobbins so I never got the chance to try when Virgin kept going down last year. I'm sure I'll work something out, cheers for the suggestions though.

You're welcome man.

Another idea (if for some reason your phone IS preventing you from creating a hotspot (just makes me think of Barrymore) or signal. Maybe just buy the cheapest smartphone that can enable hotspots, then get a cheap PAYG Sim with the ridiculous data offers 80GB+ P/M for about £15/20. Probs looking at £40/50 layout and will save you much inconvenience without any worry on usage.

It may seem a bit arse about tit way of going about it but just an option. Also remember 02 give you access to their WiFi hotspots too. Failing that you might have to sit outside a McDs with a soggy Mac...  No

Our excitement is building now...

A bit like a kid at Christmas at the moment!  Girl Giggle

I'm kind of excited a bit for you. Is that sad? Nah fuck 'em. If anyone deserves a new break from the smoke it's you. I can see Mrs Bob and yourself really flourishing in a bit more quieter life. Sunny barge hires down the Grand Union Canal await Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 15:02:02 »

Its all a bit of a minefield, when I had to sell my mums place after she went into care I was selling a property in south Wales while based up here which was a bit of a ball ache. We ended up selling over 6 months after I last saw the place (when we had put it on the market).

It transpired that when the buyer moved in the heating wasn't working, cue them kicking off as the sellers questionnaire had stated that it did work (it did when I last ran it!) yet they had had multiple viewings after I had, including insisting on a final one which pushed exchange back a couple of weeks and knew I hadn't seen the place in months.

TBH we went back with Caveat emptor as they had ample opportunity to test such things knoing they hadn't been run for months.

Likewise when we bought this place it nearly burnt down between exchange and completion. It was empty (we have only ever bought houses following deaths) the electric supply into the place failed and caught fire, thankfully it was into the garage and the neighbour saw the interior of the garage was flickering and called the fire brigade, thankfully ENWL sorted that as it was their infrastructure at fault!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 15:41:03 »

Yeah the seller's property information form is an important document and you can be sued in misrep depending on your replies.  Failure to disclose disputes with neighbours is a common issue.

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 16:22:22 »

With one of my previous moves I was left with a dustbin full (and I mean full) of cat shit.
You should have emptied that before you left really, 4D. Poor form.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Friday, January 8, 2021, 16:56:30 »

You should have emptied that before you left really, 4D. Poor form.

Im surprised he didnt sell it!!!

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 10:55:36 »

Moved out of London yesterday and waiting for the keys to our new gaff now. Seems like a age since we accepted an offer on our flat in August but looking forward to the next chapter.

I think any visit to the CG is going to have to involve the car going forwards, (I used to get the train to Didcot to meet my dad who lives in Wantage) but away games in London and in Northampton and the Midlands should be more than feasible.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 13:37:12 »

Happy days mate. Good times await Mr & Mrs Orange!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 13:42:38 »

My first house, in Moredon, was a very quick move - we were in less than 4 weeks after looking - pressure was on as our rented place was being sold.  Speed was of the essence, so we had to find places with sellers willing to go quickly and no chain.  That led to some fun on moving in - the entirely full set of sheds with rubbish was one thing, but the whip left in the bedside drawers was another!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 14:21:29 »

Didn't you have time to pack them?  Smiley
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 14:53:17 »

Sorry to hijack the thread but i'm in the process of looking for a rental property and my boss put me in touch with her Dad who was a good friend of my Dad's growing up, who has a fair few houses in Swindon. I'm going to view one of them in a couple of days but these are all self managed rather than agency managed. If i were to go ahead with it, is there anything i should be asking/making sure is in place before committing to anything. I've never rented before so its all alien to me.
Thanks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 16:16:00 »

As a landlord, you have to comply with 'the law' if you use an agent or self manage.

Presumably you want to know the length of the initial fixed term, deposit amount and rent etc.  I assume they will also have a written AST agreement for you to sign (although you can still create a tenancy without one).

Landlords have to secure your deposit and provide certain information at the start of the tenancy (if they don't they can't serve a section 21 notice). That info includes an EPC, gas safe certificate and the current how to rent guide. They also have to give prescribed information regarding the deposit and where it is held etc.

In addition, they have to confirm that you have right to rent.

There is loads of helpful guidance on the world wide web.

Nothing to see here
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 17:00:50 »

As a landlord, you have to comply with 'the law' if you use an agent or self manage.

Presumably you want to know the length of the initial fixed term, deposit amount and rent etc.  I assume they will also have a written AST agreement for you to sign (although you can still create a tenancy without one).

Landlords have to secure your deposit and provide certain information at the start of the tenancy (if they don't they can't serve a section 21 notice). That info includes an EPC, gas safe certificate and the current how to rent guide. They also have to give prescribed information regarding the deposit and where it is held etc.

In addition, they have to confirm that you have right to rent.

There is loads of helpful guidance on the world wide web.
Cool, thanks for that. It will all be above board im sure, i just want to make sure im not leaving myself open to unneeded headaches.
By "right to rent" is that just that I'm in the country legally etc?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: