Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Property/Moving thread  (Read 35398 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 09:33:17 »

I know some of us are in the process of moving so its a bit of a relief that the govt have announced that house moves can still go ahead.

We are waiting for confirmation of our moving date but we are now in a chain which is moving along nicely so fingers crossed we'll be out of London in just over a month!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 14:46:34 »

I know some of us are in the process of moving so its a bit of a relief that the govt have announced that house moves can still go ahead.

We are waiting for confirmation of our moving date but we are now in a chain which is moving along nicely so fingers crossed we'll be out of London in just over a month!

The problem I have is we have just had an offer on our property but can't find one

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 14:49:22 »

The problem I have is we have just had an offer on our property but can't find one

hmmm, yeah that's a bit of challenge.

As JBZ stated before it does look like house prices are going to drop in 2021 so it could be worth renting short term so you could get more bang for your buck in 6 months or so? I know the Stamp Duty Holiday ends in March 2021 but the reduced prices could more than offset that. Its all a gamble of course.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 15:22:00 »

I would take that. I suspect that values will start to fall in the near future.

With Covid ongoing and Brexit in the post I would suggest its a foregone conclusion.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 15:30:49 »

It's a difficult one as I don't want to get stuck in rented accommodation for six months or more at a cost of approx £1000 per month then find I can't find anything suitable

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 16:23:11 »

It's a difficult one as I don't want to get stuck in rented accommodation for six months or more at a cost of approx £1000 per month then find I can't find anything suitable

It is a difficult decision and taking a gamble on rented/short term accommodation won't be for everyone.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 16:26:50 »

It is a difficult decision and taking a gamble on rented/short term accommodation won't be for everyone.

What would be ideal at the moment is for the government to extend the non stamp duty until the end of June as I can't imagine anyone buying in mid late Jan is going to complete by the 31st March plus things are going to slow right down now because of lockdown and Xmas

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 19:25:24 »

When this weird house bubble bursts, that is ongoing currently, boy it will burst. Huge buyers market. All those rushing to by a property to save on stamp duty will likely have purchased a property they don't really want. I am seeing and hearing of people putting offers in after one viewing. Crazy. Then they'll be stuck with a devalued property when the market slumps.

When it does slump, it's not going to recover for a long time. The market is very artificial atm.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 19:33:19 »

You could be right and the only ones who will be ok will be mortgage free so if they want to downsize the smaller properties will be cheaper too

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 14:50:48 »

Does anyone know in general how long lawyer searches can take? T'internet says 2-3 weeks but given the current climate I just wondered if we have any hope of moving before Christmas!

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 15:35:18 »

Does anyone know in general how long lawyer searches can take? T'internet says 2-3 weeks but given the current climate I just wondered if we have any hope of moving before Christmas!

The issue will be who is working in the places where the searches are directed to rather than the lawyers themselves, for instance I know that many planning department are working on a skeleton staff with majority working from home and imagine many in local charges department will be likewise.

In addition keep hassling your solicitor, from experience they tend to be shite at chasing things up!
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 16:05:56 »

Depends.  I understand local searches can take a while.

Remember, you may not have a solicitor acting for you. A lot of routine conveyancing work isn't done by solicitors.

Nothing to see here
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 16:07:37 »

In addition keep hassling your solicitor, from experience they tend to be shite at chasing things up!

Yep, we have found this over the last 2 weeks or so. They are a nightmare to get any bloody information out of! Caveat - understood that its a very busy time for them, but a quick holding email to say all's good, or i'll get back to you by xxx doesn't take much time or effort.

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 16:09:21 »

Yep, we have found this over the last 2 weeks or so. They are a nightmare to get any bloody information out of! Caveat - understood that its a very busy time for them, but a quick holding email to say all's good, or i'll get back to you by xxx doesn't take much time or effort.

If you used one of the bulk conveyancing outfits recommended to you by an estate agent, I am not surprised by this.

Nothing to see here
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 16:14:11 »

Even more infuriating when the fuckers dont even respond to your email
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: