Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Property/Moving thread  (Read 35402 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, October 15, 2020, 09:42:22 »

I actually quite like my neighbours. But like so many others at the moment we're looking to get out of town to somewhere a bit quieter.

The for sale board should be going up today.

I've be been on the market for around 3 weeks so get ready for the initial surge in viewers and silly offers Yes
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 15, 2020, 09:48:45 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, October 15, 2020, 09:48:14 »

I'm renting in central London, and it feels like everyone I know is trying to move out of the city to somewhere a bit greener (although by our standards, this is just anywhere with a small garden).

Urban house prices are still going up though. I simply don't know how this market works, it's a fucking mystery. Just the stamp duty holiday propping it up?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 15, 2020, 09:51:36 »

I'm renting in central London, and it feels like everyone I know is trying to move out of the city to somewhere a bit greener (although by our standards, this is just anywhere with a small garden).

Urban house prices are still going up though. I simply don't know how this market works, it's a fucking mystery. Just the stamp duty holiday propping it up?

Anyone buying would need to purchase by mid January at the latest to benefit from the free stamp duty. Leave it any later and the chances of exchanging contracts by the end of March is slim unless the government extend it

So, give no fucks
Panda Paws

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 15, 2020, 10:50:58 »

We're in the suburban belt you speak of. Zone 4. Mostly 1930s terrace houses. Prices round here are going crazy and the market is insanely aggressive. We've got friends with a really good budget who just keep missing out on houses going for 5% over asking.

Wil it last? God knows. Everyone has been predicting the stagnation for years. Never seems to happen.
Valid Pint

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 15, 2020, 18:34:00 »

Property is theft.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 11:46:02 »

As of this morning we've had an offer accepted on our new house. Delighted and the Estate Agents we experienced were all a breath of fresh air!

Will be moving to Daventry in December so if anyone knows of any other Town fans around there give me a shout!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 11:47:54 »

As of this morning we've had an offer accepted on our new house. Delighted and the Estate Agents we experienced were all a breath of fresh air!

Will be moving to Daventry in December so if anyone knows of any other Town fans around there give me a shout!

Give them a plug Bob as so many moan about them

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 11:48:37 »

Daventry in Northants?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 11:49:04 »

Daventry in Northants?

Yeah

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 11:49:32 »

We had our first low-ball offer last week. He came back for a second viewing at the weekend, so hoping he'll come back with an improved offer soon.

Apparently his Mrs had been doing some research on local sold prices and noticed a house in the street sold for £30k less than ours is up for around 9 months ago. Rightmove shows it was in a bit of a state and probably needed about £30k worth of work. It's funny how peoples minds get anchored on that kind of thing though, and now they think they'd be overpaying for ours. I'd offer them my time machine so they can skip back 9 months and buy that one if they like, because unless they wait it out there ain't any bargains like that available at the moment.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 11:50:42 »

Give them a plug Bob as so many moan about them

I'm probably overly complimentary as they are just doing their job but apart from one guy who didn't know the answer to any questions, the others were very knowledgable and on the face of it appeared to be passionate about the places we viewed.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 11:53:10 »

We had our first low-ball offer last week. He came back for a second viewing at the weekend, so hoping he'll come back with an improved offer soon.

Apparently his Mrs had been doing some research on local sold prices and noticed a house in the street sold for £30k less than ours is up for around 9 months ago. Rightmove shows it was in a bit of a state and probably needed about £30k worth of work. It's funny how peoples minds get anchored on that kind of thing though, and now they think they'd be overpaying for ours. I'd offer them my time machine so they can skip back 9 months and buy that one if they like, because unless they wait it out there ain't any bargains like that available at the moment.

I've had three low-ball offers over the last month but I won't budge as it's priced accordingly and not desperate to sell

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 11:54:13 »

I'm probably overly complimentary as they are just doing their job but apart from one guy who didn't know the answer to any questions, the others were very knowledgable and on the face of it appeared to be passionate about the places we viewed.

Fair point and it's not as if they don't get much money for the sale😁

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 12:03:58 »

My experience in the past has always been that Estate Agents are a pain in the fucking arse.  The process appears to be over the top flattery to try and get the listing, pop it online, then simply mail out the existing database of seekers they have, then cross fingers.

I thought they were overpaid and useless, then I moved over here.  The Seller and the Buyer both get an agent and the fee is fixed at 6% shared between both!!!

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 12:05:55 »

Fair point and it's not as if they don't get much money for the sale😁

I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about good/bad customer service having worked in that industry and I think its something I really regard as important.

I'm fully aware that these people benefit from a sale, I (probably naievely) just felt that I trusted them.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: