Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Property/Moving thread  (Read 35405 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 12:11:41 »

I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about good/bad customer service having worked in that industry and I think its something I really regard as important.

I'm fully aware that these people benefit from a sale, I (probably naievely) just felt that I trusted them.

Talking about trust has the agent show a client around Saturday and when I got home noticed that a couple of things had been moved and a tap turned on. Surely with Covid etc they're not supposed to touch anything other than door handles

So, give no fucks
china red

« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 12:16:47 »

As of this morning we've had an offer accepted on our new house. Delighted and the Estate Agents we experienced were all a breath of fresh air!

Will be moving to Daventry in December so if anyone knows of any other Town fans around there give me a shout!

I live 15 mins drive from Dav, I really like it, enough of everything you’d need, close to M1 and M40
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 26, 2020, 12:35:00 »

I live 15 mins drive from Dav, I really like it, enough of everything you’d need, close to M1 and M40

Thanks China Red, that's a relief! We have been to the town twice and your summation is exactly as we thought. We actually had a decent Sunday roast yesterday, and there is a Weatherspoons that actually doesn't look rough and unwelcoming!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 21:39:25 »

Anyone purchased a brand new house and exchanged their property with the delevopers and if so were they offered close to the market value or was there a big difference.

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 21:56:01 »

If you get market value you are probably paying over the odds for the new dwelling.

Nothing to see here
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 21:58:12 »

I wouldn't buy a new build personally purely because of estate service charges.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, October 30, 2020, 22:03:17 »

I wouldn't buy a new build personally purely because of estate service charges.

That is a big concern especially on top of Council tax

So, give no fucks
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 06:00:01 »

That is a big concern especially on top of Council tax

The issue is that you don't have the same statutory rights as leasehold owners of flats. 

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 06:47:05 »

The issue is that you don't have the same statutory rights as leasehold owners of flats. 

Good point

So, give no fucks
Barry Scott

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 07:20:17 »

If it’s leasehold run and don’t ever stop running.

Even the new “fleecehold” houses sold as freehold are a joke. Be very careful.

I recall a persimmon “freehold” with £45 to change/fit a doorbell. And a £1000 application fee if you wanted to sell. My missus mate lives in one where the fees double every 10 years. It’ll become unsaleable.

Join this group and take a look:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/786983251448976
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 07:22:57 »

Aye, I just moved out of a freehold - paid £100 a year maintenance fees for the maintaining the grounds which a) they barely did and b) was in addition to council tax. And then charged £400 for a ‘moving pack’ when we sold - which as far as I can tell was a bunch of leaflets and publicly available documents

Things get better but they never get good
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 07:26:27 »

Aye, I just moved out of a freehold - paid £100 a year maintenance fees for the maintaining the grounds which a) they barely did and b) was in addition to council tax. And then charged £400 for a ‘moving pack’ when we sold - which as far as I can tell was a bunch of leaflets and publicly available documents

Sounds such a rip off and was that in Swindon 

So, give no fucks
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 09:39:54 »

Leasehold, surely?
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 09:44:45 »

Leasehold, surely?

Nope. Estate service charges and positive obligations to pay certain fees are common on freehold properties on new build estates.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 09:47:17 »

Nope. Estate service charges and positive obligations to pay certain fees are common on freehold properties on new build estates.

I can bouch for that in TGV new build development in Swindon all 1800 homes pay approx £20-25 per month service fees

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: