Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Property/Moving thread  (Read 36080 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 11:47:34 »

100% with you here.
We Got very lucky finding just that property before it went on the open market.
Surrounded by trees and a paddock.
Garden was a complete jungle and managed to get a mini digger in to clear the lot.
Sitting in the garden Summer nights with no neighbours is pure heaven.

That was our motivation for moving as well. Living in central London in a flat really does start to lose appeal the older you get!

Can’t wait to experienced a quieter life!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 12:21:08 »

That was our motivation for moving as well. Living in central London in a flat really does start to lose appeal the older you get!

Can’t wait to experienced a quieter life!!

As daft as it sounds BO, you'll both really "hear" the silence more. Just when you pause to think or sit down...that "can you hear that" moment will happen. A moment of nothing but silence with a smidge of nature thrown in - a chirping Wren or chortling Song Thrush and a warming gentle breeze; a mooing cow or hinny from a mare and a waft of freshly trimmed lawn clippings.

Enjoy, less than 3 weeks to go Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 12:25:20 »

Re: solicitors, I spoke to a few mortgage broker friends who said that all conveyancers are as bad as each other at the moment. They can't cope with the volume of work and prioritise the punters who shout the loudest.

I've gone with an online firm called Juno who seem pretty decent so far *touches wood*.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 12:29:30 »

As daft as it sounds BO, you'll both really "hear" the silence more. Just when you pause to think or sit down...that "can you hear that" moment will happen. A moment of nothing but silence with a smidge of nature thrown in - a chirping Wren or chortling Song Thrush and a warming gentle breeze; a mooing cow or hinny from a mare and a waft of freshly trimmed lawn clippings.

Enjoy, less than 3 weeks to go Smiley

Cheers Bamboo. In the summer when my dad was in Scotland we stayed at his house in Wantage for a week and we just loved it. Something so nice about going for a walk in the country and being able to pop into a rural pub for a pint of two and just take in the countryside ambience!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, December 21, 2020, 10:52:25 »

Cheers for all of the suggestions re solicitors.

JQ - I suppose it doesn't necessarily need to be in Swindon, especially as you can't really visit face to face at the moment anyway.

And Banbury, exactly - looking forward to a quieter life.  We have found a place on the outskirts of Faringdon, that has neighbours, but not as attached as we are at the moment.  It also looks out onto a nice quiet, vast wooded area that there is no risk to be built on in the future.

Whether we will get this done before March 31st is questionable, but we are in a strong position to negotiate with the seller so I am relaxed about the situation.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 12:03:03 »

Finally we appear to be in a state to exchange and complete now! Our buyer’s lawyers have been ridiculously slow and we very nearly pulled out as we had a cash buyer ready to step in which would have seen us better off financially. However my wife has been ‘gazumped’ before so we’ve stayed true to our buyers and we finally have the thing all agreed.

Moving on 12th January now and literally cannot wait. These have been the most stressful weeks imaginable, the wife can barely sleep so just looking forward to getting back to some level of ‘normality’ which in itself isn’t really feasible in these times!

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 12:08:22 »

Finally we appear to be in a state to exchange and complete now! Our buyer’s lawyers have been ridiculously slow and we very nearly pulled out as we had a cash buyer ready to step in which would have seen us better off financially. However my wife has been ‘gazumped’ before so we’ve stayed true to our buyers and we finally have the thing all agreed.

Moving on 12th January now and literally cannot wait. These have been the most stressful weeks imaginable, the wife can barely sleep so just looking forward to getting back to some level of ‘normality’ which in itself isn’t really feasible in these times!
Now is the time when you realise how much junk you've accumulated over the years.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 12:13:51 »

Looks like I have just sold this morning after the house eventually getting on the Market on Friday (4 days after 4 views).  Got asking price from a buyer that is sold with no chain and motivated to move ahead of the Stamp Duty holiday ending.  Buyers Solicitors are aligned, and we are looking at going with the solicitors that the building company recommended because it should save us some time because all searches on our new property are all in their hands already.

Fingers crossed we have done everything that we can to make this as smooth as possible and be in by March 31st.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 12:29:17 »

Looks like I have just sold this morning after the house eventually getting on the Market on Friday (4 days after 4 views).  Got asking price from a buyer that is sold with no chain and motivated to move ahead of the Stamp Duty holiday ending.  Buyers Solicitors are aligned, and we are looking at going with the solicitors that the building company recommended because it should save us some time because all searches on our new property are all in their hands already.

Fingers crossed we have done everything that we can to make this as smooth as possible and be in by March 31st.

Well drilled ne mate and hopefully you will get completed by the end of March but the way the country is a team the moment none of us know what's going to happen

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 13:25:10 »

Sold my house yesterday after 3 days on the market which was a nice surprise. Buying an executive new build on a 5 house development near Tewkesbury that’s something a bit different.Would be nice to complete by March as stamp duty will £26k then vs £10k now but ultimately matters not in grand scheme of things.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 15:27:44 »

Now is the time when you realise how much junk you've accumulated over the years.

Never a truer word...

I have accumulated tonnes of crap...

Going through it can be fun, finding stuff you thought you had lost. Most of it a load of old shit though.

Clems Army!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 15:40:29 »

Sold my house yesterday after 3 days on the market which was a nice surprise. Buying an executive new build on a 5 house development near Tewkesbury that’s something a bit different.Would be nice to complete by March as stamp duty will £26k then vs £10k now but ultimately matters not in grand scheme of things.

#humblebrag
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 15:44:41 »

Has it got an extender, a lofty dual aspect and a healthy patina?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2020, 15:50:53 »

We actually did a bit of a de-clutter earlier this year when we decided to move so did manage to get rid of a lot of stuff and also put some in storeage.

But yes, in essence you are correct!

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 10:34:57 »

#humblebrag

Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: