Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Property/Moving thread  (Read 36042 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, December 4, 2020, 20:44:35 »

We accepted an offer on ours last week and have had an offer accepted on a new place today Beers

Although Wiltshire council are apparently taking NINE WEEKS for local searches.

Fingers crossed we complete before April.

Wow 9 weeks is a lifetime! We got the last of our searches back yesterday (took just under 2 weeks).

Looking to exchange next week and all going well we should be moving on either the 16th or 17th.

But Jesus moving is one stressful expensive experience!

On and congrats by the way!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 09:52:36 »

Needless to say for those that are house hunting etc, make sure you do your homework re which conveyancy firm you use. Our buyers appear to be using the solicitor equivalent of STFC and they have slowed down the process so much that we might not be able to move this year now.

We found out who they were last week and their Trust Pilot reviews are shockingly bad.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 10:43:03 »

Me and Ms Flash are going our separate ways. Not married (this time) so its just the house to be sold.

Going to be living oppo ends of town.

Sold a few weeks back.

Just had a mail from the Solicitor as searches are starting blah blah.

Looks like the Solicitors are covering themselves with a 'we cannot confirm it will all be done by the time the Stamp duty window expires...'..

Clems Army!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 13:33:39 »

Needless to say for those that are house hunting etc, make sure you do your homework re which conveyancy firm you use. Our buyers appear to be using the solicitor equivalent of STFC and they have slowed down the process so much that we might not be able to move this year now.

We found out who they were last week and their Trust Pilot reviews are shockingly bad.

The same with our buyers. Offer accepted and solicitors instructed over three weeks ago, my solicitors haven't heard anything from theirs yet.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 14:44:47 »

The same with our buyers. Offer accepted and solicitors instructed over three weeks ago, my solicitors haven't heard anything from theirs yet.
Unimpressive but there may be circumstances where they are awaiting the return of written client instructions and i.d and "money on account" even, before contacting yours.  

So far as you are concerned, you will need to have completed property information forms and fixtures and fittings forms, so that your own solicitors are ready to send this out to your buyers solicitors, with a draft contract, as soon as they do hear.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 14:46:44 by RedRag » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 15:57:16 »

Me and Ms Flash are going our separate ways. Not married (this time) so its just the house to be sold.

Going to be living oppo ends of town.

Sold a few weeks back.

Just had a mail from the Solicitor as searches are starting blah blah.

Looks like the Solicitors are covering themselves with a 'we cannot confirm it will all be done by the time the Stamp duty window expires...'..

The agent that I'm using told me yesterday they are telling clients to prepare to pay the stamp duty as everything now is taking around 12 weeks to complete ans they haven't heard anything to suggest the government will extend the holiday

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 15:06:23 »

Anyone got any recommendations for decent solicitors to use in or around Swindon for house moving?  I have used some before but didn't have a brilliant experience last times around so looking for a decent word of mouth recommendation to try somebody new.  No Solicitors are reasonably priced I know, but the more reasonable the better obviously Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Panda Paws

« Reply #112 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 16:07:47 »

Royds Withy King were excellent for us.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 19:50:53 »

Anyone who is thinking of risking passing it on dont. I've had it for 4 days now and it's brutal, can do little else but lie there groaning waiting for you next set of tablets. Worse bits are the constant cramps and the real bad taste of food and liquids on the rare occasion you feel hungry. In the last 24 hours I've managed a grand total of 30 minutes upright.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 19:54:38 »

Shows how fucked up i am wrong thread
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 20:08:05 »

Anyone got any recommendations for decent solicitors to use in or around Swindon for house moving?  I have used some before but didn't have a brilliant experience last times around so looking for a decent word of mouth recommendation to try somebody new.  No Solicitors are reasonably priced I know, but the more reasonable the better obviously Cheesy

Does it have to be a Swindon solicitor as I'm in the process of selling and my agent has given me a decent contact who is slightly cheaper than the quotes I had locally and there's nothing to pa you uprfont and if it falls through even on the day there is no fee

So, give no fucks
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 11:01:18 »

I used BLB solicitors, had Jas. They were/she was very good

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 11:03:38 »

Relieve to read that tier 4 rules still mean that moving can happen.

We’re pushing for a 4th Jan move but may have to settle for the 8th.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 11:04:02 »

Pooleys did fine for me.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, December 20, 2020, 11:25:03 »

Yeah we are looking for the same, move either completely rural within reasonable distance of Swindon, or one of the surrounding villages.  Needs to be detached and tick as many boxes as possible that we are looking for.

We already have a few possibles on our list..  I just don't want neighbours ruining my life..

100% with you here.
We Got very lucky finding just that property before it went on the open market.
Surrounded by trees and a paddock.
Garden was a complete jungle and managed to get a mini digger in to clear the lot.
Sitting in the garden Summer nights with no neighbours is pure heaven.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: