Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Wimbledon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 19217 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:52:59 »

Do we train on tarmac?

I was thinking more barefoot on gravel

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:54:23 »

Crikey.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:55:19 »

Conroy isn’t going to play much this season, is he?
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:59:08 »

Conroy isn’t going to play much this season, is he?

Will he ever play again, I have my doubts now. Even if the op is a tidy up that’ll be 6/8 weeks before he can even start to train.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 14:01:29 »

Bare bones defence for tomorrow then, Odimayo isn't fully fit yet too.

Grounds and Baudry/Fryers CB. Donoghue RB and Iandolo LB (or Vice Versa)?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 14:03:29 »

Donoghue RB and Iandolo LB (or Vice Versa)?

Injured
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 14:03:50 »

Will he ever play again, I have my doubts now. Even if the op is a tidy up that’ll be 6/8 weeks before he can even start to train.

Yeah sadly I think DC might have to be calling it a day on the footall front unfortunately. A bad knee injury on BOTH legs and now an achilles problem. Sounds like he's just going to be highly unfortunate and his legs aren't going to play ball. Sad as he was a talented player.

Clearly I hope he proves me wrong, it must be devestating for him.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 14:03:57 »

Grounds and Baudry/Fryers CB. Donoghue RB and Iandolo LB (or Vice Versa)?

Isn't Iandolo a non starter with his knee problem

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 14:05:26 »

Isn't Iandolo a non starter with his knee problem

I couldn't think of anyone else! In that case, how about this.....

Grounds I think can play LB so could be Fryers/Baudry at CB, Grounds LB and Donohue RB. Anthony Grant at CB if the worst comes to the worst.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 14:10:24 »

If Fryers is out, then Grounds will fit in alongside Baudry.  Donohue at left back, then you only have one position with a player being out of position at Right Back.  If Stevens can play, he could fill that role - he has played further back as a youngster I think.

In front of that lot, it still looks pretty good going forward - Smith, Grant, Smith, Payne, DJ, Pitman/Smith.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 14:11:29 »

If Fryers is out, then Grounds will fit in alongside Baudry.  Donohue at left back, then you only have one position with a player being out of position at Right Back.  If Stevens can play, he could fill that role - he has played further back as a youngster I think.

In front of that lot, it still looks pretty good going forward - Smith, Grant, Smith, Payne, DJ, Pitman/Smith.

You are much better than me at this!! Smiley

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 14:13:13 »

I couldn't think of anyone else! In that case, how about this.....

Grounds I think can play LB so could be Fryers/Baudry at CB, Grounds LB and Donohue RB. Anthony Grant at CB if the worst comes to the worst.

Unless Wellens is telling porkies again! I think right back is the main problem and have no idea on what's happening with Broadbent or his fitness

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #27 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 14:14:13 »

Stevens has a stomach bug.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 14:16:19 »

If Grounds can play centre back and LB he’s likely to be more comfortable at RB than Donohue if we do have to go down that route. We’ll probably get to 2pm and find one of Caddis or Hunt playing and it won’t be an issue.

Tbh if we are short at the back I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point we revert to a back 3 this season with very attacking wing backs similar to the Crewe game last season.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 14:19:59 »

It’s fine, Curran is fit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: