Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Wimbledon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 19223 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 12:02:14 »

Bring on the Wombles.

We will win.

There will be many goals.

Pint
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 12:11:42 »

Don’t think they are the relegation fodder of last season. Still expect us to win - narrowly.

Hopefully not another powder puff second half this time. Tyler Smith has to start.
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 12:13:06 »

If I were Tyler Smith, I think I'd be a tad miffed if I wasn't starting.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 12:29:40 »

Bring on the Wombles.

We will win.

There will be many goals.

Pint

I still have fond memories of plough lane in 1979 during the great league cup run. I expect them to be well drilled and a hard nut to crack with a narrow home victory

* IMG_3373.JPG (78.83 KB, 512x354 - viewed 121 times.)
« Last Edit: Friday, October 9, 2020, 12:36:06 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 12:31:15 »

Anyone else at the FA Cup game at Plough Lane when the wall collapsed behind the goal.
No TV coverage as Jimmy Allan helped me out of the goal net Smiley
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 12:35:20 »

And does Matty Palmer come in from the cold?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 12:40:32 »

Swindon have only beaten this lot once in the last 10 meetings since our previous 4-1 win in 1981, that was a 2-0 home win with Connell and Caddis scoring in 2012, 6 have been draws and Dons winning 3 of them.

So far this season the Dons 1 win 2 draws and 1 defeat in their 4 league matches, scoring 8 and conceding 8, a run of DDWL. Swindon have won 2 drawn 0 and lost 2 scoring 8 and conceding 8 so far by comparison in the league.

They have beaten Fleetwood, drawn with Northampton and Plymouth and lost to Accrington so far.

AFCW currently have no players or staff with any Swindon FC connection and visa versa except out cheif scout Ben Chorley who used to play for them in pre MKD guise.

They are quite a big strong side and mix it up a bit between long ball and passing, in their last 4 games they have looked quite susceptible to crosses going into the box early, they play a style very much like Burton.

Their manager Glyn Hodges with a small peice about the game.

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2020/october/dons-in-good-shape-for-swindon-with-jaakko-part-of-squad/

Dons in good shape for Swindon with Jaakko part of squad

Manager’s update ahead of League One away match

Glyn Hodges has no fresh injury worries ahead of the trip to Swindon Town - and Jaakko Oksanen will be included in the squad instead of going away on international duty.

On-loan Brentford midfielder Jaakko preferred to stay here to play for Wimbledon, rather than be a part of the Finland Under-21 squad for a match in Northern Ireland on Friday, though he will join up with his national side for the game versus Denmark in midweek.

Glyn said: "The plan is for Jaakko to fly out next week and fly back again, so he won’t miss any games for us. We missed him last time and that was due to a problem with the Covid testing. We had to have him tested and wait a day, so we are pleased that won’t happen. He’s here and he’s happy to be here. That’s what we are pleased about, he wants to play."

in his latest update, our manager reported that only Paul Osew  is currently on the treatment table with Ollie Palmer and Jack Rudoni having made good progress in recent weeks.

"It’s tough on the players I have to leave out, we have competition for places, and I am pleased with the squad I have assembled, but someone has to miss out as there are only 11 shirts," added Glyn. "While they will be disappointed, they have to be professional and be ready. That’s the great thing: we are probably one of the only teams to play three EFL Trophy games at a key time. We have got them in at the right time and the lads have got minutes under their belts.

“Jack looked sharp this morning, and he gives us an option. He has missed a lot of pre-season, so he’s probably not quite ready for 90 minutes, but the more he trains the closer he will be to the team.

"Ollie trained with us today, so he is getting closer. Paul Osew has got a hip problem, so he has been out since the Brighton game. That’s a bit longer than anticipated, but he’s having scans to see what it is so that we can put it right."

Glyn is looking forward to the game versus a Swindon side that have adapted well to life in League One, though he couldn't remember scoring twice in one match against the Robins when reminded of that today!

"I liked going there, Swindon was always a nice ground to go to and they were always a hard team to play against. It’s nice to go back there, they are doing well, and they did brilliantly to get promoted last season. I’m expecting a tough game. Swindon will have that confidence after coming up as Champions and whatever the result their confidence will be hard to knock. It’s another game that we will attempt to win.

"We will go there with an idea, we’ve been working on it today – planting some seeds as to how we want to go about things – and we will just put the finishing touches to that tomorrow, so that we are ready to go.”

2-1 defeat with Pitman scoring.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 12:49:35 »

Anyone else at the FA Cup game at Plough Lane when the wall collapsed behind the goal.
No TV coverage as Jimmy Allan helped me out of the goal net Smiley
Remember getting off the coach and all my secreted cans fell onto the pavement right at the feet of Plod.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:02:56 »

A defence made up of TEF ex chain smokers would have performed better on Tuesday night.
Hopefully some work has been done in training this week.

A win would be the most the important thing with a clean sheet as a bonus.
Would take the 3 points and save the clean sheet for 24th Oct.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:29:57 »

This looks like an away win

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:50:54 »

FOOTBALL : Lengthening injury list for @Official_STFC manager Richie Wellens “Caddis hamstring 2/3wks, Conroy achilles op today, Fryers, Hunt potential back stress fracture,  Iandolo knee, Lyden pulled calf 2/3wks, Stevens stomach bug” #stfc
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:51:04 »

Fucking hell!

From BBC Wilts - Lengthening injury list for @Official_STFC manager Richie Wellens “Caddis hamstring 2/3wks, Conroy achilles op today, Fryers, Hunt potential back stress fracture,  Iandolo knee, Lyden pulled calf 2/3wks, Stevens stomach bug” #stfc
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:51:34 »

Do we train on tarmac?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:52:12 »

or buy bulsawood players
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:52:16 »

Bare bones defence for tomorrow then, Odimayo isn't fully fit yet too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: