Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread (Mickey Mouse Trophy)  (Read 14074 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 20:16:31 »

What did he say?

Basically what we already know and that individual errors are costing us at the moment, lots of defensive work needed, close to one or two signings but no names, interested in the Leeds lad but there's lots of other teams after him, Palmer played well and if he dosen't go will be in the squad fighting for a first team slot like everyone else and that we were good going forward and Broadbent never got a mention.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 20:22:02 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 20:18:32 »

Nobody has suggested he is, i suggested someone in his style of blood and guts defending would help us, nothing more.

I don't buy this 'blood and guts' bs. You just need to have some defensive ability.

I haven't seen enough of Grounds since joining the club but I would have thought that he should bring some quality to the side.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 20:23:52 »

I don't buy this 'blood and guts' bs. You just need to have some defensive ability.

I haven't seen enough of Grounds since joining the club but I would have thought that he should bring some quality to the side.

I don't think it's the blood and guts literally just his comittment in challenges etc may inspire others around him

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 20:33:45 »

I don't think it's the blood and guts literally just his comittment in challenges etc may inspire others around him
Good defenders shouldn't be making 'blood and guts' challenges... the best defenders are the ones that just seem to be in the right place at the right time, much like goal poachers.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 20:35:12 »

Good defenders shouldn't be making 'blood and guts' challenges... the best defenders are the ones that just seem to be in the right place at the right time, much like goal poachers.

I don't think we're blessed with good defenders

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 20:43:34 »

I don't think we're blessed with good defenders
Clearly and the same would apply if we brought in someone like Nelson, he's not very good.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 20:58:55 »

Are we out of this bloody thing, yet?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 21:03:27 »

Are we out of this bloody thing, yet?

Nope.

We're even still in with a (rather slim) chance of qualifying to the next round, according to todays commentators.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 22:22:22 »

Good defenders won’t be playing in L1.

Also probably a good thing forums weren’t around in Shaun Taylor’s day the uncultured swine.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 00:53:38 »

Good defenders won’t be playing in L1.

Also probably a good thing forums weren’t around in Shaun Taylor’s day the uncultured swine.
Not what I'm saying is it, I'm pointing out that constantly having to throw yourself into tackles isn't necessarily a good thing, but the game has also moved on. There seems a strange love for Nelson seemingly because he went in hard on challenges. I may be in the minority but I thought he was an average league 2 defender at best with zero ability on the ball so wouldn't want him or similar here. Him or similar would be completely out of place our team.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 02:11:54 »

Out last night so decided to just watch extended highlights instead of the whole match. Good shout, me!

What a fucking shit show defensive performance that was. Can’t add any more to the Curran comments - honestly, I reckon a few on here would do better. Has no discernible attributes at all apart from having 2 feet - both left, unfortunately.

I dread to think what would happen if he had to come on as sub in an actual league match.

Wellens keeping up his record of never winning a cup match, as well!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 03:49:18 »

Fryers out for 2/3 weeks

I hope he is back for the fucking derby game
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 08:19:55 »

Out last night so decided to just watch extended highlights instead of the whole match. Good shout, me!

What a fucking shit show defensive performance that was. Can’t add any more to the Curran comments - honestly, I reckon a few on here would do better.

Donkey can head, shout and point at things effectively which seems to be the sum total of what a number of people want from their centre backs.
Panda Paws

« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 08:51:17 »

Donkey can head, shout and point at things effectively which seems to be the sum total of what a number of people want from their centre backs.

Don't forget they must "be commited" too - something which are current defenders apparently aren't.
Flashheart

« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 08:53:29 »

PASSSHHHHHEEEERRRRRNNNN!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: