Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread (Mickey Mouse Trophy)  (Read 14083 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 19:40:51 »

Attacking we look very very good at times, always threatening, defending was woeful at best, it was like watching a Williams team defend, nobody willing to clear the ball out of the box despite having the chance to.

Result totally unimportant and it appears no extra injuries.

Donohue will take a few more games to get up to speed. Palmer quite impressive despite being totally 1 footed, hope he gets the move that frees up wages and a place in the squad.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 19:42:23 »

I'm not worried about CB's. Not sure we have anyone outstanding but any combo of Baudry/Conroy/Odimayo/Grounds/Fryers are good enough.

The problem as Wellens has mentioned is the midfield. We got away with Grant and Doughty as two a lot last year with the work rate of Yates to compliment.

Its a league higher and Grant can't bully the opposition in this league. Really need at least one, preferably 2 more all round midfielders before the window closes.

Certainly against some of the stronger teams, that third midfielder to get a bit of possession would be handy.  It's a shame Palmer hasn't worked out - in little flashes you can see a decent player in him and obviously Lyden would be that player if fit.
Panda Paws

« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 19:42:40 »

I'm not worried about CB's. Not sure we have anyone outstanding but any combo of Baudry/Conroy/Odimayo/Grounds/Fryers are good enough.

The problem as Wellens has mentioned is the midfield. We got away with Grant and Doughty as two a lot last year with the work rate of Yates to compliment.

Its a league higher and Grant can't bully the opposition in this league. Really need at least one, preferably 2 more all round midfielders before the window closes.

Bingo. We're desperate at CM. And I'd suggest that when fit, Fryers is an outstanding CB. Certainly the pick of the bunch.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 19:43:23 »

The Palmer situation confuses me. Wellens said if was looking for a midfielder now Palmer is the exact type of player he would be looking at. Yet we have him and dont play him. Is it just a case of doesn't fit, or wants a different option with his wage?

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 19:44:14 »

Palmer seemed alright, maybe he could be this season's Keshi and come back from the brink?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 19:44:48 »

The Palmer situation confuses me. Wellens said if was looking for a midfielder now Palmer is the exact type of player he would be looking at. Yet we have him and dont play him. Is it just a case of doesn't fit, or wants a different option with his wage?

Unless they've fallen out behind the scenes and Wellens won't forgive

So, give no fucks
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 19:45:59 »

Shame L Thompson already went out on loan to Franchise. Almost exactly what we need IMO
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 19:46:51 »

I don't think he fancies Palmer with Smith, wants something a bit more athletic maybe.  Palmer and Smith would get in each others way, they both want to get on the ball and chase it about a bit.  Therefore you have to free his slot up with the new wage restrictions - even if we don;t free up money, it's the allocation in the 25.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 19:46:58 »

I had to chuckle at the suggestion that Sid Nelson is some form of defensive saviour.  

Nothing to see here
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 19:48:43 »

Allegedly, Daddy can though.........
Well yes but that’s a different matter, Nelson would be like a square peg in a round hole. Just like Zakuani looked beyond uncomfortable last season.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 19:59:19 »

Tommy Wright is fucking ace!!!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 20:04:53 »

I had to chuckle at the suggestion that Sid Nelson is some form of defensive saviour. 
Nobody has suggested he is, i suggested someone in his style of blood and guts defending would help us, nothing more.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 20:06:59 »

Tommy Wright is fucking ace!!!!

What did he say?
REDBUCK

« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 20:08:26 »

What's all this "got away with" nonsense, Grant and Doughty was all that was required, we picked a team for promotion and that's what happened.

Panda Paws

« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 20:14:21 »

What's all this "got away with" nonsense, Grant and Doughty was all that was required, we picked a team for promotion and that's what happened.

I think Jordan Lyden might have something to say about that too.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: