Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Exeter pre match chat and matchday thread (Mickey Mouse Trophy)  (Read 14185 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:30:40 »

HT 0-2

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:30:51 »

0-10 bad but also very unlucky. The pen is at least a hard outside the box. Sounds stupid but if that doesn't happen, it's a relatively good, even game.

20 onwards, much much better. Palmer probably the standout. And DJ threatening in spurts. Tyler Smith sharp too.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:33:39 »

Looked like Grounds to me.
Difficult to tell from that angle looked to me like the attacker got a foot in but it could well have been Grounds, inches away from going in though!

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:35:10 »

I see the BBC ran an article on what the hell has happened to football/sport - there are little moments in games like these that you fully accept because it's a shit tournament and you don't care about it, but those moments are what is happening in normal games as well.  Essentially football has turned into an odd youth/reserve competition with no fans.  Just that some of the players are better than that - so you get periods that look normal, but you also get really random crap happening.  The ball before they cross to hit the bar just before half time is a good example. I think it's Donohue who just completely switches off, as if he is watching the game rather than a part of it, then realises the Exeter player has run right behind him.  It's that lack of adrenalin/match tempo that creates moments of drift.  Layer in the fact training for the new season was fucked up and everyone is also living the very real reality of Covid outside the game and you get this.

I missed the first 25 mins - the next 10 was pretty good.

At least we are out of this one, frees up some midweeks.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:35:37 »

Fryer - Not great that he was unsighted for the first
Donahue - Off the pace
Grounds - Solid
Curran - Played one lovely ball.
Hunt - Struggling defending on the right. Five min purple patch going forward and hit post.
Grant - Doing the nightly stuff
Palmer - Trying hard with one foot
Hope - Better on left than right
DJ - Couple of runs and a shot
Grant - Not done a lot
T Smith - Offside goal and put one wide.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:36:27 »

As PP says ignore the first 10 to 15 and the game has been quite good, end to end stuff, Palmer easily the best player for me but tyler had a couple of good efforts after a really slow start.

TBF Fryer was a bit unsighted for the goal but the finish was pretty perfect and the penalty was on the line so could have been called either way.

We didn't create much early doors but have created a lot more since, the game is still wide open at the moment.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:36:59 »

T Smith also had a shot saved at the end of the half.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:40:05 »

Other than maybe T Smith for energy can’t see any of the fringe players from the keeper to Hope or J Grant pushing for a start on Saturday.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:41:17 »

Although the last 30 mins was better, I didn't get the feeling that we had any control or could pass and move effectively. We looked to be trying hard, but with little to no quality.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:41:42 »

Quote from: theakston2k
Other than maybe T Smith for energy can’t see any of the fringe players from the keeper to Hope or J Grant pushing for a start on Saturday.

ditto
Peter Venkman

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:45:20 »

DJ and Tyler are the only 2 to be close to starting on Saturday for me, that may change 2nd half and one other may play a blider and be a "must pick" but at the moment they aren't.

I know its not our style but I would like to see Tyler play alongside Pitman from the off.

DJ looked totally uninterested for the first 25 mins of the game then he suddenly came alive, J Grant and Hope definately look better on the wrong wing but neither will oust Stevens of J Smith.

I can't help thinking that Palmer knows there are scouts there and is trying to impress them, hes doing well but is so 1 footed and drifting too wide on the right at times to be useful down the middle.

Almost impossible to make a judgement on fryer yet as he didn't get too close to either goal and only made one save, which wasn't too difficult.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:46:44 »

Grounds would be the only one potentially.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:47:08 »

Grounds would be the only one potentially.
I think Grounds will start anyway due to injury, Fryers is out for a few weeks Wellens said pre game.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:50:05 »

DJ shot high and wide from 25 yards.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:51:10 »

Grant saving us in our own box.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: