Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22583 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 13:17:04 »

Should we be expecting Pitman to be match sharp yet? He's only started 2 games.

Only Wellens would know but as above Martin was in a similar position and he's hit the ground running

So, give no fucks
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 13:24:44 »

Pitman was very sharp with and without the ball last week. Completely off it yesterday. Time will tell
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 13:41:01 »

Is the reason that Grant isn't shining because of M Smith? It seems to me that Smith is doing alot of the good things that Grant was doing last year. Grant is then just covering him so that he can press.

From what I have seen, it looks as if Grant is still working hard, but just not doing the eye catching stuff.
Spot on for me
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 14:06:18 »

I thought pitman was alright with his link up play yesterday when we were playing well. The reason Payne had so much space for his goal is that pitman came deep dragging one of their back line away.

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 15:49:03 »

only seen the goals, was the penalty given for the clatter at the edge of the box, or the 'trip'.

third goal, Baudry, caddis and kovar could all have done better
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 16:07:05 »

Last season, pretty much the same defence got away with it. One reason was most other sides were shit scared of Doyle and our attacking play in general. This season sides don’t give a fuck who we’ve got up front and we’re being put under pressure much more regularly.

Saying that, we certainly could have been out of sight against Posh and been a goal or two up at Blackpool.

Learning curve and all that, but a couple of players don’t look up to the task in L1.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 16:22:00 »

Funny how a lot of people spent pre season going on about how they didn’t see much difference in standard between L1 & L2 because they watched a play off game or two.

Due to player turn over we had to rebuild our attack pretty much from scratch and a good chunk of the midfield too. We had little turnover in defence so have gone in with mostly the same defenders up a level. Should have at least partially rebuilt the defence too.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 17:21:08 »

Tbf, those 4 L1 PO sides have, indeed, been poor so far this season - Wycombe, Pox, Pompey and Fleetwood.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 21:56:37 »

I think we're doing ok. I trust Wellens a lot.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 22:05:45 »

Last season, pretty much the same defence got away with it. One reason was most other sides were shit scared of Doyle and our attacking play in general. This season sides don’t give a fuck who we’ve got up front and we’re being put under pressure much more regularly.

Saying that, we certainly could have been out of sight against Posh and been a goal or two up at Blackpool.

Learning curve and all that, but a couple of players don’t look up to the task in L1.
Who?

Funny how a lot of people spent pre season going on about how they didn’t see much difference in standard between L1 & L2 because they watched a play off game or two.

Due to player turn over we had to rebuild our attack pretty much from scratch and a good chunk of the midfield too. We had little turnover in defence so have gone in with mostly the same defenders up a level. Should have at least partially rebuilt the defence too.
Peter ‘State my opinion as fact’ Venkman by any chance?  Cheesy
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 22:09:57 »

Only Wellens would know but as above Martin was in a similar position and he's hit the ground running
How many goals has Martin scored in the league so far out of interest?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Monday, October 5, 2020, 03:24:09 »

How many goals has Martin scored in the league so far out of interest?

To my knowledge zero but it's his overall play and assist that they're raving about

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, October 5, 2020, 05:07:49 »

Who?
Peter ‘State my opinion as fact’ Venkman by any chance?  Cheesy

Hmmm... Hmmm...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Monday, October 5, 2020, 05:57:15 »

Or "in the know" Chang?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, October 5, 2020, 06:07:22 »

Just reading Wellens’ comments on players who are letting him down. Reading between the lines, he’s now saying he wants a kick it, head it CB after laying the blame at Baudry’s feet for the goals.

Can’t have both at L1 level. In fact, the ball playing CB in L1 is hard to find.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: