Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 23058 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 16:10:06 »

‘ Doesnt want to play Grant and M Smith on Tuesday, but doesn't have much option as it will affect balance of team‘

Just play a couple of yoofs. League is more important than M.Mouse.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 16:11:21 »

yeah, if you can fit it within  the stupid rules about number of first team players
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 16:13:42 »

Defensive mistakes are going to be punished at this level and we’re second half. Ferguson changed tactics and they scored at a great time.

Still confident of a good season based on the first half but our defence is concerning and I think Kovar doesn’t inspire as much as Benda would unfortunately. Likes a punch rather than to catch the bloody thing which can’t help!

I think though we are judging Benda off a season in L2 where Town mostly walked the season, with Kovar in L1. I personally don't think Kovar is quite ready for it yet but he can improve. Today Benda, actually fucked up with a poor distrubition straight to a Millwall player and also then fucked up positionally. Millwall then scored when Swansea were 1-0 up. So it's all relative in terms of ability relating to division. They won 2-1 so it didn't matter. Likely Kovar panicked and started punching due to seeing his defence starting to crumble

Fwiw, I do think Benda would be comfortable at L1 level and it may come that he could get sent out in Jan again. Not certain he is ready to be Swansea's preferred No. 1 at Champ level,, just yet.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 16:16:44 »

Sounded as if that could be Payne, DJ or T Smith

Possibly aimed it the two later subs DJ & Smith (T) they didn't do a lot but then in DJs defence it was his first game back (I think), so maybe he meant others?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 16:35:12 »

Are you his mum or something? There's only one player you seem to think is immune from criticism. Scapegoating is something else entirely.
Because people are going after him on everything, he nothing to do with why we lost today. He is clearly being scapegoated and it’s getting boring. Yes he needs to get up to speed but even when we win there’s more posts about him than the performance.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 16:52:07 »

The comment about 'if people let him down they wont play' seemed to be levied at outfield players who didn't do what he wanted them to in the second half.

Sounded as if that could be Payne, DJ or T Smith
Or, presumably Pitman. If he told him to score goals!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
normy

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 16:53:16 »

I think we must remember that Peterborough are a very good side who almost got promoted last season, and we matched them for thirty minutes. Why we drop off the intensity every game in the second half, I don't know.

ust be the oldest
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 17:56:19 »

I think we must remember that Peterborough are a very good side who almost got promoted last season, and we matched them for thirty minutes. Why we drop off the intensity every game in the second half, I don't know.

The game changed massively when they changed formation.
After that we lost our discipline, shape and movement.
Should have been out of sight after 20 mins which was frustrating. Can see us getting better.
It was Baudry”s turn to have a poor game today.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 18:29:06 »

We went to one of the sides widely tipped to be there or there abouts this season and played really well for the first 20-30 minutes. We could have been more comfortably ahead but for a lack of composure. They changed shape and both out-fought and out-thought us, consequently we looked poor. Credit to Peterborough on that, changed their tactics and got it right. That will happen in a season of adjusting to stepping up to League 1.

We're not going to brush past sides like we did at times last season, although we've already had two very good home games which give you plenty of confidence we can more than hold our own in this division this season. But there will also be some games, and some teams, that are too much for us. Fans and players are going to have to learn to adjust to that and not fold under pressure from better sides. We were beaten by a better team today. It will happen a bit more this season than last, but we'll be fine.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 18:31:51 »

We went to one of the sides widely tipped to be there or there abouts this season and played really well for the first 20-30 minutes. We could have been more comfortably ahead but for a lack of composure. They changed shape and both out-fought and out-thought us, consequently we looked poor. Credit to Peterborough on that, changed their tactics and got it right. That will happen in a season of adjusting to stepping up to League 1.

We're not going to brush past sides like we did at times last season, although we've already had two very good home games which give you plenty of confidence we can more than hold our own in this division this season. But there will also be some games, and some teams, that are too much for us. Fans and players are going to have to learn to adjust to that and not fold under pressure from better sides. We were beaten by a better team today. It will happen a bit more this season than last, but we'll be fine.

Good post and you only have to look at Blackpool inconsistency to realise how hard league one is

So, give no fucks
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 18:57:25 »

First half we pressed and dominated, closed them down and they made the mistakes which really should have cost them 3 goals.  3 one on one's which should have been converted. 2 out of those 3 chances and the penalty shout created by Jonny and whilst I accept he was not
100% I thought Wellens got the subs wrong. Danger will come from him in later parts of the match and I really expected Smith to be switched to his normal right wing position and DJ to come into the left with Tyler replacing Pitman as he tired.

The change in Peterborough to a 433 in the second half caught out Wellens but then you cannot legislate for 2 mistakes which led to 2 goals.

Work in progress,  first half outplayed them, need to get smarter in the second half ,  it will come.... on to Tuesday.... Too Cool

No flaming please im biased  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 19:09:18 »

First half we pressed and dominated, closed them down and they made the mistakes which really should have cost them 3 goals.  3 one on one's which should have been converted. 2 out of those 3 chances and the penalty shout created by Jonny and whilst I accept he was not
100% I thought Wellens got the subs wrong. Danger will come from him in later parts of the match and I really expected Smith to be switched to his normal right wing position and DJ to come into the left with Tyler replacing Pitman as he tired.

The change in Peterborough to a 433 in the second half caught out Wellens but then you cannot legislate for 2 mistakes which led to 2 goals.

Work in progress,  first half outplayed them, need to get smarter in the second half ,  it will come.... on to Tuesday.... Too Cool

No flaming please im biased  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Good summary and nice to read from a different perspective and interesting what you say about Wellens getting the subs wrong
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 19:16:48 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 19:09:56 »

Because people are going after him on everything, he nothing to do with why we lost today. He is clearly being scapegoated and it’s getting boring. Yes he needs to get up to speed but even when we win there’s more posts about him than the performance.
I think that's because most of us are worried that the early signs indicate that he's not ready yet. In each of the games that he has played his positioning has been a little off and decision making a little slow. That may be a confidence thing or it might be something else

What I do know is that we have another keeper in Fryer that we have signed permanently (until January) who we've only seen once. He looked OK at most. Then there is Archie Matthews who doesn't look anywhere near ready.

Will Kovar come good? I don't know, but I think with a frail defence (which I think we have) we need a keeper who is going to pull off a few good saves in most games.

I wonder if Fryer will play on Tuesday? We may be even more worried after that!

PS. We lost because of poor finishing, individual errors and not staying on task. I thought Caddis, Hunt and Grounds did their job. Grant and M Smith faded. J Smith and Stevens tired. Payne and Pitman wasted opportunities. DJ and T Smith were poor. Fryers did well before injury and Baudry was inconsistent - played well but made several horrific mistakes. Kovar nearly got to the penalty.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 19:21:45 »

I think that's because most of us are worried that the early signs indicate that he's not ready yet. In each of the games that he has played his positioning has been a little off and decision making a little slow. That may be a confidence thing or it might be something else

What I do know is that we have another keeper in Fryer that we have signed permanently (until January) who we've only seen once. He looked OK at most. Then there is Archie Matthews who doesn't look anywhere near ready.

Will Kovar come good? I don't know, but I think with a frail defence (which I think we have) we need a keeper who is going to pull off a few good saves in most games.

I wonder if Fryer will play on Tuesday? We may be even more worried after that!

PS. We lost because of poor finishing, individual errors and not staying on task. I thought Caddis, Hunt and Grounds did their job. Grant and M Smith faded. J Smith and Stevens tired. Payne and Pitman wasted opportunities. DJ and T Smith were poor. Fryers did well before injury and Baudry was inconsistent - played well but made several horrific mistakes. Kovar nearly got to the penalty.
Hunt has been worst at left back than Kovar has been but that’s completely getting glossed over. Having a natural left back (Donohue) is a higher priority than changing the keeper. Fryer is coming back from a double leg break so we don’t even know if he’s ready or got the confidence to play regularly yet only signing for 6 months makes it a bit odd. People are second guessing Mildenhall and Wellens who see them every day.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 19:37:51 »

Similar conclusions to after the Blackpool game:

- away from home we need to play 433 but with Lyden out injured, we can’t
- need Donohue at LB. Hunt was an ok fill in LB in L2 but isn’t a LB starter in this league (or even against good right wingers in L2, eg. Colchester away)

Pitman didn’t seem to press the defenders as much as last week?

Fryers going off was a big miss. We need his pace at the back when the midfield are getting overrun

Baudry at fault for all three goals unfortunately
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 19:41:33 by Boeta » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: