Poll
Question: If the worst were to happen and the club fold what would you do?
Give up on football entirely
Push for and support a phoenix club
Supermarine
Transfer to another non-league club
Transfer to another league club
Transfer to a PL club (you glory hunting twat!)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If the worst were to happen  (Read 11359 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 11:05:07 »

Yeah, not something that would even cross my mind, I may go for a Scottish team to follow but not in England, I would feel dirty(er).

im a utd fan and have been since i was 7/8 around the same time i was starting to watch swindon live. As a kid you get under pressure to support someone "good", it makes it easier supporting teams at polar ends of the league as there is never a conflict. if they played each other i would support swindon without a doubt.

in terms of attendance i have been to OT around 20 times but with swindon 300+. my conscious is clean and i know it would come with dis-agreement but different eras of growing up i suppose. 

in answer to the OP it would be devastating and I would support a phoenix club into back into the league where possible but it would still depend on the standard of football if we started at the very very bottom and where i could gain the same feeling of attachment and support. 
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 11:06:06 »

Heaven forbid I would ever have to face this situation, but I couldn't live without football.  I spent most of last year in the North West during the week & travelling home at weekends.  Watched midweek games at Accrington, Blackburn & Preston quite regularly just for the experience of live football.  I've now moved to Norfolk & if I had to find another fix, I'd probably watch Kings Lynn, although Norwich is quite close, not sure I'd ever be a proper supporter though.
Panda Paws

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 11:17:30 »

I'd be a general armchair PL fan and watch non-league football local to me - probably at Cheshunt or Enfield.

My local team, Woodford Town, are finally moving back to the borough and will play 5 mins round the corner but the level (county league) is too low.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 11:29:16 »

im a utd fan and have been since i was 7/8 around the same time i was starting to watch swindon live. As a kid you get under pressure to support someone "good", it makes it easier supporting teams at polar ends of the league as there is never a conflict. if they played each other i would support swindon without a doubt.
I fully understand that, when I was a youngster I had Liverpool as my 2nd team, as you say at school everyone had to have a "good team" to support as well as Swindon, they had a good side and played great football with Daglish, Souness, Clemence etc and I used to enjoy watching the highlights on MOTD, games were never shown live back then except for the FA Cup Final, it wasn't the same as the flooded TV channels now.

Most of my mates even now in their early 50s are still Liverpool and Swindon supporters and they still go to games at Anfield (something I never did) but as I left school in 82 I realised I had no affiliation with Liverpool and stopped following them totally and have never followed any other side since.

I told my eldest son to have 2 teams as I didn't want him having the disappointment of just watching Town, so he chose Man Utd as well as Swindon but he now follows them more than us.

I just couldn't, too old now to start following another team and with my health declining I have no urge to watch my local sidesin person at Yeovil, Chard, Axminster or Taunton if it came down to it.

Saturdays would become empty though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 11:40:00 »

I am the same. I have always liked Liverpool and will go up 4/5 time s a season, weirdly though i will not shout about it from the roof tops and you will never see me publicly tweeting about them. It's swindon all the way the there is no competition at all
Valid Pint

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 12:00:53 »

Closet Liverpool fans in their 50s shocker.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 12:03:16 »

Closet Liverpool fans in their 50s shocker.
Closet cunt shocker.

Flashheart

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 12:08:11 »

Closet cunt shocker.

I wouldn't call him a closet cunt. I think it's been in the open for a long time now.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 12:10:22 »

I wouldn't call him a closet cunt. I think it's been in the open for a long time now.

Barry Scott

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 12:25:33 »

If Swindon disappeared, I don't think I'd bother watching football again. I didn't even watch football until I was 20 and at that point Swindon were my first and only club.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 12:28:55 »

QPR when little as dad supported them. Swindon since 9 or 10. Follow Malaga here. They’ve just ended all financial gloom and are finally free of a corrupt sheik.

Not planning on visiting uk anytime soon but watch every week on ifollow. Would be fucking distraught if we went bust.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 12:30:35 »

Given where I am located, I took the approach of getting behind the local MLS team - they started off pretty darned well, seems I have infected them now though.  Atlanta Utd.  Sat behind a Millwall fan for one game, proper old boy fan who looked quite funny in his Atlanta Utd garb shouting Facking Cant out loud.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 12:35:39 »

Growing up in Scotland I got this a fair bit. Who do you support? "Swindon", but what premier/big team do you follow? "uh, I don't". I ended up vaguely following Aston Villa as my fake big team just as everyone else was supporting Man U. I've just never seen the attraction of just randomly picking a big team but each to their own.

That said, my Scottish team is Hearts and the only season I had a season ticket at Tynecastle they split the old firm in the league and won the Scottish Cup. So you could say I'm a glory hunter!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 13:29:11 »

Fortuna Düsseldorf.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 22:13:43 »

Supporting a PL team is always a bit of an armchair experience for most. Imagine if you actually came from Liverpool or Manchester and they were your local side, but struggled to get match tickets because of ST holders from Hertfordshire.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: