Poll
Question: If the worst were to happen and the club fold what would you do?
Give up on football entirely
Push for and support a phoenix club
Supermarine
Transfer to another non-league club
Transfer to another league club
Transfer to a PL club (you glory hunting twat!)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If the worst were to happen  (Read 11361 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 12:04:29 »

Reading the Guardian piece https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/sep/29/deadly-dychonomics-premier-league-clubs-wont-care-if-efl-teams-go-under was frankly depressing, but also a worrying insight into a sadly too near future.

I genuinely don't know what I would do, so was interested on others thoughts?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 12:17:56 »

I'm going to be in the vast majority but without STFC I don't think I'd really bother with football anymore. I'll still probably watch the odd game in the pub as a neutral but in all honesty during COVID, football was not really missed by me at all and I reckon i've fallen out of love with the game unfortunately.

Phoenix club, would probably peak my interest eventually but I think i'd find other things to do at weekends.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 12:30:28 »

^^^^^ I'm not sure which way I'd go if a pheonix club emerged. All in or occasional interest.

or I might do the odd Ciren Town game instead.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 12:32:59 »

Like a phoenix from the ashes....

Still watch most games on the box but interest outside of my team and the league they are in becomes more peripheral by the year.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 12:34:52 »

Might be naive here, but surely club owners knew what was likely to happen and have acted accordingly. It does seem, though, that it’s pretty much business as usual.

There has been an emphasis on recruiting younger players which I presume cost less but if clubs are still maxing out the salary cap I can’t see what difference that will make.

We all hope any Bogle money is being kept in reserve.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 12:38:10 »

There are always Wurst things that could happen I guess.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 12:44:45 »

Phoenix club for sure, if not then cheerio football.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 12:52:57 »

Honestly, would depend on what my mates were doing. I enjoy going to football for the meets
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 13:00:19 »

Definately Phoenix club, I cannot ever contemplate following a different club at any level ever.

Only 2 teams, Swindon and England.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 13:04:25 »

Swindon Spartans. 1879 all over again. Pints while leaning against the boundary fence. I'm looking forward to it already.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 13:13:02 »

Phoenix club. If a stack of clubs go, the standard of any new non league may not be too dissimilar anyway. I made an effort last year to get back on board with football, not just STFC - and now listen to NTT20 and watch Quest start to finish.... and it makes following Town that much better, when you know who to be looking out for, and goings on at other clubs.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 13:49:21 »

Reading the Guardian piece https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/sep/29/deadly-dychonomics-premier-league-clubs-wont-care-if-efl-teams-go-under was frankly depressing, but also a worrying insight into a sadly too near future.

I genuinely don't know what I would do, so was interested on others thoughts?

What a prick Sean Dyche is. For a man whose entire career was in the lower leagues, needs to remember where he came from.

For an alternative standpoint you only had to ask the Burnley manager, Sean Dyche, who took a dim view of Premier League clubs being pressured into bailing out their poorer counterparts. “Does that mean every hedge fund manager who is incredibly successful does that to the hedge fund managers who are not so successful?” he sniffed. “Do the restaurants who are surviving look after the ones who are not? If you are going to apply it to football, you have to apply it to everyone and every business.” (Congratulations, Sean: you’ve just invented social democracy!)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 14:14:52 »

Honestly, would depend on what my mates were doing. I enjoy going to football for the meets

This
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 14:20:31 »

Supermarine could fill a hole..

Clems Army!
Panda Paws

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, 14:23:10 »

What a prick Sean Dyche is. For a man whose entire career was in the lower leagues, needs to remember where he came from.

Putting my asshole hat on, he's right.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: