Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Burton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20286 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #300 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 12:07:44 »

The more i see of fans saying we are average, the better.  I would rather fly under the radar, especially as my biggest fear is us ripping up league 1 for the first half and then losing Wellens to a Championship club midway through the season..  it's not like that has happened to us before is it?
Absolutely, I would love to fly just inder the radar, trouble is that withthe EFL Show with Sam Parkin and Colin Murray who constantly praises Wellens and Town that will be difficult this season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 12:33:54 »

Agree.  I do get the feeling though that not too many teams fans above lge 2 actually realise what a good job that Wellens has been doing with us, mainly because if you are not in lge 2 you don't tend to take too much notice of it.  I personally would like it to stay that way for as long as possible.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 12:37:00 »

Absolutely, I would love to fly just inder the radar, trouble is that withthe EFL Show with Sam Parkin and Colin Murray who constantly praises Wellens and Town that will be difficult this season.
tbh if the danger is other clubs noticing what a good job Wellens is doing and pinching him, they're not relying on the EFL show for their scouting/recruitment
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 12:38:13 »

I don’t know. According to Power he had to fend off a couple of clubs who were after his services.

As long as he thinks we’re competitive, he’ll stay. Big season, this. Just about any club could fluke it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 12:40:33 »

I don’t know. According to Power he had to fend off a couple of clubs who were after his services.
Oh I'm sure he has. Just don't thnk it was a Saturday night highlights show on Quest that triggered that interest, I suspect the clubs might be doing their own monitoring
Peter Venkman

« Reply #305 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 13:07:50 »

Oh I'm sure he has. Just don't thnk it was a Saturday night highlights show on Quest that triggered that interest, I suspect the clubs might be doing their own monitoring
My Quote was not so much about Wellens being stolen by other teams more so that fans of other clubs think we are a pushover on their forums. I should have pointed that out as it was an all encompassing post, but I meant fans not so much Wellens being knicked away from us.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 13:11:01 »

My Quote was not so much about Wellens being stollen by other teams

As you have bought up cakes, I am not sure where all the worries about Pitman being Lardy came from, he seems reasonably mobile.

However, he has the hairiest arms I think I have ever seen on a player, bet he has got a proper rug on his back as well!

Lovely nonchalant finish though.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #307 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 13:19:21 »

As you have bought up cakes, I am not sure where all the worries about Pitman being Lardy came from, he seems reasonably mobile.

However, he has the hairiest arms I think I have ever seen on a player, bet he has got a proper rug on his back as well!
Genoa I think he fitted in really well and played a decent game, he has more pace than he looks at times and some of his touches were sublime, he seems more of a bully and better in the air than Doyle.

I would like to see him in a front 2 with Tyler alongside of him but there is no player he could actually drop to accomodate him as both wingers and Payne made things happen in our attack.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 13:31:17 »

Genoa I think he fitted in really well and played a decent game, he has more pace than he looks at times and some of his touches were sublime, he seems more of a bully and better in the air than Doyle.

I would like to see him in a front 2 with Tyler alongside of him but there is no player he could actually drop to accomodate him as both wingers and Payne made things happen in our attack.

I salute your work sir!  Clap

The funny thing when he scored is that when the ball broke to the R/H side of the box and the camera panned forward we had three midfielders breaking into the box ahead of our striker, yet he was still in the right place to score which I think shows his class and experience!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 13:33:01 »

He's up there challenging Tierney the ref for the "Gorilla Arms" award isn't he?
normy

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 16:31:53 »

I've just been on Zoom, for  a Burton post-match briefing by Noel Hunt, together with other selected oldies by STFC in the community.  I enjoyed it, and asked one question.

ust be the oldest
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 16:41:01 »

I've just been on Zoom, for  a Burton post-match briefing by Noel Hunt, together with other selected oldies by STFC in the community.  I enjoyed it, and asked one question.
And presumably your question was, "what is your favourite cheese?"🤔
normy

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 16:46:19 »

I'm not town-end enough for that!

ust be the oldest
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 16:54:30 »

Can't leave us hanging like that - spill.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 17:15:05 »

Whenever Jeff Stelling goes on about our Smiths he always lists a 'Sam Smith', but we don't actually have anyone by that name do we?

yeah, think he was a youth team keeper last season who made the bench in a checkatrade game or two. Not sure if he's still about.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: