Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Burton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20293 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 11:40:53 »

Absolutely, in his previous games Kovar has come out and claimed crosses like that, he is capable of it, hes a tall lad but he stepped backwards instead of coming out, I think the ball was a lot closer to him than he thought at the time so was caught between coming for it and trying to save the outcome, as it turned out he did neither.

Against Blackpool he took 2 similar crosses with ease but yesterday he dithered and chose unwisely.

He is better than that.
I’m sure he’s also aware that a number of our fuckwit fans have selected him as this seasons scapegoat choosing to go after him rather than being happy about wins, that can’t help a young keepers confidence. People just need to enjoy the fact we’ve clearly got a competitive squad and stop trying to find faults. If he doesn’t come good he’ll get replaced if he does then it’s all good, either way we’ll be just fine.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 11:51:24 »

I’m sure he’s also aware that a number of our fuckwit fans have selected him as this seasons scapegoat choosing to go after him rather than being happy about wins, that can’t help a young keepers confidence. People just need to enjoy the fact we’ve clearly got a competitive squad and stop trying to find faults. If he doesn’t come good he’ll get replaced if he does then it’s all good, either way we’ll be just fine.

He's obviously a talented goalkeeper or he wouldn't be at United but as in life confidence is everything and will need coaching to improve his positional play plus mental strength to deal with any criticism

So, give no fucks
REDBUCK

« Reply #287 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 11:55:32 »

Well someone was next in line now Iandolo is no longer in the frame although I'm sure he'll not be remotely worried about comments on social media. It's not as if he's playing in front of a large crowd.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 11:55:58 »

That Burton Fan again:  "I didn’t watch i-Follow ....... Listened on radio. Sounded like their 3 first-half goals were all very basic errors. We won the rest of the game."

A touch of the Kingston Robin from yesteryear, who used to give forthright (and, for that matter, far more detailed) opinions on STFCs performances he'd not witnessed.

I missed yesterday unfortunately but I wonder if the first goal took a slight deflection taking it just inside rather than just outside the post?

From the video highlights (here I go myself now  Grin), Kovar seems to be a little hesitant which is leaving him a little in no man's land.  I'd like to see him become more assertive and apply his own judgement, more willing to risk mistakes.

If that happens, I see no reason why there shouldn't be a very decent keeper in him;  he's class with the ball at his feet.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 11:57:45 by RedRag » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 13:29:29 »

I agree that a sense of perspective is required by many.

Nothing to see here
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 14:40:41 »

It was Fryers who was at blame for the 2nd, didn't pick up his man at all, hence why the Burton lad had a free header.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 14:50:03 »

It was Fryers who was at blame for the 2nd, didn't pick up his man at all, hence why the Burton lad had a free header.
Agree with this completely. A few people had Fryers down as man of the match but he's made a fundamental error that cost us a goal, and as good as his other play was, he has to be better than that
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 14:52:19 »

100%, I said as much earlier in the thread.  I think he's a top defender though.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 09:31:44 »

My input re goalie Smith. It is just the one thing that he needs to sort out and that’s his positioning with regard to his goal. Burton’s first goal I’m sure he purposely didn’t go full stretch - in fact, it looked like he retracted his arms - cos he thought the shot wasn’t on target and he did not want to give away a corner.

The alternative is a journeyman keeper who has no skill with the ball at his feet and can only lump it forward. And that ain’t for us.

He’ll come good. I’m sure of it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 10:43:46 »

As others have said, it's a confidence thing. Like any player. If a striker doesn't score in say 3 games running, his confidence will start to drop. Do you drop that player?

Get a few clean sheets under his belt, and all will grow. He's young and first season in first team football. He'll be fine.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #295 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 10:55:45 »

One more post from a Burton fan on their forum.
Yes we did look very open at the back against a very average Swindon side. By half time we had lost a platform on which to build any sort of result, it was game over really. We did finish the stronger side.

Nice to know we are average, any average team that can score 4 goals in a game must be doing something a bit better than average surely?

Saying that a lot of teams that we beat early season last year were saying the same, we are an average team that managed to score some goals and win games.

By comparsion, after 4 league games and a league cup tie we were W2 D1 L1 F6 A4 and had lost in the LC letting in 3.

This season after 3 we have W2 D0 L1 - F7 A5 and lost in the LC letting in 3.

Quite comparable so far.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #296 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 11:00:47 »

An intricate, technical style of play is always likely to take longer to bed in.

But there was nothing 'average' about us going forward, although more work needs to be done defensively.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 11:06:38 »

Seeing as we're average and Burton dominated that game, I'm surprised they're not more concerned about their side getting battered 4-2 Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 11:46:14 »

Seeing as we're average and Burton dominated that game, I'm surprised they're not more concerned about their side getting battered 4-2 Smiley
Cheesy
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 11:54:11 »

The more i see of fans saying we are average, the better.  I would rather fly under the radar, especially as my biggest fear is us ripping up league 1 for the first half and then losing Wellens to a Championship club midway through the season..  it's not like that has happened to us before is it?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: