Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Burton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20612 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:09:28 »

agree with above, cool finish goal and a few nice touches but mainly steady. first game and two training sessions not bad at all.
---
just watched the goals again and still think it's harsh to blame Kovar for the second. But he's yet to fill me with confidence.  early days

Obviously this is just opinion but I think he should have (tried to) claim that cross. Akins was only about 4 yards out when he headed in. Sorry for the Benda comparison but I’m sure he would have claimed that easily.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:14:56 »

“I didn’t watch i-Follow as I refuse to give money to Swindon. Listened on radio. Sounded like their 3 first-half goals were all very basic errors.”

Some football fans really are cretins aren’t they? Ignoring the seeming irrationality of not giving any money to Swindon (not really sure why he has an issue but hey ho) but it’s highly unlikely Burton had more than 500 subscribers to the Burton Ifollow and his money wouldn’t have gone to us anyway.

I suppose he didn’t spend £10 to watch his team chase us around the pitch for 90 minutes and lose the game so maybe he/she has the last laugh!

What amazes me with Burton is they only get around 5000 for home games how they can even survive year after year

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #272 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:17:07 »

I think it's harsh to blame the second on him, but...

Did anybody else notice Baudry after it went in, with a look toward Kovac? There might have been nothing in it, but the body language seemed to be blaming him.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:19:25 »

“I didn’t watch i-Follow as I refuse to give money to Swindon. Listened on radio. Sounded like their 3 first-half goals were all very basic errors.”

Some football fans really are cretins aren’t they? Ignoring the seeming irrationality of not giving any money to Swindon (not really sure why he has an issue but hey ho) but it’s highly unlikely Burton had more than 500 subscribers to the Burton Ifollow and his money wouldn’t have gone to us anyway.

I suppose he didn’t spend £10 to watch his team chase us around the pitch for 90 minutes and lose the game so maybe he/she has the last laugh!

Im also a cretin. It is the first 500 Burton Ifollow subs that go to us and anything over that goes to them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:21:00 »

PV - ok I can see you may have a point with his starting position.

and yes I did notice the glance
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:21:28 »

What amazes me with Burton is they only get around 5000 for home games how they can even survive year after year

They seem to be a very well run club. When we played them a few seasons back in league 2 I spent pre-game in the glue pot in the sun chatting to their fans and they all seemed very decent. No big time Charlie’s, they were just loving the fact they were doing so well in the league.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #276 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:26:18 »

They seem to be a very well run club. When we played them a few seasons back in league 2 I spent pre-game in the glue pot in the sun chatting to their fans and they all seemed very decent. No big time Charlie’s, they were just loving the fact they were doing so well in the league.
My cousin is a season ticket holder there, he is a massive Derby fan and lives in Burton but he feels more of a part at a friendly family club than he did at Derby. He still supports both teams but feels Burton appreciate him more as a fan.

He said we deserved to win yesterday and was impressed by our passing and pace and gracious in defeat.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:28:07 »

My cousin is a season ticket holder there, he is a massive Derby fan and lives in Burton but he feels more of a part at a friendly family club than he did at Derby. He still supports both teams but feels Burton appreciate him more as a fan.

He said we deserved to win yesterday and was impressed by our passing and pace and gracious in defeat.

That’s fair enough PV. I didn’t think Burton were that bad a side. They pressed well and passed it around also but we had more match winners on the pitch in my eyes.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:30:15 »

Agreed we'll run and no big time Charlie's and even more impressive is Burton is only about the same distance from Derby as Swindon to lechlade and were able to compete in the championship and now league one

So, give no fucks
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:31:33 »

I think the big problem with the 2nd, in so far as Kovar goes, is the indecision, it makes it look like an error, perhaps it was, perhaps it wasn't but once a keeper starts to go he should go all the way, likewise if he starts to stay he should continue to stay.  I don't think he could have dealt with it either way personally but changing his mind doesn't help him.

The constantly changing CB pairing in front of him can't be ideal at this stage of his career, he hasn't got the experience to be able to adapt to that yet, hopefully Baudry and Fryers, in the absence of Conroy can stay fit for a run of games and an understanding can be built.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #280 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:32:45 »

That’s fair enough PV. I didn’t think Burton were that bad a side. They pressed well and passed it around also but we had more match winners on the pitch in my eyes.
Burton had no game winners in the side, no "spark" players like DJ/Payne/J Smith/Stevens that was the big difference, they look a bang average L1 side, they can play a bit but have one style that they cannot change. I don't think they will be relegated or promoted this season.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:35:42 »

Burton had no game winners in the side, no "spark" players like DJ/Payne/J Smith/Stevens that was the big difference, they look a bang average L1 side, they can play a bit but have one style that they cannot change. I don't think they will be relegated or promoted this season.

Fully agree PV. Mid table for Burton.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #282 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:36:46 »

I think the big problem with the 2nd, in so far as Kovar goes, is the indecision, it makes it look like an error, perhaps it was, perhaps it wasn't but once a keeper starts to go he should go all the way, likewise if he starts to stay he should continue to stay.  I don't think he could have dealt with it either way personally but changing his mind doesn't help him.
Absolutely, in his previous games Kovar has come out and claimed crosses like that, he is capable of it, hes a tall lad but he stepped backwards instead of coming out, I think the ball was a lot closer to him than he thought at the time so was caught between coming for it and trying to save the outcome, as it turned out he did neither.

Against Blackpool he took 2 similar crosses with ease but yesterday he dithered and chose unwisely.

He is better than that.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:55:18 »

A
Peter Venkman

« Reply #284 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:55:53 »

A

That was exactly what I heard in my head.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: