Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Burton pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20285 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, September 26, 2020, 20:14:05 »

definitely different pressures.

it's very early days for him yet
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, September 26, 2020, 20:24:36 »

The keeper is seeing a lot more of the ball this season than last season as we are playing better teams so makes the odds of mistakes higher. There were matches last season where Benda basically had to do nothing. Kovar needs to be allowed a good run of games so that he gets used to playing at this level and integrated into the squad. No idea what kind of personality he has whether shy or confident but that will play a part in how quickly he settles. Benda always came across as ultra confident and Grant took him under his wing so that helped him settle quickly.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, September 26, 2020, 20:32:20 »

Benda had some absolute howlers in his early days, but was also commanding at the same time. Will be interesting to see what Kovar is like after 10 games

Matt Smith is a quality player, a great Doughty replacement.

Wonder if Wellens will change the team shape or personell for away games to tighten up the midfield without the ball. Interesting to see Donohue come on in midfield (which is where he mostly played for Portsmouth I think)
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, September 26, 2020, 21:35:47 »

The sooner we're all back in the County Ground, not only the better, but the guarantee of many points and performances.

Be just our luck we lace League One and can't see in person, after the last 20 years.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, September 26, 2020, 21:53:59 »

How was Stevens over the 90? Just seen the highlights and love the way he won the ball back himself for his goal.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 06:44:46 »

Not the toughest of starts but 6 from 9 is more than adequate. Got a similar feel to the beginning of last season with Wellens moulding a team on the hoof, so to speak. I don’t think more than 5 players yesterday had played together over a period of games - Smith, Smith, Stevens, Pitman, Kovar and Payne are all new to each other as well as last season’s regulars.

Seem to have good options off the bench, too. Who would drop out to accommodate DJ and Lyden?

Still look vulnerable at the back, though, and revert back to a bit of piss and panic mode.

Away to Posh next. Be over the moon to get something out of that. They pissed all over Sunderland yesterday but lost.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 08:12:06 »

Not the toughest of starts but 6 from 9 is more than adequate. Got a similar feel to the beginning of last season with Wellens moulding a team on the hoof, so to speak. I don’t think more than 5 players yesterday had played together over a period of games - Smith, Smith, Stevens, Pitman, Kovar and Payne are all new to each other as well as last season’s regulars.

Seem to have good options off the bench, too. Who would drop out to accommodate DJ and Lyden?

Still look vulnerable at the back, though, and revert back to a bit of piss and panic mode.

Away to Posh next. Be over the moon to get something out of that. They pissed all over Sunderland yesterday but lost.

The Roker roar led them to victory 😁

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 08:37:34 »

How was Stevens over the 90? Just seen the highlights and love the way he won the ball back himself for his goal.
The highlights may make him look brilliant. He had a steady game with a couple of good bits.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #263 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 09:21:46 »

Solid winger, tracks back and wins the ball, he did for his goal he tackled the defender and took his goal well too. Looked dangerous and has lots of pace, him and Jonny Smith look a great pair of players and look an upgrade on last season.

Stevens is still raw and gives the ball away cheaply a few times but for his debut he was excellent and will build on that performance.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #264 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 09:30:34 »

From the Posh forum
Another loss and, apart from a couple of worldies last week in injury time, it doesn't look good.....

Not sure that was a penalty but it my was a poor challenge from Taylor who has looked a bit non-league all game. We’ve had a couple of bursts but Szmodics and JCH look like a couple of free transfers and not expensive signings...Szmodics now coming off....is Maddison still. Available because we are missing some creativity

We lost. It didn't look good. Sunderland didn't look too good either.
I expected a tough game. A draw would have been a fair result.

Yep, 3 games in and we can all see it’s going wrong.
We should sack Fergie, re-sign Maddison and bring back Steve Evans, there’s no other way we’re going up this season.

What a load of rubbish has been posted today. Posh were the better team, apart from towards the end of the first half and at the start of the second half. All teams go through all matches when they have their little purple patches. We will play a lot worse and still beat teams in this division.

And from the Posh forum a view of next weeks fixture...
Posh are favourites with the bookies to win this game.
I reckon we'll give them a hiding.

And from the not very active Burton forum on yesterday...

Not the best performance today

I didn’t watch i-Follow as I refuse to give money to Swindon. Listened on radio. Sounded like their 3 first-half goals were all very basic errors. We won the rest of the game.

I thought we were in with a chance once Quinn’s volley went in and it sounded like it was all Burton until their 4th was scored on what sounded like against the run of play.

Hunk

« Reply #265 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 09:44:58 »

How nonchalant was that finish by Pitman?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 09:58:46 »

agree with above, cool finish goal and a few nice touches but mainly steady. first game and two training sessions not bad at all.
---
just watched the goals again and still think it's harsh to blame Kovar for the second. But he's yet to fill me with confidence.  early days
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:07:02 »

And from the not very active Burton forum on yesterday...

I didn’t watch i-Follow as I refuse to give money to Swindon. Listened on radio. Sounded like their 3 first-half goals were all very basic errors. We won the rest of the game.

Blimey. Struggling to think of what we might have done to upset Burton in the past.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #268 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:07:16 »

just watched the goals again and still think it's harsh to blame Kovar for the second. But he's yet to fill me with confidence.  early days
I just watched the goals again and I honestly think his positioning is woeful he was caught in 2 minds whether to come for the cross or not, but its not just him it should have been defended better Fryers who was a long way from his man who actually headed it in and Hunt is nowhere near anyone as the scorer ghosts in behind him.

Blimey. Struggling to think of what we might have done to upset Burton in the past.
Yeah someone has a chip on their shoulder, I thought that.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:07:18 »

“I didn’t watch i-Follow as I refuse to give money to Swindon. Listened on radio. Sounded like their 3 first-half goals were all very basic errors.”

Some football fans really are cretins aren’t they? Ignoring the seeming irrationality of not giving any money to Swindon (not really sure why he has an issue but hey ho) but it’s highly unlikely Burton had more than 500 subscribers to the Burton Ifollow and his money wouldn’t have gone to us anyway.

I suppose he didn’t spend £10 to watch his team chase us around the pitch for 90 minutes and lose the game so maybe he/she has the last laugh!
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 27, 2020, 10:10:14 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: