Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol city v Swansea  (Read 5171 times)
Spud

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 02:40:03 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Tinnion is a truly appalling manager and I'm amazed he's survived this long. With what he's had to work with he has been laughably bad, there minimum expectations were automatic promotion and Tinnion makes them look like relegation candidates.

I have no doubt if King was at Bristol City he would got them promoted so I fucking hope he doesn't go there.

Im glad i can have a laugh before going to bed. Smiley
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 02:51:28 »

Spuddy he very nearly got us promoted with about a 1/5 of the wage budget. Realisticaly getting them promoted would be a piece of piss in comparison.

However much you dislike King it is clear for anyone to see that Tinnion is a far far worse manager, if Tinnion was in charge of us we'd probably get about 5 points all season and concede about 200 goals.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 12:46:41 »

ok, tinnion has shown the same disregard and naivety (sp?) for players best positions as king. just because he's at a flush club and not one struggling to pay the bills, doesnt mean he'd suddenly become a master manager, and walk the league. king is a tactical nightmare of a manager.

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 12:53:49 »

Really though no he isn't. King is far better tactically than Brian Tinnion, he wouldn't need to become a master manager to get bristol city promoted. It would take a master manager to get us promoted but seeing as he nearly managed that, with bristol city's budget and good coaches etc. to help it would be easy enough.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 12:56:35 »

Whilst it's not hard to be better tactically than Tinnion, King is far from tactically astute. In fact, he hasn't got a clue.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 13:03:29 »

There's not really any evidence that he's any worse than average for this division, Tinnion is probably the worst.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 13:05:03 »

Playing 4-5-1 away from home when we have four strikers and a poor defence is a very bad tactical decision.

Also dropping a right-winger who was our best player in the previous game and replacing him with a central midfielder is equally as bad.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 13:06:40 »

City think that if tinhead goes there is a posibility of them getting Martin Allen but I can't see that really.If Allen was to leave Brentford he would go to a higher club because he's a very good manager.
I saw some pictures of tinnion after the match yesterday and he looked well and truly gutted some city fans even said they thought he looked like he was crying!I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him though.He's city through and through and I think he and everybody else knows that the only way to move forward is for him to leave.So it must be a hard decision for him to make.

RED ARMY
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 13:14:16 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Playing 4-5-1 away from home when we have four strikers and a poor defence is a very bad tactical decision.

Also dropping a right-winger who was our best player in the previous game and replacing him with a central midfielder is equally as bad.

That is all opinion though. I think Shakes does tend to be better off the bench. You rated him the best player at Walsall but most people didn't. We played 4-4-2 yesterday with only one player slightly out of position for part of the game and he wasn't in a completely unfamilar role. How many other managers play players outside of their usual position, you'll struggle to find one that doesn't. Ferguson, Mourinho etc. all do it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 13:23:27 »

Everyone I've spoken to who went to the Walsall game said that Shakes was one of the best players on the park, if not our best. Furthermore, if you look at the formations/team selections people have made on these forums, the vast majority have picked Shakes - why? It's not because he's crap, is it?

Pook wasn't slightly out of position, he's a central midfielder not a right-winger. Does Ferguson play Keane on the wing? Did Wenger play Vieira on the wing? Does Mourinho play Lampard out wide? The answer is no.

Wingers need the ability to run with the ball at their feet, get past players, cross the ball and so on. Central midfielders generally don't need to do those so why should Pook be able to play on the wing?

Of course, injuries/suspensions often dictate players are forced to play out of position but Shakes was dropped for no reason whatsoever yesterday.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 13:32:44 »

Dv85 gave shakes 6, the adver also didn't rate him that highly.
http://thetownend.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5748

Mourinho regularly plays players out of position when he doesn't really need to. Defenders up front you name it. Look at players like Gerrard central midfielder but often plays on the wing and occasionally at right back.

Joe Cole prefers to play in the centre and is right-footed but Mourinho often plays him as a left winger.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 13:32:44 »

i didnt think shakes was that great at walsall
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 13:42:08 »

Mourinho regularly plays players out of position when he doesn't really need to. Defenders up front you name it. Look at players like Gerrard central midfielder but often plays on the wing and occasionally at right back.

Joe Cole prefers to play in the centre and is right-footed but Mourinho often plays him as a left winger.

Only two people did ratings for Walsall and I was one of them, not exactly hugely representative of opinions.

I've never seen Gerrard play anywhere but central midfield. Cole may prefer to play in the centre but he can play on the left. Either way, Premiership players are more likely to be adaptable enough to play in other positions, a 19 year old in his first season of professional football probably isn't.

Why drop Shakes then?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 13:54:57 »

I gave almost everyone a 6.

I wouldnt have dropped Shakes though, If I were going to drop a midfielder it would have been Whalley
Spud

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 13:58:05 »

Quote from: "DV85"

I gave almost everyone a 6.

I wouldnt have dropped Shakes though, If I were going to drop a midfielder it would have been Whalley

Agree with that, Whalley has been piss poor this season.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: