Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blackpool v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 32493 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:32:41 »

Really disappointed by how toothless weve been when we really need a goal. Don't think we're playing to Pitman's strengths (whatever they are).
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #271 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:33:03 »

Another factor might be that the home team is better.
They werent until the 2nd goal went in though, then our heads dropped.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:34:14 »

This is worrying.  Out thought & out muscled.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #273 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:36:22 »

FT 0-2

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #274 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:36:27 »

Lost that fair and square with a wretched middle third. They weren't great but edged us and took their chances, and we never really made them uncomfortable. Last 10 was very ragged and a better team would have hit 3 or 4. Even first 30 but we fell off a cliff after losing J Smith. Even though he wasn't doing much, he was occupying their FB Mitchell, who then grew and grew.

A Grant and Rob Hunt miles off where we know they should be. Kovar looks great with his feet but less so with his hands, so far, all though he did make one great save. J Grant, on that limited evidence, is a backup player - did very little.

M Smith, DJ and Payne great first 30 but all faded badly. Back four, Hunt aside, were OK enough. Fryers was actually v good. Probably my MOTM. Hallam Hope gave us a spark and was so unlucky not to score.

Need those reinforcements if we're going to compete more away from home. We're not flexible enough. We're desperate for a CM, as we all know. 433 away from home, with 3 genuine CMs needs to be an option. Keep the ball better, connect the back 6 and the front line more and give us a bit more control.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:38:05 by Panda Paws » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:37:24 »

disappointing. lost the game between 45-65 mins.

the only really positives in terms of good player performances- caddis, grant, baudry, fryers and Hope. unfortunately that is all players who played last season! the others have work to do- jonny smith would be included in those if he had stayed on i'm sure.

BUT if that is one of the best this league has to offer- then we can have an alright-ish season i am sure.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:37:27 »

Ah well, can't win them all. Pox are bottom  Smiley
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:37:32 »

Some forum members got butt hurt by the suggestion that Blackpool might do well and be one of the front runners this year. I suspect that they are one of the better sides and therefore I don't think we need to panic just yet.

Nothing to see here
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:39:04 »

Pretty crap that.

Onto next week
Flashheart

« Reply #279 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:39:42 »

A poor second half. They just strolled through an apparently non existent midfield at times. I bet the gaffer won't be happy.

We did look good in spells, though, and it may have finished very differently if Hope's shot went in. 
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:39:47 »

Lost that fair and square with a wretched middle third. They're weren't great but edged us and took their chances, and we never really made them uncomfortable. Last 10 was very ragged and a better team would have hit 3 or 4. Even first 30 but we fell off a cliff after losing J Smith. Even though he wasn't doing much, he was occupying their FB Mitchell, who then grew and grew.

A Grant and Rob Hunt miles off where we know they should be. Kovar looks great with his feet but less so with his hands, so far, all though he did make one great save. J Grant, on that limited evidence, is a backup player - did very little.

M Smith, DJ and Payne great first 30 but all faded badly. Back four, Hunt aside, were OK enough. Fryers was actually v good. Probably my MOTM. Hallam Hope gave us a spark and was so unlucky not to score.

Need those reinforcements if we're going to compete more away from home. We're not flexible enough. We're desperate for a CM, as we all know. 433 away from home, with 3 genuine CMs needs to be an option. Keep the ball better, connect the back 6 and the front line more and give us a bit more control.

A fair assessment. I did think though that Fryers is far too keen to just hoof the ball from defence when we have nobody able to hold the ball..

Our first XI is decent enough to cause most teams some problems but we don't look dangerous enough up top and the transition between midfield and forward was almost always overhit.

Wouldn't mind seeing us play with two up top.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:39:58 »

Overall I think we've looked like a team not quite at match fitness.  Couple of good chances and spells where we look good, but we've struggled with the pace of the game at times.  J Grant is a good example - he looks precisely like a player who hasn't met the team or played much recently.  He's spent most of his game watching the ball go about 3 yards away from where he is.  Bennett had that look a couple of years ago, so hopefully he'll be OK with time.

The two goals were bad defending but Hamilton was the best player on the pitch today - Hunt let him come in far too easily I think.  The first one you want the keeper doing better, the second I don't think Kovar even saw.

Overall, while it's been a long time since we've looked the worse team on the pitch in a league game, I still think we'll be a good team this year once we've had time with the coaches and built up some stamina in those legs.  There is enough there and the players will improve.  I like to call our seasons early, so I'll suggest we will be mid table when this one ends, which is fair enough in the current environment.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:40:18 »

On another note, this piss stains lost again and are bottom of the league
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:42:05 »

On another note, this piss stains lost again and are bottom of the league

Plus Anderson was shit and Yates didn't score.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, September 19, 2020, 15:42:52 »

Anderson was one of their better players i thought. Made more tackles in that game than he did in his entire STFC career
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: